We currently have no scheduled session for this Project & Construction Management Training Course. If you are interested in running this course, please contact our Training Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) status with the Project Management Institute (PMI®) enables PetroKnowledge to issue applicable professional development units to achieve and maintain PMI®’s professional credentials. Participants on this training course are entitled to receive 25 PDHs towards achieving or 25 PDUs towards maintaining PMI®’s professional credentials.
The PMI® Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Why Choose this Training Seminar?
Without the right projects and programmes to carry them out, most strategies will fail. The PMI®’s Pulse of the Profession 2013: The High Cost of Low Performance found that only 42% of organisations report high alignment of projects to organisational strategy. Executives need to decide which initiatives to launch, delay or shut down. PM’s must understand and develop project strategies to support the current business goals.
This Project Management training seminar examines why good strategies fail and barriers that impede the integration of initiatives into ‘business as usual’ (BAU). How projects can be ranked and compared, so that the high profile projects are planned, resourced, delivered and communicated appropriately, to ensure successful strategic delivery.
PMI® is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Training Objectives click here
What are the Goals?
Participants will develop the following competencies in understanding:
- What is a strategy, how to support it and why good strategies fail
- Generic project success factors
- Project Initiation and start up
- Planning communication of strategy and performance to stakeholders and teams
- Project Performance and Gateway reviews
Training Methods click here
How will this Training Seminar be Presented?
This project management training seminar will combine presentations with interactive practical exercises, supported by video materials, activities and case studies. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating the organisations’ vision, mission and strategy to the current and future projects undertaken, along with the principles of project management within the needs of their workplace.
Daily Agenda click here
Day One: Introduction
- What is an Organizational Strategy; Why good strategies fail
- What is a project? What is project management?
- Organizational Goals
- Organizational Change models
- Project/Programme & Portfolio Management
- Portfolio Management Characteristics, governance and opportunity assessment
Day Two: Project Initiation
- Portfolio Prioritization Criteria
- Initiating projects; Project selection; Selecting the right resources
- Project Mission
- Creating the project environment and rule sets
- Stakeholder management
- Leadership vs Management
- Portfolio Monitoring & Challenges
Day Three: Utilising & Optimising Resource
- The PMO
- Competency-Based Management; Knowledge and Experience Building
- Personality Qualities
- Generally Accepted PM Competencies; The PM’s Hard & Soft Skill’s Challenge
- Professional PM Development Program
- Resource management
Related Courses click here
- Construction Quality Control On Site
- World-Class Digital (Intelligent) Oilfields Implementation
- The 10-Day Advanced Project Economics & Risk Management for Oil & Gas Professionals
- Advanced Oil & Gas Project Economics, Risk & Decision Analysis
- The 10-Day Advanced Project Economics & Performance Management for Oil & Gas Professionals
- Advanced Managing Project Control
Project Management Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Fifth Edition, Project Management Institute, Inc. 2013
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.