|ME120||30 Dec 2018 - 03 Jan 2019||Dubai - UAE||4,750|
|ME120||15 - 19 Sep 2019||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
|ME120||29 Dec 2019 - 02 Jan 2020||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
This course will feature the importance and relevance of the important and expensive items of equipment known as heat exchangers that are used in a wide variety of industries. It will familiarise engineers and technicians with the various standards and practices used for design, manufacture, operation and maintenance of heat exchangers.
To all these engineers with diverse backgrounds and expertise, the principle of heat exchangers design and codes will allow them to understand the recommended practises. This course will cover all these aspects with respect to engineering design in general and shell and tube exchangers in particular.
This course will feature:
- Heat Exchangers Design Characteristics
- Understanding of Heat Transfer principles
- Integration of network facilities
- International Codes in fabrication, operation, and maintenance activities
- Integration of fouling considerations and performance monitoring
What are the Goals?
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand heat transfer fundamentals
- Analyse exchanger operational parameters
- Determine correct troubleshooting techniques
- Determine the correct selection criteria for heat exchangers
- Troubleshoot exchange problems
Who is this Training Course for?
This course will benefit all levels of personnel in a process plant environment. It will enable them to understand the design considerations, construction details and operational parameters associated with process heat exchangers.
This course is suitable to a wide range of electrical engineering professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Maintenance Professionals
- Inspection Personnel
- Process Supervisors
- Plant Operators
- Plant/Technical Managers
How will this be Presented?
This course will utilise a variety of proven adult training techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented; this includes PowerPoint presentation.
The goals of each participant are discussed to ensure their needs are fulfilled, as far as possible. Questions are encouraged throughout, particularly at the daily wrap up sessions. This provides opportunities for participants to discuss specific issues and, if possible, find appropriate solutions.
Day One: Types and Applications of Heat Exchangers
- Overview and Basic Fundamentals
- Heat Transfer Fundamentals and Heat Transfer Coefficients
- Heat Exchanger Types and Application
- Geometry Of Shell & Tube Heat Exchangers (STHE)
- Double Pipes TEMA Nomenclature, Front End Head Types, Shell Types
- Rear End Types, Double Pipe Units, Selection Guidelines
Day Two: Thermal and Hydraulic Design of Heat Exchangers
- Sizing and Specifying the Heat Exchanger
- Flow vs. Temperature Difference in STHE
- Temperature Difference in STHE
- Condensers and Reboilers
Day Three: Mechanical Design of Heat Exchangers
- Mechanical Design Of Heat Exchangers
- Basic Design Of Heat Exchangers
- Special Design Considerations
- Piping Loads on Exchanger Nozzles
- Materials of Construction On Heat Exchangers
- Fabrication of Heat Exchangers
Day Four: Operation and Maintenance of Heat Exchangers
- Fouling in Heat Exchangers
- Corrosion and Erosion in Heat Exchangers
- Heat Exchanger Inspection Methods
- Operation and Troubleshooting
- Performance Monitoring and Testing
- Cost-Effective Maintenance and Repair of Heat Exchangers
Day Five: Performance Enhancement and Optimisation of Heat Exchangers
- Heat Transfer Augmentation Techniques
- Finned Tubes
- Heat Integration Basics
- Pinch Technology
- Heat Exchanger Train Optimisation
- Tube Bundle Replacement - Alternative Enhanced Tube Bundle Designs
- Troubleshooting Process Operation
- Sulzer Pump, Hydrodynamic Couplings and Bergmann Mechanical Seals
- Operation, Diagnostics and Maintenance of Equipment for Oil & Gas Production