|MG185q||05 - 09 Aug 2018||Dubai - UAE||4,750|
|MG185q||11 - 15 Nov 2018||Dubai - UAE||4,750|
|MG185q||10 - 14 Feb 2019||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Seminar & Workshops?
“I never lose. I either win or I learn.” - Nelson Mandela
Regardless of the size of work unit, whether you are experienced or not, this comprehensive Effective Team Leader training course will build strong foundations of skills and knowledge you need to lead others to achieve phenomenal results!
You will uncover the powerful ways to motivate, inspire and get total involvement and commitment from your team. This highly renowned Effective Team Leader training course integrates the very best learning from successful industry leaders to deliver strategies to create high performance teams.
You will take away many practical steps to the issues that you face every day at work and be equipped to deal with tough decisions to lead successfully in today’s fast paced environment.
This PetroKnowledge training seminar & workshops will feature:
- Proven and researched methods to drive up results
- The application of personal motivation and drive
- Develop and build effective management and supervisory skills that can help succeed even in challenging times
- Behavioural Models and activities to drive up understanding
- Relationship development methods that build rapport quickly and easily
- Conflict Management Strategies to deliver increased cooperation and results
Training Objectives click here
What are the Goals?
By the end of the Effective Team Leader training course, participants will be able to:
- Set out clear guidelines for effective team leadership
- Effectively lead staff by understanding key principles of leadership and motivation
- Understand the principles of 'effective communication' and how to use communication skills to make sure things get done properly, and on time
- Understand the value of delegation and prioritizing, so they are more effective and efficient in their work
- Examine the principles of management, effective planning and self-organization
- Give delegates greater self-awareness to enable them to improve their relationship with both those who manage them, and with their subordinates.
Target Audience click here
Who is this Training Seminar & Workshops for?
- Management professionals seeking leadership roles
- High potential delegates looking to fast track their progress in leadership
- Team Leaders and those seeking to step up to leading people
- Individuals who have some experience at the supervisor/manager level and are ready to take more management responsibilities
- Leaders who are looking to improve their managerial competencies
Training Methods click here
How will this Training Seminar & Workshops be Presented?
The Effective Team Leader training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. The training seminar provides input based on popular published works.
The training seminar uses tools and questionnaires to encourage delegates to learn about their own traits and responses to situations before encouraging them to apply new techniques to enhance their effectiveness. The training seminar is highly participative with interactive exercises throughout.
Daily Agenda click here
Day One: From Manager to Inspirational Leader
Competency Description: Enhancing Flexibility in thinking to face challenges in a fast changing business and economic landscape.
- Knowing when to “manage” and when to “lead”
- Managing Change effectively
- Developing resourcefulness through personal networks
Topics to be covered
- The qualities of an effective leader: Born or learned?
- The challenges you face every day, the demands of others and the job!
- Leadership Verses Management
- Managing Change Effectively: The Rules
- Planning your Success
- Developing a network of relationships and influence
- How leaders inspire action!
Day Two: Personal Credibility & Making Meetings Matter
Competency Description: As an effective team leader, delegation and running effective meetings enhances personal and departmental credibility.
- Delegation Skills
- Time Management and Prioritisation
- Managing Meetings effectively
- Decision making
Topics to be covered
- The 4 “must-do’s” for every leader to build credibility
- The 7 Secrets to Success
- Delegating Effectively: The pitfalls and the benefits
- Delivering more with Fewer Resources
- Managing time with other people in mind
- Why Meetings Fail!
- Creating a new perspective for an effective meeting
- Delivering a Faultless Decision Making Process
Day Three: Building High Performance with Vision and Purpose
Competency Description: The essence of an effective Team Leader is communication, dealing with performance issues and team building competencies.
- Understand team dynamics
- Use conflict to engage and energise
- Use performance improvement methods
- Know and use Appraisal skills to motivate
Topics to be covered
- Group dynamics and team performance
- Conflict and conformity in group situations
- Team Problem solving and decision making
- Improving communications and relationships
- Dealing with Poor Performance
- The Practical Steps of Motivation
- Appraisal - case studies in performance management
Day Four: Workshop 1 - Driving Up Engagement and Results
Competency Description: Communication is a key competence for success as a Team Leader along with coaching and motivating your team.
- Listening with purpose
- Asking developmental and empowering questions
- Understand behaviours and their positive and negative effects
- Coaching your team
Topics to be covered
- Communicating Effectively to your team
- The Building Blocks of High Performing Teams
- Leadership styles and your personal strengths
- Creating a Coaching Leadership Style
- Active Listening and Questioning
- Advanced Communication Skills: What to listen for
- The Four Behaviours that get results
Day Five - Workshop 2 - Dealing with Conflict and Influence Effectively
Competency Description: The development Conflict management skills and high-level communication skills to be more persuasive are crucial in today’s organisational environment.
- Conflict management
- Control of own emotions
- Influence skills
- Persuasive modelling
Topics to be covered
- Difficult People Defined
- The 4 most difficult types
- The specific skills of conflict
- Your Conflict Profile
- The 6 Keys to persuade and Influence
- The PROVE Model to influence effectively
- Action planning and programme review
Accreditation click here
PetroKnowledge is an ILM Recognised Provider (Centre ID#806199D) and offers endorsed training courses. Aside from PetroKnowledge’s Certificate of Completion, participants will be able to pursue ILM Endorsed Certification (which typically involves passing an additional study, either a work based assignment or on-demand assessment) after the conclusion of this ILM endorsed training course.
Related Courses click here
- The Effective Team Leader Seminar & Workshops
- Leadership & Strategic Thinking in the Oil, Gas & Petrochemicals Industry
- Achieving Supervisory Excellence : Managing People and Increasing Workplace Performance
- The Influential Leader: Self-understanding, Building Relationships and Leading Organizations
- Effective Shift Team Leader
This training course is endorsed by the ILM. Opting to receive an ILM-endorsed certificate requires you to accomplish an on-the-job assessment component applying the knowledge gained on the training course to your area of responsibility. You need to consider the modules and topics covered in this PetroKnowledge training course when developing your assessment.
Part One: To complete an assessment as to how you are going to apply the knowledge gained on the programme to your area of responsibility. You need only to consider the modules 1, 2, & 3 covered in the programme when developing your assessment.
Part Two: Written report on a coaching or career development session. Conduct either a brief (one-hour maximum) Driving Up Engagement and Results or Dealing with Conflict and Influence Effectively with an employee in your team. Then write up the methods used to plan, conduct and evaluate this session.
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.