|HS142||09 - 13 Dec 2018||Dubai - UAE||4,750|
|HS142||16 - 20 Jun 2019||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
The sites or yards where offshore oil and gas facilities such as modules and platforms, and onshore petrochemical plant are fabricated and constructed involve activities with high hazards such as working at height, confined space entry, rigging and lifting, hot work to name but a few. Moreover these and other hazards vary in nature and scale and in the ways they are performed and controlled according to the respective construction site’s specific standards and practices.
Therefore, for personnel mobilized to and temporarily working in these sites, it is important that they have a sound knowledge and awareness of the hazards and essential safeguards and controls to ensure they can not only stay safe but help those around them to stay safe too. This applies both to seasoned field personnel who from time to time move to different sites and to personnel with minimal previous construction site experience.
This PetroKnowledge training course will give or expand delegates’ awareness and knowledge of the nature and types of hazardous activities, safeguards and controls that should be in place in major facilities, construction sites or yards.
This PetroKnowledge training course will cover:
- Overview of construction site hazards and risks
- Hazardous work activities (one by one) and controls
- Control of work
- Safety programs
Training Objectives click here
What are the Goals?
This PetroKnowledge training course is intended to give delegates the ability to:
- Improve and enhance their understanding of hazardous work activities in construction sites
- Learn the essential controls and safeguards for each specific hazardous work activity
- Learn the principles for the safe control of work
- Understand safety program initiatives and examples
By the end of this training course, delegates will learn to:
- Be conversant with the essential controls and safeguards to be applied for hazardous work
- Recognize unsafe acts or conditions in construction work activities and be pro-active in their correction
- Promote and actively participate in safety programs at construction sites
Target Audience click here
Who is this Training Course for?
This training course is directed towards staff within an organization that are mobilized to, or frequent visitors to an operator’s or contractor’s construction or fabrication site or yard. It is also directed towards non-site-based employees of organizations that have their own construction sites or yards, or their new hires, and supplier or service company personnel deployed to or attending a customer’s site or yard.
This PetroKnowledge training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals across an organization, but will be particularly beneficial to:
- Construction supervisory or inspection personnel
- Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality
- Operations and Projects managers, leaders and supervisors
- Field engineers, surveyors or inspectors
- Support department personnel including but not limited to, Engineering, Procurement, Contracting, Controls, Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality
- Commissioning personnel
Training Methods click here
How will this Training Course be presented?
Participants to this training course will receive a thorough training on the subjects covered by the seminar outline with the Tutor utilizing a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques. Course methodology includes, Class lectures using visual aids with instructor-guiding delegates to take part in discussions, questions, and sharing their experience; Workshops with Team exercises to develop and consolidate delegates’ understanding of the presented topics.
Organisational Impact click here
When an organization deploys personnel into a contractor’s site or yard, it needs to ensure that such personnel will know how to act safely and recognize whether an appropriately safe environment is maintained around them for their work.
Therefore it is important such personnel are well equipped in the knowledge and understanding for the hazardous activities they are exposed to.
An organization’s employees will gain enhanced knowledge to improve:
- Their understanding of hazardous work activities in construction sites
- Recognition of the essential controls and safeguards to be applied for each specific hazardous work activity
- Observing the principles and the requirements for the safe control of work
- Identifying unsafe acts or conditions in construction work activities and being pro-active in their correction
- Understanding, promoting and actively participating in safety programs at construction sites
- Safety awareness of personnel to be deployed to future sites
Personal Impact click here
Delegates will be able to gain or improve their knowledge and recognition of hazards, essential safeguards and controls for hazardous work activities in construction sites or yards including;
- Greater confidence and assurance when exposed to hazardous work activities
- Identification of unsafe acts and conditions and taking or communicating actions
- Greater awareness how to keep themselves and work colleagues safe
- Added ability to promote and participate in safety initiatives
- Provide improved feedback to their organization on the safety conditions at a site or yard
- Be recognized by their employer for their enhanced safety knowledge and understanding for future site deployments
Daily Agenda click here
Day One: Overview of Construction Hazards & Risks
- Hazard awareness
- Site Inductions
- Unsafe acts and unsafe conditions
- Top ten hazards
Day Two: Hazardous Work Activities & Controls
- Working at Height and Fall prevention
- Hot work
- Rigging and lifting
- Hand and power tools
- Heat Stress
Day Three: Hazardous Work Activities & Controls (Continued)
- Confined Space Entry
- Mobile Equipment
- Pressure testing
- Energy Isolation
Day Four: Control of Work
- Job Safety Analysis
- Permit to Work
- Emergency Response
Day Five: Safety Programs
- Observations and Interventions
- Hazard communication
- Tool Box Talks
- Management walkabouts
- Campaigns and Initiatives
Related Courses click here
- LNG Plant Safety
- Advanced Safety Leadership
- Gas Explosion and Other Hazards of LNG Facilities
- OSHA: Occupational Safety & Health Administration Standards
- Construction Quality Control On Site
- Concrete Structure Designing for Industrial Projects
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.