|PM122||16 - 20 Sep 2018||Dubai - UAE||4,750|
|PM122||15 - 19 Sep 2019||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
Construction supervision is the culmination of events in a project’s lifecycle which encompasses feasibility, preliminary design, advanced design, procurement and construction. This training course will feature the importance and relevance of efficient and practical strategies necessary to achieve competency for professionals involved in Construction Supervision.
For the successful delivery of projects, supervision teams have to understand the managerial and supervision skills, in addition to their technical knowledge, that they need to have. Construction job sites have to be managed and supervised well and risk free to ensure the likelihood of project success. There is potentially high risk and impact if it is not managed and supervised effectively.
This training course will feature:
- Practice in Construction project management techniques
- Collaboration and coordination strategies
- Understand crucial issues affecting project and site performance
- Methods to meet deadlines and how to multitask at site
- Innovative construction site supervision techniques to achieve project success
- Managing complex and challenging changes, claims and disputes
Training Objectives click here
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Assess and control work methods, resources and systems to meet site work requirements
- Contribute to controlling work quality, progress and cost at Construction Site
- Develop productive working relationships, manage changes, claims and resolve disputes
- Learn cost control and progress payment administration
- Lead project meetings and manage the performance of teams and individuals
Target Audience click here
Who is this Training Course for?
The PetroKnowledge training course is designed for persons who desire to learn practical site management techniques that will assist them in completing work tasks, managing and matching key site stakeholders’ expectations, establishing and maintaining priorities and meeting deadlines for work and projects.
This training course is suitable to a wide range of Construction Project Management professionals but will greatly benefit:
- New Construction Project Professionals
- Site Engineers
- Site Superintendents
- Construction Managers
- Cost Engineers
Training Methods click here
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will utilise a variety of proven adult training techniques such as group discussions and team exercises to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes discussion of the goals of each participant to ensure their needs are fulfilled, as far as possible. Questions are encouraged throughout which provides opportunities for participants to discuss specific issues and, if possible, find appropriate solutions.
Daily Agenda click here
Day One: Organization, Health and Safety
Competency Description: As a construction professional you are a key operational role in the organization and you need to gain an understanding of the impact you have.
- Key organization, leading and management principles
- Know Contracts and able to apply them constructively
- Apply and reinforce safety, health, environment and sustainability requirements consistently
- Know site equipment management issues
Topics to be covered
- The participants: Owner, Contractor and subcontractors
- Clear characteristics of roles and responsibilities
- Contractual Issues and exposures in construction projects
- Basic Safety Rules and Compliance, Jobsite Conditions and Hazards
- Construction Equipment Safety
- Health, Safety, Environment and Sustainability Compliance and Management
Day Two: Navigating, Coordinating and Harmonizing with Key Site Players
Competency Description: Construction site professionals are constantly subjected to daily site problems, both from above, below and from those around you. It’s essential that you have a good understanding of the principles involved with problem solving, communications and navigating with the right layers for support to ensure effective site coordination and collaboration.
- Recognize key project and site players
- Know how to manage temporary site services and confine spaces
- Leading, Managing and Delegation skills
- Team development
Topics to be covered
- Employer, Consultants, Contractors, Subcontractors coordination
- Kick-off Meeting
- Owner and Contractor's Meetings
- Temporary buildings, utilities, services and confined spaces
- Security and Hazard control
- Team phases, development and harmonization – managing and matching expectations
Day Three: Planning, Scheduling and Resources Commitment at Site
Competency Description: Planning is an important managerial and supervision skill, from project initiation to top-down, to help you persuade and influence. Scheduling and harmonizing the right resources commitment is an essential competency.
- Developing schedules and resources loading
- Improving sequence and logic in scheduling and resourcing
- Understanding deliverables and work packages
Topics to be covered
- Master Schedule (Baseline): Bar chart, Network logic, Line-of-Balance
- Critical Scheduling instruments, tools and techniques
- Communicating and Updating Schedules
- Information Gathering and Feeding back
- Scheduling and Resourcing issues, challenges and way forward
Day Four: Progress Control, Monitoring and Reporting
Competency Description: Construction site professionals need to develop and enhance their Progress Control, Monitoring and Reporting skill set.
- Understand the essentials of effective control, monitoring and progress reporting
- Quantitatively and Quantitatively rationalize and justify risk and impact on project performance
- Develop cash flow diagrams
- Interpret and evaluate performance KPIs
Topics to be covered
- Managing anticipated and unanticipated risk at site
- Factors Impacting Progress and Performance KPIs
- Tracking and evaluating Time, Cost and Quality
- Site Compliance and Corrective Action
- Project Cash flow and progress payment
Day Five: Changes, Claims, Counter Claims and Dispute Resolution
Competency Description: As a construction professional you will be involved in dealing with multiple Changes, Claims, Counter Claims and Disputes with various construction parties.
- Understanding what causes Changes and subsequent Disputes
- Managing multiple Disputes with various construction parties
- Applying the right Dispute Resolution techniques or Alternative Dispute Resolution tools and techniques
- Effective negotiator in Complex Claims, Counter Claims and Disputes
Topics to be covered
- Causes of Change and how to effectively manage Changes
- Claims, Counter Claims and Disputes
- Negotiation Strategies to manage multiple Claims and Disputes
- Complex Changes, Claims and Disputes management
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Tools and Techniques (Mediation and Arbitration)
Accreditation click here
The Registered Education Provider (R.E.P. ID:4349) status with the Project Management Institute (PMI®) enables PetroKnowledge to issue applicable Professional Development Hours/Units (PDHs/PDUs) to participants on this training course, to help you achieve or maintain PMI® professional credentials.
The PMI® Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Related Courses click here
- Construction Quality Control On Site
- Advanced Materials & Technology in Concrete Industry
- Concrete Quality Control on Hot Climate
- Concrete Structure Designing for Industrial Projects
- Structural Renovation of Buildings
Project Management Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Fifth Edition, Project Management Institute, Inc. 2013
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.