We currently have no scheduled session for this Health, Safety, Security & Environment Training Course. If you are interested in running this course, please contact our Training Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Choose this Training Course?
Disasters effects can erode years of development gains at different levels. If not addressed they can render organizations, communities and families dysfunctional. With increasing magnitude and impacts of disasters due to factors that include climate change, rapid urbanization and other human causes, disaster risk management should be deeply embedded in organizational culture and structures.
This Petroknowledge training course explores disaster risk management concepts and practices using practical examples at international up to family level. It will provide you and your organization not only with a solid theoretical and conceptual understanding of DRM, but also takes you through the practical application of the concept and practices in different settings.Develop a critical capacity to evaluate the principles and practices of disaster risk reduction and management; Develop a deep understanding of disaster resilience, risk mitigation, and recovery policies as they arise from natural hazards around the globe; Develop the capacity to participate in debates on disaster governance and societal reconstruction.
Training Objectives click here
What are the Goals?
The overall aim of the course is to introduce and explain the causes, impact and management of disasters, factors shaping risk and vulnerability to disasters, the capacities of different actors, and approaches to disaster risk management.
By the end of the module students will have acquired knowledge and understanding of:
- What disasters are and how they are caused
- Socio-economic vulnerability and its significance in the disaster context
- Approaches to disaster risk management and factors influencing their effectiveness
This knowledge and understanding should enable them to function more effectively within or alongside organisations engaged in disaster risk reduction and management initiatives
Target Audience click here
Who is this Training Course for?
The target audience are practitioners and people who want to develop a career in disaster risk management at national and international level and will greatly benefit;
- Disaster risk management professionals
- Development practitioners
- Government officials
- Researchers and specialists of training and academic institutions,
- NGO representatives,
- Humanitarian and community leaders, who are interested in acquiring the fundamental knowledge of DRM and linkages to sustainable development challenges.
Daily Agenda click here
- Understanding of the roles of the various phases of disaster management and issues concerning planning and policies in those phases.
- Understanding of comprehensive emergency management from a planning and policy perspective
- Understanding of the role of federal, state, and local governments in disaster planning and policies.
- Knowledge of mitigation planning and policy strategies.
- Understanding of comprehensive emergency management and related plans
- Understanding of factors affecting short and long-term recovery and rebuilding and the role of planners and policy-makers.
- Understanding of the factors that give rise to disaster vulnerabilities (e.g. natural, physical, social, economic, policies, and governance).
- Understanding of the factors that give rise to differential vulnerabilities and levels of community resilience
- Knowledge and capabilities to assess and manage these vulnerabilities through disaster planning and policy-making.
- Data, methods, tools, and geospatial techniques (including GIS) that can enhance vulnerability assessments and knowledge building.
- Competencies to utilize mapping in mitigation planning and response operations
Related Courses click here
- Crisis Management & Emergency Response for the Oil and Gas Industry
- Advanced Safety Leadership
- Storage & Handling of Toxic Chemicals & Hazardous Materials
- Advanced Accident Investigation and Reporting
- Hazardous Waste Management and Pollution
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.