|MN157||13 - 17 Dec 2020||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
|MN157||14 - 18 Mar 2021||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
|MN157||12 - 16 Dec 2021||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
Lower revenues due to lower commodity prices have placed equipment life-cycle costs under the management spotlight like never before. Maintainers are faced with the challenge to deliver the same levels of equipment safety, reliability and availability with smaller budgets. This Maintenance & Reliability training course introduces the practical tools and practices that organisations need to adopt to drive down their equipment life-cycle costs in practical ways.
This PetroKnowledge course emphasizes the most effective strategies, policies, tactics and practices that are needed to ensure the reliability, integrity and durability of the physical assets through their life-cycle.
This training course will highlight:
- Financial concepts of costs, capital, profit and return on investment
- The model for asset healthcare
- Cost impact of equipment failure and degradation
- Proactive practices and tools to reduce maintenance costs
- Failure analysis to focus cost reduction efforts
- Work management to improve resource efficiency
What are the Goals?
At the end of this training course, you will learn to:
- Understand the concepts of costs, capital, profit and ROI
- Understand the cost impact of unanticipated failure
- Apply proactive policies to reduce future maintenance costs
- Structure and analyse failure data to reduce repetitive failures
- Identify root causes of unanticipated failure costs
- Reduce resource costs through efficient work management practices
Who is this Training Course for?
It is highly recommended that maintenance, reliability, engineering and technical support staff including leadership and management attend this PetroKnowledge course, including:
- Reliability engineers
- Maintenance team leaders and managers
- Operations team leaders and managers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
The training course is delivered by means of a combination of instructor-led topic areas and class discussions. The training is further enhanced by the use of case studies, examples and practical exercises that are pre-loaded onto a laptop for each delegate. The templates, case studies, examples and exercises are subsequently available to each delegate after the course as a reference for further study, research or practice. This ensures a high level of knowledge and skill retention.
Day One: Equipment Life-cycle Cost Introduction
- Definitions of reliability, maintenance & asset management
- The concept of costs, capital, profits and return on investment
- The ‘Asset Healthcare Model’
- Key areas of asset management
- Open discussion sessions
Day Two: Cost Factors and Causes
- The real cost of unanticipated failure
- Asset performance standards
- The forms of asset failure and degradation
- The causes and nature of asset failure and degradation
- The effects, cost and risks of asset degradation
Day Three: Breaking the Cycle of Degradation and Costs
- Programmed maintenance
- Programmed maintenance intervals
- Condition-based maintenance intervals
- Implementing optimised PM programs
- Optimizing spares to support the maintenance program
Day Four: Cost Reduction through Defect Elimination
- Failure data collection and analysis
- The impact of chronic failures versus intermittent failures
- Focus improvement through Pareto analysis
- Quantify losses in life cycle terms
- Rigorous root cause analysis techniques
- Discussion of software and templates to support analysis
Day Five: Work Management converts Strategy to Practice
- Work identification and defect reporting
- The importance of backlog
- Planning for quality and reliability
- Capacity planning
- Scheduling for efficiency
- Work logistics and preparation
- Checklists and practical aspects work quality control
- Final discussion and evaluation
PetroKnowledge is recognized by the Society for Maintenance & Reliability Professionals (SMRP) as an Approved Provider. The SMRP Approved Provider status allows PetroKnowledge to host a number of Maintenance & Reliability related continuing education trainings.
This training course is approved by SMRP to issue 25 Continuing Education Course Hours (CECHs) towards recertification of CMRP and CMRT credentials.