|ME150||26 - 30 Aug 2018||Dubai - UAE||4,750|
|ME150||13 - 17 Jan 2019||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
|ME150||03 - 07 Feb 2019||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
Data analysis and reporting technique are becoming increasing important for organizations regardless of their business activities. Managers and analysts are faced with ever challenging analytical problems due to availability of large datasets spanning over decades. Using the right techniques for analyzing the data and reporting, are important in making decisions that result in improving business performance targets.
Oil and Gas companies tend to store large datasets, such data are important for the company in terms of enhancing their efficiencies, improve their operations, support their services and maintaining administration costs. However, analyzing the data requires skills of summarizing the data, presenting and reporting.
Recently, Oil and Gas companies began using infographics, which integrate graphics into data presentations. This PetroKnowledge training course is aimed to equip the delegates with necessary skills to analysis numerical data, reporting and using graphics to present the data.
This PetroKnowledge training course on Infographics & Data Analytics for Oil & Gas Reporting will highlight:
- How to analyze numerical data?
- Problems of data analysis and how to overcome such pitfalls
- How to integrate information into graphs using infographics techniques?
- The best way to analyze and report numerical data for Oil and Gas companies
- How to improve report writing style for Oil and Gas companies?
Training Objectives click here
What are the Goals?
This PetroKnowledge training course aims to provide professionals and analysts’ in Oil and Gas companies, the necessary tools required to analyze numerical data and practical capabilities needed to convert data into information via appropriate analysis. They will enhance their skills of using infographics to present the data in a way that can be readily communicated to others in the organization.
At the end of this PetroKnowledge training course, you will learn:
- Common analytical techniques and representation methods using Infographics
- The ability to recognize the types of analysis are best suited to Oil and Gas companies
- Sufficient background and theoretical knowledge to judge when an applied technique leads to incorrect conclusions
- Ability to converse with people who are experts in the areas of data analysis and to be able to read and comprehend common report in Oil and Gas companies
- Basic statistical methods and concepts
Target Audience click here
Who is this Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge training course has been designed for Oil and Gas professionals whose jobs involve the manipulation, representation, interpretation and/or analysis of data. Familiarity with a PC and in particular with Microsoft Excel is assumed.
This PetroKnowledge training course involves extensive computer-based data analysis using Excel 2010 and therefore delegates will be expected to be numerate and to enjoy working with numerical data on a computer.
This training course on Infographics & Data Analytics for Oil & Gas Reporting is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Operational Managers involved in the data analysis
- Financial Managers
- Risk Managers
- Board Level Executives and Non-executives
Training Methods click here
How will this Training Course be Presented?
The training course on Infographics & Data Analytics for Oil & Gas Reporting adopts a problem-based learning approach, in which delegates are presented with a series of real numerical data analysis problems drawn from the widest possible range of applications from Oil and Gas to other sectors and from logistics to quality control.
For reasons of time constraint, it will not be possible to develop solutions during the course to all of the problems posed. However, all delegates will be given comprehensive solutions to all of the problems, to take away with them at the end of the course, as future learning resources.
The PetroKnowledge training course is entirely applications-oriented, minimizing the time spent on the mathematics of analysis and maximizing the time spent on the use of practical methods in Excel, PowerPoint and other available tools for Infographic creation along with the understanding why such methods work.
Delegates will spend almost all the time exploring Excel’s data analysis and representation functionality, the concept of Infographics and its application in practice. The Data Analysis Tool Pack, to investigate the totally realistic data analysis problems. Delegates will also get a hands-on knowledge how to use PowerPoint and other tools available online that can help you create effective Infographics.
Organisational Impact click here
Organizations that can make optimum decisions will enhance their ability to compete on the global stage through understanding effective methods of data analysis. The participants on this PetroKnowledge training course, will enhance their analytical skills and will be able to influence the organization with recommendations based on objective data analysis that in turn produce a higher performing business.
Individuals exposed to this PetroKnowledge training will develop new insights into the use of Excel and the field of data analysis, and they will learn why data analysis technique is essential to delivering the right quality products and services at the lowest costs. They will improve their report writing skills and integrate graphics into data presentation.
Personal Impact click here
This training course teaches the competencies that enable participants to:
- Gain an understanding and practical experience of a range of the more common analytical techniques and data representation methods
- Gain ability to recognize the best technique suited for analyzing Oil and Gas data
- Gain sufficient background and theoretical knowledge to be able to judge when an applied technique could lead to incorrect conclusions
Daily Agenda click here
Amongst a wide range of interesting topics, the following will be prioritized:
- Fundamental Statistics
- Infographics Techniques using Excel
- Basic of Oil and Gas Data Mining and Representation
- Frequency Analysis
- The Importance of Regression Analysis in Oil and Gas companies
- Confidence Interval
- Hypothesis Testing
Day One: Introduction and Descriptive Statistics
- What is Data Analysis?
- A reminder of elementary statistics and compensations for small sample sizes
- A Quick-start Tutorial for Excel
- Describing Data Sets using Statistics
- Representing Data Sets Graphically
- How to create Info-graphic in Excel?
- How Info-graphics Data Presentation compares to the traditional methods?
Day Two: Frequency and Time Series Analysis
- Frequency of Occurrence
- Pareto Analysis
- Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts
- How Excel Dashboard is different from Infographics?
- How to combine Excel and Power Point for creating Infographics?
- Time Series Analysis
- Trending Data
- Estimation Theory and its relevant to Oil and Gas Data
Day Three: Scenario Analysis, Confidence and Six Sigma
- Modeling Scenario and their application in Oil and Gas Companies
- Interactive Spreadsheets
- Confidence Intervals
- Usefulness of Control Chart for Oil and Gas Companies
- An Introduction to Six Sigma
- Error Bars
- Online tools for creating Infographics
- Practical creation of Infographic based on model data
Day Four: Regression Analysis Equations and System Modeling
- Simple Regression Analysis / Maximum likelihood Estimations
- Polynomial Curve Fits
- Describing Data using Equations
- The Applications of Regression to Oil and Gas Companies
- Analysis Of Variance (ANOVA)
- Comparing different types of Infographics
Day Five: The Infographics Creation and Critique
- Presenting Data using appropriate Reporting Style
- Practice creating the Infographics and its presentation
- Focus on the storytelling
- Overall review of concepts learned and How they can be applied in practice
Related Courses click here
- Data Analysis Techniques
- Advanced Data Analysis Techniques
- Strategic Thinking, Analysis and Planning
- Financial Accounting, Reporting & Business Support in the Oil and Gas Industry
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.