|IN114||28 Nov - 02 Dec 2021||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
The design, certification, commissioning, verification and periodic maintenance are all activities that must be executed with care and the appropriate knowledge. “Near enough is not good enough”. To prevent the resulting operation of the fiscal metering systems, eliminate the possibility of measurement errors that could cost the oil and gas operators millions of dollars in mis-measurements when such issues can often end in the litigation courts. Appropriate training for engineers involved in these activities is considered essential.
This PetroKnowledge hydrocarbon (Oil & Gas) fiscal metering training course is one course in a suite of training courses related to hydrocarbon metering and deals with providing an understanding of the principles and instrumentation required to make accurate quantity measurement of valuable hydrocarbons.
This PetroKnowledge training course will highlight:
- Overview of Hydrocarbon Measurement Systems
- Explains Interaction between Parameter Measurements
- Explains Flow Calculation Routines
- Explains how Liquid & Gaseous Hydrocarbons are measured
- Explains Procedures Required to Maintain Measurement Accuracy
What are the Goals?
This PetroKnowledge training course is intended to give the participants an appreciation of the financial importance of hydrocarbon flow metering and its implications to the profitability of the business.
The training course will explain how the measurements are made and how the different parameters measured interrelate.
By the end of this PetroKnowledge training course, participants will learn to:
- Understand the correlation between Fiscal Metering and Profitability of the Business
- Appreciate the Calculations carried out by the Flow Computers
- Understand how the Liquid Metering Instruments Integrate
- Understand how the Gas Metering Instruments Integrate
- Appreciate the Procedures required to Maintain a Fiscal Flow Metering Station
Who is this Training Course for?
This full PetroKnowledge technical training course is intended for Engineers and Technicians who will be “hands-on” maintaining a Fiscal Metering System or will have other responsibilities for the Management of a Fiscal Metering Station.
This PetroKnowledge training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Instrument Technicians wishing to Maintain Fiscal Metering Systems
- Engineers / Technicians Commissioning Metering Systems
- Engineers responsible for Fiscal Metering Systems
- Engineers who need to specify or design a Fiscal Metering System
- Hydrocarbon Production Reporting Engineers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
Being a “portable” training course, it will be predominantly delivered as slides but with a high proportion of technical diagrams. Course notes accompanying the training modules will be supplied in electronic format.
- Appreciation of Financial significance of Hydrocarbon Measurement
- Appreciation of consequences of Mis-Measurement
- Appreciation of importance of maintaining measurement accuracy (i.e. Uncertainty)
- Appreciation of interrelation of parameter measurements
- Appreciation of maintaining appropriate Procedures
- Appreciate importance of Record keeping
- Enhanced skills for Instrument Technicians
- Appreciation of interaction of measured parameters in Reported data
- Appreciation of consequences of mis-measurement
- Understand how to prevent mis-measurement occurring
- Enhance promotion opportunities
- Manual of Fiscal Flow metering and Course Presentation material will be
Day One: The Concepts of Hydrocarbon Custody Transfer Measurement
- General Course Introduction
- Reasons Why Metering is Required
- Overview of measurement Traceability
- Overview of Allocation of Commingled Hydrocarbons
- Overview of Principles of Measurement Uncertainty
- Features of Managing a Fiscal Metering Station
- Overview of different Flow Meters strengths & weaknesses
Day Two: Hydrocarbon Flow Calculations and Flow Computers
- Overview of Flow Computers
- Liquid Flow Computer Function and Calculations
- Verifying a Liquid Flow Computer
- Meter Proving Flow Computer Function and Calculations
- Gas Flow Computer Function and Calculations
- Verifying a Gas Flow Computer
- Review of Metering Supervisory Computer
Day Three: Liquid Hydrocarbon Flow Measurement Techniques
- Principles of Liquid Turbine Flow Meters
- Principles of Positive Displacement Flow Meters (Optional)
- Principles of Coriolis Mass Meters
- Liquid Metering Instruments (Density, Sampling, BS&W) (Pressure & Temperature see Gas)
- Stock Tank Measurement
Day Four: Gaseous Hydrocarbon Flow Measurement Techniques
- General Gas Measurement Overview
- Principles of Orifice Plate Flow Meter
- Features of Orifice Carriers
- Principles of Ultrasonic Meters (Liquid applications incorporated)
- Gas Metering Instruments (Pressure, Temperature, Density, Chromatograph)
- Physics of Gas Measurement
- Wet Gas Metering
Day Five: Managing Custody Transfer Metering Stations
- Generalised Guidance on Operating a Hydrocarbon Metering Station
- Generalised Guidance on Reporting a Hydrocarbon Metering Station Data
- Overview of Instrument Verification Techniques
- Principles of Technical Audits
- Guidance on Fault Conditions and Mis-measurement
- On successful completion of this training course, PetroKnowledge Certificate will be awarded to the delegates