|MM118||24 - 26 Oct 2021||Abu Dhabi - UAE||3,500|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
Warehouses are often under-rated operations in organisations, yet they are essential in providing customer service and reducing costs. The purpose of this 3 day intensive PetroKnowledge training course is to show how to implement all of the essential tools for the effective management of warehousing in an oil and gas environment.
This Advanced Warehouse Management training course shows how to evaluate procedures, change and improve methods by eliminating wasteful activities and excess costs. It provides the practical skills to take back to the workplace so that all those internal problems that limit performance are avoided. The training course will allow delegates to obtain added value for money and to improve customer service.
Warehouses that operate to a high degree of efficiency deliver superior customer satisfaction and return on investment by working together with the other parts of the organisation’s supply chain.
The training course will highlight:
- Build and maintain best practices in a warehouse and stores department in an oil & gas environment
- Improved contractor/supplier relationships that bring higher performance
- Better knowledge of how warehousing can impact the organization’s finances
- Develop skills in warehouse professionals which will raise capability, skill and morale
- The methods of calculating capacities and throughputs
- Reduced total cost of materials & services
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will learn to:
- Identify Advanced best practices for warehouse professionals
- Think in terms of value added to customers and shareholders
- Integrate of the organization's planning with warehouse planning and scheduling
- Understand the importance of the role of the warehouse in a wider context of the overall success of the business
- Explore traditional versus innovative warehouse techniques
- Consider the customer relationship with marketing and production
Who is this Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge training course is designed for all those professionals who desire to learn practical technical and leadership warehouse operation management techniques that will assist them in setting personal and team leadership priorities and develop effective skills. The course is particularly appropriate for those who are responsible for managing warehouse activities who will be able to implement the techniques and practices learnt on the course.
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Senior technicians
- Warehouse professionals
- Procurement professionals
- Supply chain personnel
- Finance professionals
How will this Training Course be Presented?
Participants to this course will receive a thorough training on the subjects covered by the course outline with the Tutor utilising a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques. Training methodology include an interactive mixture of lecture by an experienced, expert practitioner, exercises, practice, review of published articles and group discussions covering current best practices and their relationship to the implementation of new concepts. Oil & Gas activities and work with practice regional case studies are used to deliberately highlight leadership concepts and allow participants to practise new skills.
Day One: The Role of the Advanced Oil & Gas Warehouse
- The balance between sorting and storing
- Warehouse logistics strategy
- What functions they cover
- How do warehouses fit into the supply chain
- Warehousing activities using oil & gas terminology
- Supply /demand variables
- ABC Analysis or the 80/20 rule
- Determining product handling groups
- Throughputs and product formats
- Dealing with the complexities of oil & gas warehousing.
Day Two: Layout Options
- Receiving options
- Storage options
- Picking/assembly options
- Despatching options
- Using the floor and the height space and organising for flow.
- Methods and Equipment - The lifting, storing and moving equipment available for specific layout options are examined, including:
- Warehouse structures
- Loading bays
- Selecting fork lift trucks
- Selecting racking
- Implications for warehouse layouts
- Operational timings and planning
- Bulk oil and gas storage.
Day Three: Productivity and Costs
- Fixed and variable costs
- Typical costs involved
- A model for understanding the roles of productivity, utilisation, and performance
- Setting productivity and cost targets
- Calculating capacities and throughputs
- Planning resources and processes
- The importance of having measurements and key indications of performance.
- Technology in the Warehouse
- Purchasing and warehousing
- Use of RFID in an advanced warehouse
- EDI, EPOS and JIT
- Productivity and performance measurement aligned to oil & gas
- Setting productivity and cost targets
- The importance of having measurements and key indications of performance
- Bar codes and scanners
- On successful completion of this training course, PetroKnowledge Certificate will be awarded to the delegates