|ME167||30 Dec 2018 - 03 Jan 2019||Dubai - UAE||4,750|
|ME167||09 - 13 Jun 2019||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
Electric Submersible Pumps (ESPs) are used in most of global oil production operations. This PetroKnowledge training course is a complete package of topics that cover all aspects in relation to ESP; fundamental knowledge, equipment selection, installation, commissioning, operation monitoring, control and maintenance.
In addition, this Petroknowledge training course will familiarize the user with the ESP system and its application by; detailed description of components and design features analysis.
Recent innovations in ESP technology will also be presented and discussed so that the delegates are updated with current developments in ESP industry.
Training Objectives click here
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will learn to:
- Learn about the different types of ESP systems and its specific applications
- Understand the components and equipment used with ESP
- Be aware of the innovations in ESP pump technology
- Selection of proper ESPs for specific purposes.
- Carry out ESP performance calculations
- List the advantages and limitations of various ESP drive systems
- Outline the power supply requirements of ESP installations
- Maintain and troubleshoot ESP systems
Target Audience click here
Who is this Training Course for?
This training course is tailored to provide a practical and detailed insight for professionals who actually involved in the; selection, installation, operation and maintenance of ESP.
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Design and maintenance professionals
- Petroleum, chemical and mechanical engineers
- Electrical engineers
- Field operators and technicians
- Maintenance engineers and personnel
Training Methods click here
How will this Training Course be Presented?
The training methodology will combine presentations with interactive practical exercises. Selected video materials will be presented with instructor explanation and delegates` comments. Activities will include exercises of basic related calculations to ESP selection and sizing in addition to discussions of the case studies. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating their particular expertise to the topics of their interest.
There will be enough time given for group discussion during and at the end of each session based on the subject matter and instructor’s own experience in the field.
Thorough training will be delivered on the subjects covered by the seminar outline with the instructor using a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques.
Organisational Impact click here
The organization gain in sending their employees to attend this particular training course is that they will be enhancing their basic knowledge and up-dating their expertise by being aware of the newest technology in the field.
Accordingly, they will be able to effectively participate in upgrading the organization equipment for more better performance and productivity.
The knowledge and set of skills that the participants will gain are numerous as it includes;
- Equipment identification
- Equipment design features analysis
- Equipment performance calculations
- Safe operation and monitoring of equipment.
- Equipment maintenance.
Delegates will be able to apply in their workplace such gained knowledge and practice skills and that will impact their respective companies.
Personal Impact click here
On attending this course, the participant will;
- Enhance their basic knowledge related to ESP.
- Update their basic knowledge by being aware of the newest ESP technology.
- Apply the gained expertise in their workplace.
- Trust in their capabilities to cope with new equipment technology
- Be devoted to their organization by operating equipment properly and safely.
- Feel satisfied with growth expected growth in their career.
Daily Agenda click here
Day One: Fundamentals and Applications of ESP
- Historical review of ESPs
- Definitions and basic terminology
- Introduction to ESPs and ESP Systems
- Challenges for ESP applications
- Requirements for mainstream ESPs (pump design, electric motor, cabling and connections, motor control, associated components)
- Various ESP types (inverted/bottom intake, inverted/ bottom discharge, dual and triple, booster ESP, tubing, conveyed ESP)
- Application of ESPs (challenges for ESP, on-shore applications, off-shore applications, multiphase fluids, viscous fluids, emulsions, applications with abrasive contaminants, high temperature and high applications, corrosive substances)
Day Two: ESP Pump Technology and Equipment used with ESP
- Evolving ESP pump technology
- Improving pump design
- Down-hole monitoring
- Surface control
- Expanding the realm of applications
- Improving well performance
- Components and equipment used with ESP
- Download sensors (pump intake and discharge pressures, internal motor temperature, download flow rate, equipment vibration)
- ESP packers (anti preset, high boost, lock out, anti-drag)
- ESP well heads (low pressure, high pressure)
- Check/ drain tubing (check and drain valves)
- Motor shroud/recirculation systems
- Screens and filters
- Y-tool or by-pass
Day Three: ESP System Performance Calculations and Equipment Sizing
- Basic requirements from ESP
- Well production capacity
- Fluid composition and volume, including volume of free gas
- Dynamic head calculation
- Optimization of; pump type, motor type and size of pump and motor
- Down hole cable configuration and sizing
- Optimization of; drive systems, power supply and accessories
- Variable speed drive (requirements, advantages and disadvantages)
- ESP performance calculations
Day Four: ESP Monitoring, Control and Protection, Installation
- Downhole Monitoring and Sensors
- Embedded Fibre Optic Cable for Downhole Monitoring and Sensors
- Earthed (Grounded) and Unearthed (Ungrounded) ESP motors
- Earthing and Lightning Propagation in ESP Circuits
- Electrical Protection Equipment for ESPs
- SCADA/EMS (ESP Management System) for Local and Remote Installations
- Safety and Shut-Down Systems
Day Five: Commissioning, Operation and Maintenance
- Commissioning requirements
- Commissioning procedures
- Regular safe operation
- Operation monitoring (detecting abnormal conditions)
- ESP Maintenance management (servicing equipment, well work-over rigs, cable reels, reel supports, cable guides)
- Troubleshooting ESP
- Case Studies (examples of ESP problems and failures)
- Factory Repair and Reconditioning
- Summary and Discussion
Related Courses click here
- Pumps, Compressors & Turbines
- Understanding and Preventing Process Equipment Failures
- High Pressure Pump Operation, Maintenance,Overhauling & Troubleshooting
- Pumps & Pumping Systems Optimization
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.