|MG205||16 - 20 Dec 2018||Dubai - UAE||4,750|
|MG205||15 - 19 Dec 2019||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
This PetroKnowledge Benchmarking for Performance Improvement in the Oil & Gas Industry training course will help you to understand what Benchmarking is, how it is relevant to the Oil & Gas Industry, and how to apply it at the local, Departmental or organizational level, in pursuit of business objectives. By attending the training course, you will be able to help design and operate an effective Benchmarking process and function that cost effectively adds value to your organization, improves performance, and provides a necessary safeguard against established practices and complacency.
During the training course, you will learn about common shortfalls and inadequacies in Benchmarking practice, why these occur, and how to avoid them. You will also have the chance to learn from case studies in the Oil & Gas industry, and outside, that show good, and not so good, practice. This course will enable you to gain insight and confidence in an approach that has often been misrepresented and misapplied, but which, if applied coherently and rigorously, can contribute extensively to performance and competitiveness across the Oil & Gas industries.
This PetroKnowledge training course will highlight:
- The origins of Benchmarking, and the place, and contribution, of Benchmarking in the Oil & Gas Industry, and within the business
- Common types of benchmarking, and how to undertake a Benchmarking study in Oil & Gas; what to do & not to do, and why.
- How to organize for successful Benchmarking; who should do what, when and how
- How Benchmarking fits in with other management activities and initiatives
- Good and bad practices in Benchmarking, conflicting approaches and objectives, and ‘sticking to the knitting’
Training Objectives click here
What are the Goals?
By the end of this PetroKnowledge training course, you will be able to:
- Determine where, when and how to apply Benchmarking in an Oil & Gas setting
- Apply Benchmarking in pursuit of management priorities
- Identify & transfer best practices from within & outside the industry
- Avoid common errors in Benchmarking
- Guide organizational infrastructure & deployment
Target Audience click here
Who is this Training Course for?
Managers, supervisors and engineers at all levels will find the course useful. Extensive prior knowledge of the subject is not a prerequisite. You will be guided by an experienced professional who has both conducted Benchmarking projects, and helped companies to enhance their Benchmarking activities and associated systems.
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Experienced Benchmarking Managers & Practitioners requiring a refresher on recent developments
- Change, Transformation & Organisational Development Managers
- Excellence, Quality & Risk Professionals
- Project and Program Managers
- All other Managers
- Engineers and Supervisors with specific responsibilities for change
Training Methods click here
How will this Training Course be Presented?
The training course combines plenary presentation with facilitated discussion, interactive practical exercises, small-group activities and practical written and video case studies. A key element in this process is to learn from each other’s ideas, so all contributions are valued. We utilise real business case studies to show how the ideas we present have been applied in a “real world” environment, and build on each previous session by utilising the learning points gained in a logical sequential approach.
Organisational Impact click here
Attendees can take the approach and tools back to their organisations and make an immediate positive impact on activities & objectives.
- The course will provide a catalyst for both process and cultural change
- The knowledge & skills obtained will enable effective learning from superior performing organisations
- The gains made will not involve excessive capital expenditure
- They will deliver significant and cost-effective results and improvements
- They will improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the team
- They will drive improvement across the organization
Personal Impact click here
In the training course, participants will be exposed to a range of Best Practice and widely recognized Benchmarking techniques from across, and outside, the Oil & Gas industry.
- This will enhance their knowledge, competence and employability
- Enable them to identify and assess best practices
- Help develop a ‘critical eye’ and challenge in relation to established practice
- Create a basis for identification of business opportunities
- Enhance their confidence
- Provide a basis for further learning and personal development
Daily Agenda click here
Day One: Performance Improvement & Benchmarking in Oil & Gas
- Why it is necessary in the Oil & Gas Industry, & What it Requires
- Effective implementation of Continuous Improvement
- The Contribution from Benchmarking
- Defining What Is, and What is not, Benchmarking in Oil & Gas
- Origins & Types of Benchmarking
- The contributions of Xerox to Benchmarking practice
Day Two: The Benchmarking Process
- Identifying appropriate information sources within & outside the industry
- The phases of Benchmarking
- Selecting the Benchmarking topic; core business or support processes
- Benchmarking Visits in Oil & Gas
- NCR Case study
- The Xerox 10 Step Benchmarking Process
- Keeping it legal
Day Three: The Relationship Between Benchmarking and Management
- Managing the Benchmarking process
- Managing Benchmarking partners
- Oil industry consortium, and the role of third parties
- Benchmarking within good management
- Link to ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO45001 etc.
- Benchmarking within organizational excellence
Day Four: Applying the Concepts
- Planning a Benchmarking study in Oil & Gas
- Looking for sources of best practice from within, and without, the industry
- Efficiently accessing these
- Conducting desk research and site visits
- Assessing the Outcomes
- Presenting Your Findings
Day Five: Building -in Benchmarking
- Normalizing & Routinizing Benchmarking in Oil & Gas
- The case for developing a Benchmarking Function, or Internal Benchmarking service
- Benchmarking Benchmarking
- Developing & Implementing a Plan
Related Courses click here
- Key Performance Indicators and Optimisation Workshop
- Operational Excellence
- Certificate in Strategic Management in the Oil & Gas Business
- Leadership & Strategic Thinking in the Oil, Gas & Petrochemicals Industry
- Strategic Management in Upstream Oil and Gas
- Strategic Planning and Execution