|OG261||01 - 05 Dec 2019||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
|OG261||05 - 09 Apr 2020||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
|OG261||29 Nov - 03 Dec 2020||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
Gas lift system is used in most of global oil production operations. This PetroKnowledge training course is a complete package of topics that cover all aspects in relation to gas lift; fundamental knowledge, equipment selection, design, installation, commissioning, operation monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance.
In addition, this PetroKnowledge training course will familiarize the delegates with the gas lift system and its application by; detailed description of components and design features analysis. Recent innovations in gas lift technology will also be presented and discussed.
What are the Goals?
By the end of this PetroKnowledge training course, participants will learn to:
- Learn about production optimization using artificial lift systems
- Understand the equipment used in gas lift system
- Learn how perform gas lift design with different methods
- Learn how deal with different problems during gas lift operations
- Get familiar with different new technology in gas lift
Who is this Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge training course is tailored to provide a practical and detailed insight for professionals who actually involved in the; selection, installation, operation and maintenance of gas lift system.
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Design and maintenance professionals
- Petroleum engineers
- Production technology engineers
- Reservoir Engineers
- Production engineers
- Field operators
- Production technicians
How will this Training Course be Presented?
The training methodology will combine presentations with interactive practical exercises and selected videos materials will be presented with instructor explanation and delegates` comments. Activities will include exercises of basic related calculations to gas lift selection and sizing in addition to discussions of the case studies. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating their particular expertise to the topics of their interest.
There will be enough time given for group discussion during and at the end of each session based on the subject matter and instructor’s own experience in the field. Thorough training will be delivered on the subjects covered by the course outline with the instructor using a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques.
The organization gains in sending their employees to attend this particular training course is that they will be enhancing their basic knowledge and up-dating their expertise by being aware of the newest technology in the field. Accordingly, they will be able to effectively participate in upgrading the existing well’s designs for more better performance and productivity. The knowledge and set of skills that the participants will gain are numerous as it includes;
- Equipment identification
- Equipment design features analysis
- Well optimization
- Safe operation and monitoring of well
Delegates will be able to apply in their workplace such gained knowledge and practice skills and that will impact their respective companies.
On attending this PetroKnowledge training course, the participant will;
- Enhance their basic knowledge related to gas lift systems
- Update their basic knowledge by being aware of the newest gas lift technology
- Apply the gained expertise in their workplace
- Trust in their capabilities to perform a stable gas lift design
- Feel satisfied with growth expected growth in their career
Day One: Production System Analysis & Artificial Lifting Theory
- Reservoir drive mechanisms
- Produced fluids properties
- Inflow performance relationship
- Vertical Lift Performance
- Multiphase flow and Multiphase flow correlations
- System nodal analysis
- Artificial lift systems and non-Flowing well Vs flowing well
- Gas lift concept
Day Two: Gas Lift Technology
- History of gas lift
- Natural flow vs gas lift
- Applications of gas lift
- Continuous gas flow
- Intermittent gas flow
- Main considerations surrounding gas lift systems
- Optimum GLR and injection depth
- Advantages and disadvantages
Day Three: Downhole Equipment
- Gas lift mandrels
- Gas Lift Valves and latches
- Kick-over Tool’s operations
- IPO and PPO valves
- Gas lift valve’s mechanics
- Continuous flow unloading sequence
- Force Balance Theory
- Orifice gas lift valve behavior
Day Four: Gas Laws and Gas Lift Design
- Basic Gas Law
- Natural gas and nitrogen pressure calculations
- Gas lift design types and steps
- Design Bias
- Constant Casing Pressure Drop Method
- Practical case
- Tips regarding well modeling and gas lift design with software’s.
Day Five: Gas Lift Troubleshooting
- Gas Lift System selection(compressors)
- Gas Rate Control and Measurement
- Instability and Heading
- Analysis and Diagnostic Techniques
- Well Testing for GL Wells
- Unloading Procedures
- Troubleshooting real cases
- New technology in gas lifting systems