|MN171||15 - 19 Dec 2019||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
This highly-interactive PetroKnowledge training course will focus on the essential skills for a FMECA facilitator, supported by tailor-made exercises and constructive personal feedback. This intensive training course will also enable you to organize and represent the FMECA process in your company, explain every aspect of the FMECA method, and guide the process of gathering and verifying information in the FMECA and pursue agreement.
Asset Management nowadays has to meet a broad range of business and SHE objectives of the company and therefore requires a multidisciplinary approach. FMECA, failure mode effect and criticality analysis, is a practical instrument to analyze and compile all these aspects in one overview which is comprehensible for all people involved in the asset management process, including those on the shop floor.
However, a FMECA facilitation is a complex task. One needs to understand the system with its functions on a conceptual level and must understand the explanations of experts about failures, preventive measures and operational procedures. The facilitator should know everything about the principles of failure mode, effect and criticality analysis as well as the specific tools and templates which are used in the company.
Critical to success is a facilitator who is aware of the group dynamics during the FMECA sessions. The facilitator must be able to switch roles between attention to people, process and technical complex content.
This training course will highlight:
- The FMECA principles, methods, templates and process (also Root Cause Analysis, Reliability Centered Maintenance)
- Theory: the analytical basis of ‘FMECA thinking’ – risk, functions, norms, causality, risks, criticality, preventive and corrective actions
- The characteristics of FMECA data gathering: facts, level of detail, use of language in multidisciplinary teams
- The dynamics in multidisciplinary teams and thinking preferences
- Facilitator skills as systematic questioning, listening, recapitulating, dealing with frustrations, managing the process, flexible workflow, keep in control and delegate whenever possible
What are the Goals?
The FMECA facilitator training course focuses on a thorough and highly customized FMECA tool in which valuable information is gathered based on the full support of the FMECA team, accomplished by the professional skills of the facilitator.
By the end of this training course, participants will:
- Know and understand the FMECA and related methods in use in the company
- Know how to organize the FMECA process and involve participants
- Be able to present and explain the FMECA tools and software
- Be able to do systematic questioning and judge information
- Be able to validate the FMECA results with an expert group
Who is this Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge training course is suitable and will be greatly beneficial for you if:
- You work in in the field of Maintenance, Operations or SHE/ quality as a facilitator or team leader
- You are familiar with, or willing to learn the process of asset management and the tools in use
- You love to work with people and get the best out of them.
- You feel the need to improve yourself in motivating teams and analyzing detailed information
How will this Training Course be Presented?
Participants to this training course will share mutual insights and feedback, therefore the group is limited to a max of 6 participants per trainer. The participants receive a thorough training on the subjects covered by the seminar outline, with a combination of theory, practical examples, many exercises and application on issues from their own work environment. Besides training manual, participants will receive additional materials like process cards, work sheets, case descriptions, sample solutions, etc.
By attending this PetroKnowledge training course, your organization will get sustainable results:
- The strategic, technical and process expertise and practical knowledge and experience will be joined and registered in a professional way
- The organisation of FMECA sessions will be smooth and embedded in regulated processes
- A skilled facilitator will prepare, organize, lead and evaluate with only one focus: to join the knowledge and experience of your experts
- The FMECA sessions will be more satisfying and successful
- A skilled facilitator will understand the needs of all participants and reach for widespread support
- Improving the FMECA processes and formats by learning from the practice of other participants
By attending this PetroKnowledge training course, the participants will:
- Understand the increasing importance of knowledge management and the use of FMECA tools
- Understand the huge importance of the cooperation with the problem owner, all involved experts and his or her role as a facilitator
- Learn about their own pitfalls while discussing technical issues, working in multidisciplinary teams and how important it is to stay away from content involvement
- Be skilled to prepare, organize, lead the process and evaluate FMECA sessions
- Be skilled to manage a multidisciplinary teams and respect everyone in his or her strength
- Be skilled to reach for consensus, manage disagreement and use a proven shared language
- Significantly improve their personal effectiveness and boost their future career opportunities
Day One: Introduction to Facilitation Skills
- Introduction to the program
- Introduction in the key roles of a facilitator
- Start case FMECA (problem solving)
- Theory communication process model and skills (feedback)
- Theory and exercises in asking questions
- Exercises in problem solving in an expert team
Day Two: The Basics of the FMECA Method
- FMECA process and template – all aspects
- Theory ordering information in FMECA (analytical grammar)
- Theory presentation skills (part 1)
- FMECA introduction case
- Theory and exercises in asking questions
- How to make teaches to foster the FMECA process
Day Three: Introduce and Teach your own FMECA Process
- Theory Thinking Preferences Ned Herrmann and De Bono
- Theory presentation skills (part 2)
- Presentations and teaches of participants (feedback sessions)
- FMECA case (2)
- Exercises with reluctant behavior
- Preparation of new presentations and teaches
Day Four: Judge Information and Quality of FMECA
- Theory of stakeholder management and networking
- Exercise inventory of stakeholders and how to approach
- Case: Challenge the FMECA (and FMECA’s of participants) focus on decision making
- Theory motivation factors for participants
- Presentation of participants FMECA’s (feedback session)
- Theory implementation and project management
Day Five: Promoting FMECA Results
- Overall learning personal points and feedback
- Al presentations and feedback
- During presentations exercises based on the learning points
- Celebrate success
- Evaluation and closure of training
- Root Cause Analysis
- Innovative Root Cause Analysis
- Problem Solving & Decision Making Skills for Engineers and Technical Professionals
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA) Facilitator Training
- Optimising Equipment Maintenance& Replacement Decisions
- Failure Mode Effect and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) Facilitator Skills Training