|MG184q||09 - 13 Jul 2018||Paris - France||4,950|
|MG184q||09 - 13 Sep 2018||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
|MG184q||18 - 22 Mar 2019||Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia||5,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
This training course has been developed for the Shift Team Leader working in the hazardous E&P oil, gas and petrochemical industries. Shift Team Leaders play a vital and integral part of the whole operation providing the balance between direct management and the remaining workforce. To ensure that operations run smoothly 24/7, throughout the year, the operational importance of this critical role should not be underestimated. Personnel undertaking this role need to be developed correctly to ensure that they are equipped with the right skills, competencies and knowledge to make a difference.
On this PetroKnowledge training course, delegates will learn about the importance of their role, how to manage and lead others, problem solve, allocate resources effectively, lead and manage their teams as well as develop team members to achieve their best performance. The training course will be conducted in two parts, with the first three-days focusing on the theory as well as workplace aspects, with the last two-days utilising leading experiential techniques to ensure practical and real learning is put into practice. In addition, the delegates will undergo two psychometric profiling assessments to further enhance their development and understanding. This course is essential development for any Shift Team Leader in the industry.
This training course will feature:
- The importance of the Team Leader role for organizational success
- Your own self-awareness to manage yourself and others
- The analysing of risks and problems and providing effective decisions
- How to manage people through excellent interpersonal skills and communication techniques
- Methods developing increased performance management
- Developing people and increasing your team performance
Training Objectives click here
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will have learnt and experienced practical applications of:
- Understanding your self-awareness, as well as your role in the organisation and management style in order to effectively apply self-management.
- Defining effective problem solving, risk identification and analysis within your working environment
- Applying powerful interpersonal techniques to improve communication and manage others effectively
- Applying development, coaching and feedback techniques to increase optimum people performance management
- Improve team cohesion and impact on production through your management and actions
Target Audience click here
Who is this Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge course is suitable for a wide range of professionals working in the E&P oil, gas, and petrochemical industries but will greatly benefit Site/refinery/process/platform based:
- Shift Team Leaders
- Team Leaders
- Newly promoted, or identified future Team Leaders, Shift Leaders or Supervisors
Training Methods click here
How will this Training Course & Workshop be Presented?
This PetroKnowledge course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. Delegates will receive interactive training covering the latest theories and ‘best practices’ to develop strong fundamental basis upon which to build their future success during the first 3 days. Delegates will apply their learning through practical application taking the learning out of the classroom and into business situations for the final 2 days.
Work groups will explore and apply their newly learnt skills in relevant case studies, exercises and tasks to develop confidence and understanding. This combination of theory and practical application ensures all delegates leave with both knowledge and experience to ensure their future success. In addition, delegates will undergo two psychometric profiles to fully understand themselves and given feedback on the improvement.
Daily Agenda click here
Day One: The Important Role of the Shift Team Leader
Competency Description: Day 1 will cover an understanding of the skills, qualities and characteristics of an effective Shift Team Leader in the industry
- Organizational development
- Key leading and management principles
- Creating vision and initiatives
- Managing change
Topics to be covered
- Shift Team Leader – defining the role in critical operations
- Managing or Leading: becoming an effective and efficient Team Leader
- Critical Power Bases - and how to utilise these effectively
- Key characteristics of successful Team Leaders – and Personality Profile Psychometric
- Inspiring change and innovation leading to continuous improvement
- Achieving Team Leader Excellence
Day Two: Solving Work Problems and the Effective Allocation of Resources
Competency Description: Day 2 will focus on the skills, knowledge and understanding to solving typical workforce problems, being able to make effective decisions and allocate resources to operational advantage.
- Analyzing situations and data
- Lateral and Vertical problem solving
- Decision making process
- Time Management
- Delegation skills
Topics to be covered
- Defining operational problems in the industry
- Technical problem solving models and techniques
- Practical and effective decision making processes
- Effective planning and time management of tasks
- Allocating resources effectively and efficiently
- Ensuring job enrichment and motivation with your team
- How to delegate tasks to achieve optimum commitment
Day Three: Mastering Key Interpersonal skills and Conducting the Hand Over Briefing
Competency Description: Day 3 will revolve around the key aspects of effective communication, from 1-2-1 personal discussions, handling and dealing with conflict, through to providing efficient hand-over and shift team briefings.
- Questioning techniques
- Effective listening skills
- Influence and persuasion
- Conflict resolution
- Various sources of communication methods, including briefings
Topics to be covered
- Developing Team Leader key interpersonal skills in the industry
- Overcoming communication barriers in the workplace, culture and diversity
- Powerful communication and interpersonal techniques
- How to influence the outcome of your team’s performance
- Conducting effective hand-over briefs to ensure a safe operation
- Conflict management: managing conflict assertively with your team
Day Four: Leading and Managing your Team for Operational Success
Experiential Learning Workshop: case studies, exercises and practical relating to Performance Issues. These have been designed and developed to reinforce the main topics covered of: managing/leading, time management, problem solving, making decisions, communication, team roles/diversity, dealing with people and achieving tasks.
- Team Assessment – Psychometric Profile
- Factors for enhanced Team development
- Group dynamics in the oil, gas and petrochemical industry
- Group Problem Solving and Team Decision making for operational excellence
- Increasing team performance and ensuring a safe environment
Day Five: Developing your Team for Increased Operational Performance
Experiential Learning Workshop: case studies, exercises and practical relating to Performance Issues. These have been designed and developed to reinforce the main topics covered: developing others, coaching, communication/interpersonal skills, delegation, allocating resources, feedback and ensuring increased performance of team members
- Personality Profile – assessment feedback and development plans and applying this to the industry
- Ways of Developing team members – exercise and case study
- Power of Coaching – practical demonstrations by the delegates
- Giving powerful feedback to increase performance - practical demonstrations by the delegates
- Next Steps
Accreditation click here
PetroKnowledge is an ILM Recognised Provider (Centre ID#806199D) and offers endorsed training courses. Aside from PetroKnowledge’s Certificate of Completion, participants will be able to pursue ILM Endorsed Certification (which typically involves passing an additional study, either a work based assignment or on-demand assessment) after the conclusion of this ILM endorsed training course.
Related Courses click here
- The Effective Team Leader Seminar & Workshops
- Operational Excellence
- Leadership & Strategic Thinking in the Oil, Gas & Petrochemicals Industry
- Best Practices in Multishift Operations
This training course is endorsed by the ILM. Opting to receive an ILM-endorsed certificate requires you to accomplish an on-the-job assessment component applying the knowledge gained on the training course to your area of responsibility. You need to consider the modules and topics covered in this PetroKnowledge training course when developing your assessment.
Your task is write a 800-1000 essay on 1 of the following 3 topic areas from the programme:
- The importance of leadership and management in the Supervisory role
- How to motivate your team members
- Teamwork in the workplace
You must refer to at least 1 principle, model or theory discussed on the programme applicable to the topic area chosen. You need to write your essay referring to an actual example in the workplace, how you applied the principle, model or theory and the outcome.
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.