|ME169||02 - 06 Sep 2019||Houston TX - USA||6,950|
|ME169||08 - 12 Mar 2020||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
This Petroknowledge Intelligent Pigging & Mechanical Cleaning of offshore & Onshore Pipelines training course consolidates the fundamental knowledge and experiences required by pipeline operators to ensure the pipeline network is well maintained throughout the design life and beyond.
The training course bridges the gap between the theoretical and practical understanding of the pipeline safe operation requirements and integrates the operation, inspection, monitoring and maintenance activities within a robust framework that can be easily communicated and implemented.
What are the Course Goals?
Pigging of pipelines whether it is for cleaning purposes or for defect identification/assessment is vital to ensure that the integrity and reliability of pipelines is effectively managed throughout its entire life cycle from design through to decommissioning.
Lessons learnt from previous failures emphasize that routine cleaning of pipelines at a reasonable frequency is vital to ensure the pipeline health and to avoid unlikely events of failure and subsequent hydrocarbon release.
Who is this Training Course for?
The target audience are staff engaged in the design, construction, commissioning and operation of pipelines and associated facilities. This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals and will greatly benefit:
- Pipelines Maintenance/ Inspection/Repair Engineers
- Pipelines design and construction Specialists
- Oil & Gas Operation & Production Engineers
- Corrosion, Inspection and Integrity Engineers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
Participants to this PetroKnowledge training course will receive a thorough training on the subjects covered by the course outline with the Tutor utilising a variety of proven learning teaching and facilitation techniques. Course training methodology includes:
- Active interaction through the use of exercises and group discussion on the program topics and real-life issues
- Discussion of participants’ organizations specific problems, seeking group views and guiding participants to develop their own corrective action agenda for implementation upon returning to their workstations
Pipelines are a major asset in any Oil & Gas producer or operator. Billions of dollars are invested in designing, construction and operating pipelines network across the globe. Maintaining the pipeline health throughout its service life depends greatly on the operation and maintenance protocols employed by the experienced operators.
This PetroKnowledge training course will further consolidate the following major elements, that on the long term will ensure that the pipeline network is safely operated and extends its service life. The course with further;
- Highlight how intelligent pigging data can be correlated with other operations, monitoring and inspection dates to explain the pipeline behavior and failure code
- Explain Pipelines Integrity Management codes requirements and how routine pigging can help maintaining the integrity of the pipeline across its design cycle and beyond
Upon successful completion of the training course participants will be able to attend and effectively manage any challenges encountered during the Intelligent Pigging and Routine Mechanical Cleaning operation of onshore & offshore pipelines.
It further enhances their capabilities to operate, troubleshoot, maintain and inspect the pipelines network through-out its entire service life to ensure its operability, maintainability and productivity and safe operation.
- Origin and Production of Oil & Gas
- Corrosion & Corrosion control of Offshore & Onshore Pipeline.
- Factors influence pipeline internal corrosion
- Understanding the different failure mechanism of Oil, Water & Gas pipelines
- Introduction to Cleaning Pigging Tools
- Objectives of routine mechanical cleaning.
- Factors influencing establishing the cleaning frequency
- Post cleaning operation samples collection, handling and analysis
Day Two: How Routine Mechanical Cleaning & Intelligent Pigging can Influence the Pipeline Integrity Management System (PIMS)
- Typical inspection reporting and data assessment
- Codes, Standards and operating instructions
- Pipeline Flow Assurance Problems and how routine mechanical cleaning can control the risk
- Routine pigging and Microbial Corrosion control
- Design consideration for allow easy and successful pigging operation
- Risk Identification and Assessment
- Risk and Risk control measures
- Developing & Populating Risk Matrix
- Routine Mechanical Cleaning
- Cleaning pigs design and ordering specifications.
- Types of Cleaning pigs
- Pigging sequence and program development
- Pig tracking while traveling
- Pig Launchers & Receivers
Day Three: Intelligent Pigging
- Preparation of Pipelines for Intelligent pigging operation
- Intelligent pigging Techniques for Oil, Water & Gas pipelines
- Design and functionality of different types of Intelligent Pigging Tools.
- Intelligent Pigging process and preparation requirement
- Pigging un-piggable Lines
- Understanding the Intelligent pigging Report submitted by the IP contractor
- IP operation responsibilities and liabilities
- Establishing the IP frequency based on risk
- Validation of IP survey using automated Ultrasonic Sonic Thickness Measurement
Day Four: Intelligent Pigging Techniques for Oil, Water & Gas Pipelines
- Ultrasonic Technique
- Magnetic Flux
- Eddy Current
- Organization Interface with relevant stakeholders
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Competence Assurance
- Emergency Preparedness EPRS
- Pipeline Isolation Technique
- Risk Based Inspection (RBI)
- Remnant life Assessment (RLA)
- Fitness For Service (FFS)
- Defect Assessment
Day Five: Pipelines Repair Techniques
- Codes & Standards
- Requirement of API 1160
- Intelligent & Routine Pigging Data Management
- Computers and pipelines Management
- Routine Mechanical cleaning data handling, validation and assessment
- Intelligent pigging data handling, validation and assessment
- How Information Technology application can help Routine & IP programs