|ME176||08 - 12 Sep 2019||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
Most difficult issues regarding the upstream oil industry are data management, quantifying uncertainty in the subsurface, and risk assessment of strategies for field engineering and development. Oil and Gas industry is now in the sea of data, where the Big data is collected from virtually every sensor imaginable, and this data can provide us with the ways and means to go above and beyond old school of traditional deterministic and interpretive studies.
In the Big Data era, the clustering techniques, neural networks, fuzzy-logics, genetic algorithms and other heuristics are becoming the new norm for data driven modeling of all the elements of the upstream oil and gas industry.
This PetroKnowledge training course will highlight:
- Data Management and Data Mining with the focus on reservoir modeling and drilling operations
- Data analysis techniques that provide descriptive and predictive models
- How to complement conventional petroleum engineering analysis with the Big Data Analytics
- How can Big Data, IoT and Blockchain influence the Oil and Gas Industry?
- Business cases to illustrate the applications of the concepts presented in the course
Training Objectives click here
What are the Goals?
By the end of this PetroKnowledge training course, participants will learn to:
- Perform the data mining and the fusion of data
- Understand how to implement the Big Data Analytics to improve drilling processes
- Appreciate Artificial neural network and its geoscience applications
- Implement data management and data analytics for intelligent reservoir characterization
- Effectively perform data analysis for production forecasting
- Implement Blockchain models for Risk Management and production optimization
Target Audience click here
Who is this Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge training course is designed for all professionals working in the field of data analysis, oil and gas exploration, geology and reservoir modelling.
It is also quite beneficial for other people involved in the upstream oil production as it shows the interdependence of the data between the departments.
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Reservoir Engineers
- Petroleum Engineers
- Risk Managers
- Drilling managers
- Field service and related operations
- Business Unit Heads
- Data and Business Analysts
- Data Mining/Data Managers/Data Scientists
Training Methods click here
How will this Training Course be Presented?
Participants to this PetroKnowledge training course will receive a thorough training on the subjects covered by the course outline with the Tutor utilizing a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques. Course methodology includes presentation of theoretical concepts, video lectures, example case studies and many exercises that will be done through the guided work of the delegates themselves.
The delegates will perform step-by-step analytics on a example cases.
Organisational Impact click here
The organizations that managed to implement the IoT, Big Data and Blockchain to its full potential are showing the rest of the world how the proper application of these systems, techniques and methods can exponentially improve their performance and increase the profits. With the advances in information processing companies are able to further extend the boundaries and complexities of the problems they are solving, however, without the proper knowledge of their employees of the tools and techniques used, this can become a quite cumbersome task.
This PetroKnowledge training course is designed to help organizations adequately train their people in understanding and applying the methods of Big Data Analysis, IoT and Blockchain in the oil and gas production.
Personal Impact click here
The participants will acquire the knowledge needed to harness the power of Big Data analytics and improve on their own performance. In terms of carrier growth, as the algorithms and computations become more complex and with more insight, the knowledge of the subjects presented in the course will become the main evaluation elements for employment and promotion within their field.
Daily Agenda click here
Day One: Mining and Fusion of Data
- Instrumented oil fields
- Current situation in the upstream data analysis
- The SEMMA process- Sampling, Exploring, Modifying, Modeling, and Assessing
- Oilfield Data Management
- Oilfield Exploration Analysis
- Oilfield Appraisal Management
Day Two: Big Data Analytics
- Pattern recognition
- Quantification of data uncertainty and prediction error and confidence interval
- Data repositories in upstream oil and gas
- Exercise: Production Data Quality Control Framework
Day Three: Introduction to IoT and Blockchain
- IoT revolution
- IoT application in oil and gas fields
- Smart sensors for smart oilfields
- Blockchain basics
- Blockchain and Byzantine general problem in Risk Management
Day Four: Production Forecasting
- Aggregate, analyze, and forecast production from wells and reservoirs
- Analytical workflows for a decline curve analysis
- Reserves values estimation at P90, P50, P10
- Well clustering and appraisal of wells representation
- Exercise: Oil well reserves forecasting
Day Five: Production Optimization
- Intelligent Reservoir Modeling Workflow
- Travel time (DT) prediction
- Gamma ray (GR) prediction
- Density (RHOB) prediction
- Hierarchical Clustering
- Exercise: Big Data Workflows definition for drilling optimization
Related Courses click here
- Infographics & Data Analytics for Oil & Gas Reporting
- Data Analysis Techniques
- Advanced Data Analysis Techniques