|PM118||16 - 20 Dec 2018||Abu Dhabi - UAE||4,750|
|PM118||24 - 28 Mar 2019||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
Reinforced concrete structures are widely used in industrial sector, especially in the onshore oil and gas fields. In industrial projects, the structure design applications are different than normal housing projects taught in educational/engineering institutions. This course will fill the gap between the academic knowledge and the professionalism for industrial project design in general, and specifically for oil & gas and power generation projects.
The basis of design for concrete structure for strength, serviceability and robustness is considered in the course. ACI, Eurocodes, UBC and ASCE codes will also be covered to enable the participants choose suitable design method to serve business safety and operability. The probability of failure, specifically in ACI and Eurocodes, will be discussed and the key steps in design and review design will be illustrated.
This PetroKnowledge training course on Concrete Structure Designing for Industrial Projects will feature:
- Review of different codes and standards
- The importance of construction and maintenance
- The dynamic analysis and design for concrete in the industrial plant
- Industry practice in the structure design
- Integration between different disciplines in designing
- Effect of sustainable design to enhance project investment lifecycle
Training Objectives click here
What are the Goals?
This PetroKnowledge training course is intended to provide the participants with:
- An overview of modern and effective procedures for the design of reinforced concrete structures in the oil & gas industry
- Knowledge on calculation for reinforced concrete elements used in the oil & gas industry
- Increase the knowledge and assist in using new tools for designing and reviewing the design for new project or modify the existing one
- Knowledge on the design of foundation under all types of vibrating equipment, and the blast design of buildings
- An illustration of real design issues that may assist the designer to provide concrete structure that is safe, economical and constructible
- The rule of thumb to check the concrete design with associated check list
Target Audience click here
Who is this Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge training course is intended to provide professionals and engineers to be familiar with American Concrete Institute Standard (ACI) and Eurocodes for concrete structure designing.
The training course on Concrete Structure Designing for Industrial Projects will also be beneficial for junior or senior level civil and structure engineers who need to have in-depth knowledge about the structural engineering activities and how to co-operate in the design phase.
Training Methods click here
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This PetroKnowledge training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. The daily workshops will be highly interactive and participative. Videos and photos will be used for illustration.
Daily Agenda click here
- The fundamentals of concrete technology
- Basic concept of concrete design
- Main features for ACI and European Standard EN for concrete design
- Effects of different loads on the building
- Earthquake, wind load effect
- Loads affect pipe rack, static equipment and tanks foundations
- Principal, limitations for different codes in concrete (ACI codes, European Code)
- Codes and standards Philosophy
- Principal of concrete design and precaution
- Different structure systems
- Different slab types
- The way to use the suitable structure system
- Loads applied in horizontal vessel (Separators)
- Design of vessel foundation including horizontal and vertical types
- Loads applied in heaters
- Design of heater foundations
- Ring beam design for circular tank
- Pipeline support design
- Checklist to review the design
- Soil investigation
- Shallow foundation design philosophy & design
- Pile foundation design philosophy & design
- Anchor bolt design
- Foundation under machines design static & dynamic
- Checklist to review foundation under rotating equipment
- Precaution in design foundation under vibrating machines
- Design of slab, beam and columns
- Design blast resistance building such as control room
- Control room layout and configuration
- Pipe rack configuration
- Pipe rack foundation design
- Retaining walls design
- Load and force in retaining walls
- Retaining walls design checks
- Design for reinforced concrete liquid tanks including different types (underground, ground and elevated) tanks
- Structure system for concrete tanks
- Circular and rectangular tank
- Design of foundation under tower
- Maintenance and repair in concrete structure
- Integrity and maintenance management system principle
Related Courses click here
- Concrete Quality Control on Hot Climate
- Corrosion and Concrete Protection
- Construction Supervision Skills
- Construction Quality Control On Site
- Building Finishes and Rehabilitation Works
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.