|OG158||11 - 15 Nov 2018||Dubai - UAE||4,750|
|OG158||09 - 13 Jun 2019||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
|OG158||10 - 14 Nov 2019||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
The impact of fossil fuels on our modern world and our ever increasing dependence on it has resulted in an endless quest for its exploration and production. The easy to find oil is now a phenomenon of the past and is therefore necessary to traverse the planet both off shore and to greater depths, to secure supplies.
This highly interesting training course examines the multi-disciplinary nature of petroleum exploration, technology and production operations in the upstream oil and gas business.
This PetroKnowledge training course will feature:
- Develop an appreciation and understanding of the origins of oil and gas and identify the basics of geology in relation to oil and gas reservoirs
- Understand the exploration activities from project inception through to implementation and production i.e. the field life cycle
- Appreciate the evolving nature of the Oil and Gas industry and its many facets and identify and manage key stakeholder’s expectations
- Understand the fundamentals of drilling, well completions and production operations and examine the basics of primary and enhanced recovery operations
- Recognize and learn the terminology as applied to the Oil and Gas industry and appreciate the difference between exploration, appraisal and development wells
Training Objectives click here
What are the Goals?
- Recognize and understand basic geology and its relation to the formation and exploration of petroleum
- Appreciate and understand the key drivers involved in the exploration process
- Identify the stakeholders in the energy supply chain
- Explore the global oil and gas industry to date and understand different type of oil companies
- Understand the various fiscal and production sharing agreements involved and the challenges and opportunities they present
Target Audience click here
Who is this Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit the following:
- New Engineers
- Non-Technical Professionals
- Technical support Professionals
- Non-Technical Investors and Businessmen
- Accounting and Purchasing professionals
- Economics, Legal, Finance and Human Resources professionals
- Management and Administrative Professionals interested in obtaining a general understanding of the upstream petroleum industry
Training Methods click here
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This PetroKnowledge training course is a participatory learning experience that is both hands-on and interactive and provides the delegates many opportunities to advance their opinions and ideas. The course leader will facilitate a supportive environment ensuring that the concepts introduced during the course are well understood and comprehended.
This training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes:
- PowerPoint presentations and Lectures
- Specific points will be reinforced by short videos to relate the material to the real world
- Daily progress will be enhanced by course exercises
- The course will be augmented with case studies.
- The participants will be encouraged to participate in highly interactive discussions to advance their opinion and ideas.
Daily Agenda click here
Day One: Introduction - Oil Production Life Cycle
- History of oil and gas
- The role of oil and gas in society
- International Oil & Gas Supply
- Global Reserves, Production & Trade
- The nature and formation of fossil fuels and oil reserves
- Fundamentals of the Chemistry of Petroleum
Day Two: Petroleum Geology
- Basic petroleum geology- Where we find fossil fuels
- Geological time
- Rock types & Sedimentary basins
- Exploration activities
- Geophysical Methods; Gravity and magnetic surveying
- 2D, 3D and 4D seismic
Day Three: Understand Different Functions Related to Oil Operations
- Reservoir Description & Type of wells
- Drilling Operations and Engineering
- Reservoir Fluids and Produced Water
- Oil Water Separation
- Field Appraisal & Volumetric Estimation
- Well Stimulation and Completion
Day Four: Reservoir and Well Dynamic Behavior
- Reservoir Drive Mechanisms
- Recovery and production Estimation
- Secondary and Enhanced Oil Recovery
- Unconventional Petroleum Deposits
- Tight Oil, Shale Oil and Shale Gas Tar Sands
- Hydraulic fracturing
Day Five: Geopolitics, Fiscal Regimes, IOC’s and NOC’s
- Ownership of hydrocarbons - Concessions, contracts and joint ventures.
- World energy supply and demand - Oil and Gas pricing
- International and National Oil Companies, OPEC, IEA and the Future
- Peak oil
- Carbon Capture
- Safety and the Environment
Related Courses click here
- Oil & Gas Exploration and Production
- Applied Biostratigraphy and Sequence Stratigraphy in Oil Exploration & Development
- Cathodic Protection System in Oil & Gas Exploration Industry