|PM142||14 - 18 Oct 2018||Muscat - Oman||4,750|
|PM142||13 - 17 Oct 2019||Muscat - Oman||4,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
In today’s fast-paced world of project delivery, project controls are the support network that enable the project to truly deliver and deliver well. In this engaging and interactive competence-led project controls training course, we establish the need for project organisations to recognise the value provided by the essential support mechanism that is known as Project Shared Services or Project Controls. It’s already well known that in order for organisations to successfully achieve project objectives, the relevant project information must be imparted with accountability and any responsibilities made clear.
The core Project Controls disciplines are the root of this support and each will be comprehensively covered during this PetroKnowledge training course, which will feature:
- A sound foundation in Project Control tools and techniques
- Interactive exercises to reveal the mysteries of planning and control
- An introduction to the principles of project management techniques
- A good level of knowledge in relation to risk management and ownership
- A solid introduction to the supporting role that Project Controls plays in assisting delivery of projects, including planning and scheduling, teamwork, procurement, communications, document control, quality management, resource management, risk management, handover and review
Training Objectives click here
What are the Goals?
The aim of this PetroKnowledge training course is to provide a holistic overview of projects and the role that project controls play in supporting the project to be delivered successfully.
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the value of project control to project success and improve the project team's contribution to the project performance.
- Perform many of the key project control processes and techniques.
- Appreciate the integration of procurement with relation to budget and schedules on projects.
- Contribute to a positive culture for project controls in the project team
- Review effectiveness of measures for controlling risks.
Target Audience click here
Who is this Training Course for?
The target audience is employees with experience in engineering or projects who are either new to project control, or are being prepared for project control roles, or who require a refresher overview of project control principles.
This training course is particularly suitable for:
- Project and Discipline Engineers
- Planning Engineers
- Cost Engineers
- Quantity Surveyors
- Document Controllers
- To those who would like to learn how projects are planned and controlled in industry
Training Methods click here
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This PetroKnowledge training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes:
- Training provided via in an interactive format via facilitation and in-class learning sessions
- Consistent use of both individual and group exercises
- Good use of a case studies /scenario studies to reinforce learnings
- Glossary of relevant terms for Project Management provided and referred to throughout to ensure competency descriptors are understood
Daily Agenda click here
Day One: Defining How Project Controls Support Delivery of Projects
- Explore the fundamentals of projects and project management
- Understand how Project Controls best sits within a project organisation
- Learn about different organisation structures and how they can impact upon a project
- Define success criteria and KPI’s of your case-study project
- Familiarise yourself with the benefits of following a Project Life Cycle
- Recognise the need for a solid project Change Control process
Day Two: Project Management Integration
- Understand the benefits of using a project team approach
- Recognise how the project team can be evaluated and utilised to best advantage
- Learn the importance of communication and of consistent interactions with project personnel
- Identify who stakeholders are and how they may impact upon the project
- Understand the need to engage with the stakeholders and plan to manage them
- Discuss document control procedures and specifications
- Understand the importance of Information Management
Day Three: Preparation is Key
- Gain an understanding of project requirements & how to capture them
- Develop the work breakdown structures (WBS) and use with RAM and RACI tools
- Develop the project budget & a cost control process
- Understand the different estimation types and where they should best be applied
- Learn Critical Path & Schedule Development
- Understand the importance of Project cost management and cost control
- Know when we need to consider a Time-Cost-Scope trade-off
- Learn how to consider planning and scheduling with limited resources
Day Four: Recognise that Projects can be Impacted Upon
- Gain an understanding of Project procurement & sub-contractor management
- Find out about contract types according to risk distribution
- Find out how subcontract management relates to other disciplines
- Learn how subcontract management is best managed
- Learn about Project Risk and Contingency Analysis
- Understand how Risk Mitigation can save the project from potential failure
- Learn about Project control reporting
Day Five: Planning for Success
- Understand about project quality management and the different quality tools
- Learn the importance of good Job-Site management in the workplace
- Develop your skills in relation to Project Cost and Schedule Recovery Techniques
- Prepare for a good project handover
- Understand what’s involved in project closure
- Learn about project lessons learned – how they should be captured and how to use them for best practice
Accreditation click here
The Registered Education Provider (R.E.P. ID:4349) status with the Project Management Institute (PMI®) enables PetroKnowledge to issue applicable Professional Development Hours/Units (PDHs/PDUs) to participants on this training course, to help you achieve or maintain PMI® professional credentials.
The PMI® Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Related Courses click here
- Advanced Managing Project Control
- Managing Project Control
- Project Risk Management Workshop for Project Professionals
- Risk Management Professional
- Developing Project Strategy in the Oil & Gas Industry
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.