|MG145||18 - 22 Nov 2018||Dubai - UAE||4,750|
|MG145||10 - 14 Mar 2019||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
|MG145||14 - 18 Jul 2019||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
|MG145||22 - 26 Sep 2019||Abu Dhabi - UAE||4,950|
|MG145||17 - 21 Nov 2019||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
Successful people set themselves goals and objectives. They know what they need to do, how they need to do it and have a plan to help them achieve it. How you plan and prioritize your day are two of the key skills needed to be successful and add value to your organization. Time is one of our most valuable resources yet we don’t always manage it as effectively as we could. This can lead to a stressful working environment which will prevent you from being successful and achieving your goals.
Most people deny that they are stressed or affected by internal or external factors in the workplace. As the cost of stress to the employer continues to grow, organizations must recognize stress in their employees and train staff and management how to manage stress productively. A recent survey showed that 1 in 5 people report their work to be very or extremely stressful, citing the nature of their work, relationships at work or their employer as the cause.
This highly interactive management training course will give you the tools and techniques needed to manage your time & stress proactively and effectively.
This training course will highlight:
- How to set yourself realistic goals and objectives
- The importance of planning and prioritizing daily, weekly and monthly
- The role of effective communication in managing your day more effectively
- Techniques to manage workplace stress
- How to manage the demands of others who want/need your time
Training Objectives click here
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will learn to:
- Set yourself meaningful goals and objectives
- Plan, prioritize and manage your time more effectively
- Communicate positively and assertively with time stealers
- Run more effective meetings and delegate effectively
- Identify and reduce stress in yourself and others
Target Audience click here
Who is this Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge training course is aimed at professionals who want to take better control of their time and be more productive. It will also benefit those who find their working environment quite stressful and want to take control of reducing stress.
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- All Professionals
- Personnel Professionals
- Training Professionals
- Occupational Health Specialists
- Health and Safety Professionals
- Employees on any organisations that demands more from them, anyone that has to manage stress and pressure at work, meet deadlines & deliver results
Training Methods click here
How will this Training Course be Presented?
Participants to this training course will receive thorough training on the subjects covered by the course outline with the Tutor utilising a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques. The training course methodology includes trainer delivery combined with individual and group exercises to reinforce key messages. All learning styles are addressed and mediums such as video, small group role-play, questionnaires, games and discussions are used to ensure the training is fun, engaging and empowering.
Daily Agenda click here
Day One: Managing Yourself and Your Day
Competency Description: A good time manager has the ability to set goals and objectives that contribute to their own and the organization’s success. You will have a greater sense of purpose and the tools to plan and schedule your activities
- Understand how to set goals and SMART objectives
- How to plan and schedule your activities based on key responsibilities and priorities
- Choosing planning methods that work for you
Topics to be covered
- Goal setting – why have goals?
- Setting SMART objectives to achieve your goals
- Planning and scheduling your activities
- Establishing responsibilities and priorities
- Effective use of diaries, time planners, time logs, etc.
- Criteria for prioritizing using the urgent and important model
- My Perfect Day – when are you at your best?
Day Two: Personal Time Management Styles and Communication
Competency Description: Knowing how to manage interruptions, distractions and your own procrastination adds to your productivity. You will feel more empowered and in control of your day
- How to use the urgent/important model
- Understanding why and when you procrastinate
- How best to manage interruptions and distractions
- Understanding your dominant communication style and that of others
Topics to be covered
- Your time management style – productive or obstructive?
- Highlighting personal ‘time-stealers’ and areas for development
- Procrastination – the stealer of time
- Dealing with interruptions and distractions – staying focused
- Communication styles and how to use positive communication to aid productivity
- Empowerment techniques – learning when to push back using the WISH model
Day Three: Effective Meetings and Delegation
Competency Description: Meetings and effective delegation are an essential part of the working environment. Applying some basic rules to meetings make them more effective and less time consuming. Delegation saves time and develops individuals if done correctly
- Understand how to prepare and participate in a meeting
- How to get the best out of all meetings
- Understand how to effectively delegate
- How to give constructive feedback
Topics to be covered
- Meeting preparation – what tools do you need?
- Managing the meeting – time-keeper, note taker, chairperson
- Tips and techniques for effective meetings
- What does effective delegation look like?
- Styles of management that aid and hinder delegation
- How to delegate successfully
- Understanding how people learn
- The use of feedback in the delegation process
Day Four: Understanding Workplace Stress and its Causes
Competency Description: Stressful situations can occur on a regular basis and it’s important to be able to recognize what causes us to become stressed, and the best way to handle it. Recognizing our own personal signs of stress and those of others allows us to take control
- Understand our stress triggers
- Consider the most appropriate way to manage stress
- Take action before stress controls us
Topics to be covered
- What is stress?
- What contributes to workplace stress? – The top ten causes
- The impact of stress on personal performance – the positive and negative effects of stress
- Recognizing the signs of stress in ourselves and others
- Tips and techniques for managing stress
- Maintaining an effective balance between home and work
Day Five: Managing Workplace Stress through Behavior and Communication
Competency Description: Conflict in the workplace raises stress levels therefore knowing how to manage conflict and your own conflict management style allows you remain calm and composed even in the most stressful of situations
- Understand the different behaviour types including your own
- Uses calm and rationale to manage situations of conflict
- Develops self-awareness around own behaviours
- Uses emotional intelligence to manage stress and conflict
Topics to be covered
- Understanding behavior types: passive, aggressive, passive aggressive and assertive
- How our thought process affects our behavior
- Developing self-assertiveness to achieve greater control over stress
- Conflict management – common cause of stress
- Analysis of individual conflict management styles
- Using emotional intelligence to manage stress and conflict situations
Related Courses click here
- Managing Multiple Tasks, Priorities & Deadlines
- Operational Excellence
- Competency Development for Supervisory Excellence in the Oil, Gas & Petrochemicals Industry
- The Influential Leader: Self-understanding, Building Relationships and Leading Organizations
- Building Team Excellence: Motivation Engagement Collaboration, Innovation, Trust and Empowerment