|OG260||02 - 06 Aug 2020||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
Cementing is the most critical operation for well integrity and zonal isolation. This PetroKnowledge training course will provide engineers and field supervisors with an in-depth knowledge of cementing fluid design and selection, cement placement and mud removal, strategies to prevent gas migration, HPHT, horizontal well and Deepwater cementing, long term zonal isolation and cement evaluation, as well as remedial cementing techniques.
This PetroKnowledge training course will highlight:
- Cement and cementing additive selection
- Laboratory testing
- Cement placement
- Gas migration
- Deepwater / HPHT & Horizontal well cementing
- Long term cement zonal isolation
- Remedial Cementing: Plug & Squeeze
- Cement evaluation
What are the Goals?
By the end of this PetroKnowledge training course, participants will learn to:
- Identify cementing slurry properties, understand the role of cementing additives, how they work in the slurry and be able to select the correct additives to achieve desired slurry properties.
- Identify cementing laboratory equipment and API/ISO laboratory test performed for oil well cementing.
- Understand flow regimes and strategies to achieve mud removal and good cement placement.
- Identify the causes for gas or fluid migration during cementing and techniques to prevent gas migration.
- Be able to apply cementing best practices for challenging conditions such as Deepwater, HPHT and horizontal wells.
- Understand the principles of cement mechanical properties and select cementing material able to withstand pressure and thermal cycles during the life of the well.
- Identify the different methods used to evaluate cement isolation and be able to interpret cement bond logs
Who is this Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Drilling Engineers
- Completion Engineers
- Well Site Leaders
- Well Site Superintendents
- Service Company Technical Personnel
- Operations Professionals
- Field Management Personnel
How will this Training Course be Presented?
Participants to this PetroKnowledge training course will receive a thorough training on the subjects covered by the seminar outline with the Tutor utilising a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques. Seminar methodology includes classroom presentations, video illustrating testing methods, hands-on exercises and calculations and group workshops.
Cementing zonal isolation is critical for the safety of the well and to achieve well production targets, companies attending this PetroKnowledge training course will be able to:
- Dramatically reduce the risk of cementing failure due to poor cementing practices
- Provide assurance that the cement job has been planned and executed according to industry standards and best practices
- Engage technically to come up with cost effective cementing formulations and reduce overall well costs
- Evaluate the result of a cement job and make the right choices in terms of possible remedial
- Increase well life and production with the selection of fit for purpose cements for long term zonal isolation
Personnel attending this PetroKnowledge training course will gain and enhance knowledge in a highly technical field of expertise and become valuable assets for their organizations by:
- Getting an in-depth knowledge of cement and cementing additive chemistry
- Be able to share their knowledge and develop cementing best practices
- Becoming a better team player in an integrated wells team
- Be confident with cementing job planning & design and cement job evaluation
- Identifying opportunities for improvement for well integrity and zonal isolation
- Identifying opportunities for improvement for of cost efficiencies
Day One: Cementing Principles & Cementing Chemistry
- Introduction to Primary & Remedial Cementing
- Objectives of Cementing
- Cementing Slurry Properties
- Cementing Additive Selection
Day Two: Cement Testing & Cement Placement
- Laboratory Equipment Overview
- API / ISO Testing Procedures
- Rheology Fundamentals & Flow regimes
- Cementing spacers & Fluid Compatibility
- Centralization & Pipe movement
- Cement Placement Simulators
Day Three: Gas Migration & Cement Long Term Isolation
- Theory of Gas Migration
- Properties of Cement to Prevent Gas Migration
- Cement Mechanical Properties
- Cement Integrity Simulators
Day Four: Cementing for Challenging Well Conditions
- HPHT Cementing
- Horizontal Well Cementing
- Deepwater Cementing
- Loss Circulation while Cementing
Day Five: Cement Evaluation & Remedial Cementing
- Cement Job QA/QC
- Top of Cement Evaluation
- Cement Bond Log Interpretation
- Plug Cementing
- Squeeze Cementing