|OG225||19 - 23 Nov 2018||London - UK||5,500|
|OG225||06 - 10 May 2019||Houston TX - USA||6,950|
|OG225||18 - 22 Nov 2019||London - UK||5,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose This Training Course?
This 5-day Advance Seismic Interpretation using Petrel training course provides interpretation techniques developed for seismic data sets and applications on seismic attributes, seismic sequence stratigraphy, Structural Geology and AVO. The training course will feature the Petrel Software provided by Schlumberger which will guide the participants in the integration of all available data sets into the seismic model adding value to successful seismic predictions.
The training course will help professionals to gain a solid understanding of the applications and role of the seismic interpreter in studies that involve post-stack seismic attributes, AVO, seismic sequence stratigraphy, seismic geomorphology, 4D time-lapse seismic, Vertical Seismic Profile and Interpretative processing.
This PetroKnowledge training course will highlight:
- Seismic Visual perception, understanding and impact on interpretation
- Geological concepts, sedimentary models and structural styles
- Introduction to the PETREL software - seismic interpretation module
- Depth conversion and Different Seismic Velocities models.
- Attributes analysis on Sandstone and carbonate reservoir
Training Objectives click here
What are the Goals?
This is a hands-on training course focusing on interpreting seismic data sets. Participants will gain knowledge and hands-on practice on applications and role of the seismic interpreter in the industry.
By the end of this training course, the participants will:
- Have working knowledge of the full range of representative special interpretative methods
- Have experience on hands-on real data sets and real workflow in the oil industry, which he may carry out himself and/or supervise
- Be capable to account for the geophysical input in multi-disciplinary teams
- Be proficient on Seismic interpretation using Petrel
Target Audience click here
Who is this Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Production Engineers
- Petrophysical Engineers
- Seismic Interpreters
Training Methods click here
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This PetroKnowledge training course is evenly divided between the seismic expression of structural styles and seismic stratigraphy. After spending minimal time on acquisition and background theory, participants will be made acutely aware of impedance and resolution and identification of processing errors and how important it is to understand these before interpretation.
The participants will also be introduced to the structural complexity associated with fold and thrust terrains, extensional systems and various types of wrench faulting and salt/mud related deformation.
Daily Agenda click here
Day One: Introduction and General Overview
- Introduction to seismic acquisition and processing, seismic frequency and its relationship to bed thickness, impedance, detection and resolution. The systematic methodology of seismic interpretation.
- Exercise on calculating seismic frequency and resolution.
- Introduction to compressional tectonics and fold and thrust belts: horses, piggy-back thrusting, duplexes and antiformal stacks, triangle-zones, fault propagation folds, fault bend folds and detachment folds
- Exercises on interpretation of fold and thrust belts (PETREL)
Day Two: Seismic Processing, Geology and Scales of Work
- Introduction to Sedimentology and Stratigraphy
- Sandstone Reservoirs introduction and Carbonates
- Seismic Scales
- Exercises on Well information data loading and Editing
Day Three: Sedimentology and Stratigraphy
- Seismic facies analysis: external geometries and internal refection configuration
- ABC method of defining seismic facies, reflection patterns, continuity and amplitude and using these to determine environments of deposition and net/gross
- Seismic Attributes
- Exercises on performing Seismic attributes for Sandstone reservoirs
Day Four: Structural Geology, Seismic Interpretation and Borehole Seismic
- Introduction to time slices, horizon slices and stratal and the advantages/disadvantages of each
- common seismic attributes and their application to unconventional resource plays such as tight-gas sandstones and fractured shale plays
- Direct hydrocarbon indicators such as flat spots, bright spots and polarity reversals
- Depth Conversion and Vertical Seismic profile introduction
- Exercises on seismic facies analysis, Well Facies analysis
Day Five: Seismic Applications, Final Project – Round Table
- Seismic Applications in E&P
- Workshop on participant data – Real Data Project
- Round Table Questions and Answers
Related Courses click here
- Seismic Interpretation & Basin Analysis of Rift Basin Systems
- Open and Cased Hole Log Interpretation
- Advanced Well Log Interpretation