We currently have no scheduled session for this Human Resource Management Training Course. If you are interested in running this course, please contact our Training Department at email@example.com
Why Choose this Training Course?
This exciting and innovative Human Resource Management training course will introduce you to the latest and best practices in training management and organisational learning. This training course is paced, challenging and highly rewarding. You will learn about how to become a truly ‘learning organisation’ and redefine organisational learning so that your organisation places learning and development at the core of its business.
This training course will introduce you to the latest and proven techniques for Training Management, Organisational Learning, Talent Management, and Organisational Development (OD). Your professional practice and career will be enhanced by attending this important 5-day course.
This PetroKnowledge training course will highlight:
- Organisational strategy and its link to learning and development
- Practical approaches to managing your training and learning spend properly
- The application of training management in world class organisations
- The practical steps involved in becoming a learning organisation
- Best-practices in learning & development
What are the Goals?
At the end of this PetroKnowledge training course, participants will learn to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of Organisational Learning theory
- Explain the concept of effective Training Management
- Utilise the skills of OD for Organisational Learning & Training Management
- Apply appropriate skills for developing a learning organisation
- Develop training suitable for a particular audience or workgroup
Who is this Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge training course is suitable for anyone who wishes to develop their skills in Training Management & Organisational Learning. In particular, this course would suit:
- Anyone involved in learning & development, training or talent management
- Managers, Supervisors and Leaders in all sectors
- Human Resource (HR) personnel at all levels
- Occupational health & safety personnel
- Anyone concerned with organisational learning
- Those who need to know more about Organisational Development (OD)
How will this Training Course be Presented?
Participants to this training course will receive a thorough training on the subjects covered by the seminar outline with the Tutor utilising a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques. Training methodology includes stimulating presentations supporting each of the topics together with interactive trainer lead sessions of discussion.
There will also be practical sessions where participants have the opportunity to practice and experience some HR related activities. Role-plays, small group work, relevant case studies and feedback will be used to facilitate learning.
- Staff promoting learning and development in their organisation
- Build organisational learning company wide
- Improved employee engagement
- Enhanced team motivation
- Increased use of appropriate training methods throughout the organisation
- Improved employee relations
- Develop practical, transferable skills
- Understand the principles of learning psychologic
- Apply what is taught immediately into work practices
- Awareness and understanding of major learning and development practices
- Appreciate the complexity of organisational learning
- Increased commitment to ongoing professional development
Day One: Organisational Strategy & Learning
- Approaches to strategy
- Creating a business model
- Strategic analysis (pest; balanced scorecards; five forces: swot)
- The concept of learning and how it should fit with strategy
- How does learning differ in the oil & gas industries
- The idea of organisational learning
Day Two: Leading and Development
- Leadership theory explained simply
- Transformational leadership
- Your preferred role as a leader or manager
- Managing the training function strategically
- Differentiating succession management & talent management
- Nationalisation issues in training
Day Three: Change Leadership
- An experience of change
- Change at the team level
- Change at the organisational level
- Key drivers of change
- Change management
- Case Studies of best practice in change management
Day Four: Basics of Finance for Learning Professionals
- Accounting & finance concepts simplified
- Key financial terms you should know as a manager
- Using accounting information for decision making
- Why training evaluation matters
- The importance of cost-benefit in training
- Calculating a Return on Investment (ROI)
Day Five: Becoming a Learning Organisation
- Understanding the learning organisation
- Characteristics of a learning organisation
- Are you ready to change?
- Benefits and barriers
- Personal action planning
PetroKnowledge is an ILM Recognised Provider (Centre ID#806199D) and offers endorsed training courses. Aside from PetroKnowledge’s Certificate of Completion, participants will be able to pursue ILM Endorsed Certification (which typically involves passing an additional study, either a work based assignment or on-demand assessment) after the conclusion of this ILM endorsed training course.
- On successful completion of this training course, PetroKnowledge Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
- On passing the ILM assessment, delegates will be awarded with an endorsed certificate from ILM
This training course is endorsed by the ILM. Opting to receive an ILM-endorsed certificate requires you to accomplish an on-the-job assessment component applying the knowledge gained on the training course to your area of responsibility. You need to consider the modules and topics covered in this PetroKnowledge training course when developing your assessment.
- Using the figures and formulas in the course, calculate and report the projected total cost-benefit for a 5-day in-house course with ten staff (telesales) attending
- Written report on a coaching or career development session