|OG183||29 Dec 2019 - 02 Jan 2020||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
Oil and gas production in the form of accurate measurement and back-allocating volumes to the wells, efficient production deferment tracking and enhanced integrated production planning process poses a challenge to proper management of an oilfield asset.
In the oilfield, it is a routine practice to carry out these activities (consciously or otherwise) without recognizing and adhering to best practice. Case study indicates that inaccurate measurements of crude oil & gas production represents about 10% revenue lose to an asset with attendant legal consequences or confidence impact in some instance.
Other identified challenges associated with poor management of crude oil production include;
- Weak deferment administration process
- Inefficient metering system
- Poor allocation and reconciliation processes.
This naturally cascade into unreliable business planning cycles and field reserve estimation. This training will go steps further to highlight current best industry practice with field experience including challenges and how to mitigate identified challenges. This Best Practices course will further show how an integrated production operations approach is applied in addressing these challenges including custody transfer and other terminal nodes.
This training course will feature:
- Overview of Surface Production Operations
- Metering Systems
- Production Deferment Administration
- Production Allocation & Reconciliation
- Integrated Production/Injection Plan
What are the Goals?
The goal of this PetroKnowledge course will focus on the following objectives:
- Understand the challenges associated with production operations management
- Highlight best practice in metering, deferment administration and planning
- Generate strategy to meet the business-driver in an asset using case study
- Provide appropriate improvement process
By the end of this training course, you will learn to:
- Manage an operating asset with best-in-class practice initiative
- Understand the best management approach peculiar to your asset
- Recognize what to watch for in production operations practice
- Develop asset-specific integrated production plan
- Develop asset specific metering and deferment framework
Who is this Training Course for?
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Production Operators
- Field Production Personnel / Supervisors / Superintendents
- Production Engineers
- Asset Managers and Senior Managers
- Asset Support Engineers
- Process Engineers
- Reservoir Engineers
- Planning Engineers
- Production Accountants/Engineers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This PetroKnowledge training course will be in a workshop format with strong emphasis on industry best practice alongside an interactive approach from all participants.
Day One: Overview of Surface Production Operations
- Introduction to Surface Production Operations
- Tools Supporting Operations Management
- Overview of Well, Reservoir & Facility Management (WRFM) process
- Metering Systems
- Operations Integration
Day Two: Production Deferment Administration
- General Principles of Deferment Administration
- Deferment Coding
- Roles & Responsibilities
- HCA Applications
Day Three: Production Allocation & Reconciliation
- Principles of Production Allocation & Reconciliation
- Domain Experts & Required Technology
- Populating and verification/validating process of data
- Allocation & Reconciliation
- Standard HCA Business Workflow
Day Four: Integrated Production/Injection Planning
- General Principles of Activity Planning
- Overview of Water-Injection System
- Business Objective for Integrated Production Planning
- Common Tools Required
- Challenges in Integrated Production Plan
- Integrated Production Plan Workflow
- Strategy in Generating Robust Plan linked to the Business
Day Five: Performance Review
- Case Study
- General Course Review
- Assessment of Participants
- Closing Remarks
- Oil & Gas Exploration and Production
- Production Technology
- Subsurface Production Operations and Artificial Lift Technologies