We currently have no scheduled session for this Contracts & Purchasing Management Training Course. If you are interested in running this course, please contact our Training Department at email@example.com
Why Choose this Course?
This intensive course is aimed at improving the skills of the Procurement Professional and Buyers in organizations. The course examines the strategic importance of procurement within departments by using concepts and ideas in order to maximize the procurement department’s effectiveness and thereby reducing costs throughout the supply chain.
It is therefore imperative for Procurement to constantly deliver value to the organisation by delivering products and services that contributes to the well-being of the organisation. This is an important course for Purchasing professionals who will return to their organisation with actual realistic plans on how to make considerable cost savings.
This course will feature:
- Review critical supply strategies
- Enhance skills required for good supplier relationships
- Appraise business continuity and contingency planning for procurement
- Study different approaches in negotiations
- Learn how to rate a supplier
What are the Goals?
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Develop critical supply strategies
- Apply the concepts of activity based costing
- Develop skills required for effective supplier relationships
- Learn how to create rapport, build trust and establish credibility in a work group
- Practise successful negotiations
Who is this Course for?
This course is intended for a number of professionals who have an experience of purchasing within organisations. It is also aimed at those who are in the supply chain requiring an understanding of procurement, such as finance and logistics professionals.
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Procurement Personnel
- Contracts and Project Personnel
- Engineering, Operational, and Maintenance personnel
- Individuals involved in the planning, evaluation, preparation and management of purchases that cover the acquisition of materials, equipment, and services
- Individuals who are in organizations whose leadership want high levels of competency in those involved in purchasing activities
How will this be Presented?
This course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes a comprehensive manual, class discussion and examination of delegates’ problems, videos and case studies from real life scenarios.
Day One: Purchasing and the Organisation
- Purchasing and its contribution to the organisation
- The Supply Chain
- The influence of the External Environment
- Purchasing Organisations
- The Procurement Cycle
- Critical Supply Strategies
Day Two: Supplier Management
- Transforming the Supplier Relationship
- Supplier Evaluation Criteria
- Appropriate Supplier Methodologies
- Total Cost Approach
- How to be a Good Customer
- Shrinking the Supplier Base
Day Three: Communication and Change
- Communication techniques of verbal, non-verbal and written
- Methods of communication lead to more productive work and minimize stress
- Communication and interaction openness develops trust
- Identification of interpersonal interaction methods
- Recognizing response to and perceptions of change
- Analysing and preparing for the human reaction to change.
Day Four: Negotiation Techniques
- Avoiding Confrontational Negotiating
- Developing Active Listening Skills
- Negotiating with an Angry Person
- Power Closes that are used on the Buyer
- Understanding the other Negotiator’s Power
- Negotiation Tactics and Countermeasures
Day Five: Managing Procurement Talent
- Attract And Retain Supply Management Talent
- Supplier Measurement
- Vendor Rating
- Action Planning