|OG149||22 - 26 Apr 2019||Bogota - Colombia||6,950|
|OG149||17 - 21 Jun 2019||London - UK||5,950|
|OG149||15 - 19 Jul 2019||Rio De Janeiro - Brazil||6,950|
|OG149||02 - 06 Sep 2019||Houston TX - USA||6,950|
|OG149||25 - 29 Nov 2019||London - UK||5,950|
|OG149||02 - 06 Dec 2019||Mexico City - Mexico||6,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
Historically, crude oil overproduction has always resulted in a global oil glut and a subsequent oil price collapse. The current cycle of low oil prices is challenging the International and National Oil Companies (IOC’s) & (NOC’s) alike, both upstream and downstream of the oil and gas supply chain. This has prompted these businesses to reinvent themselves and to abandon traditional strategic planning exercises in favor of resizing, merging, or putting projects on hold and in extreme situations project cancellation, as well as laying-off personnel.
A closer look at production activities shows that although the cost of oil production may be uneconomical, the industry still needs to continue to explore and develop oil and gas projects so as to meet future demand.
This Mini MBA in Oil & Gas and Energy Management training course provides delegates with a broader understanding of the key concerns facing the petroleum industry and furnishes them with skills and knowledge to effectively identify and tackle these issues. In depth awareness of the current advances in Oil & gas project management techniques addressing risk management, planning and scheduling approaches and project finance and economics will ensure a successful management of future Oil & Gas energy projects.
This training course will feature:
- The importance of highlighting success factors in each category of energy business models
- Effective clarification of core issues, tactics and concepts in the oil & gas sector
- The application of a wider management perspective in the global oil & gas business
- Detailed Risk Management practices in the Oil and Gas Industries
- Discussions on applications of project management in an oil and gas environment
- An understanding of how the expectation for oil and gas demand will shape the industry in the future
- Personnel sufficiently skilled and competent to comprehend and weather cycles of low oil prices
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the important issues facing the industry and the strategies to effectively address them
- Gain a clear understanding of the companies that make up the petroleum industry
- Learn about the geopolitical issues surrounding global oil and gas supply, transportation and pricing
- Gain specific skills in budgeting finance and strategic planning whilst assessing the commercial viability of Oil and Gas Projects
- Understand the management of resource allocation (money, time, people, technology)
- Develop an understanding of how derivative markets can be utilized in risk management
- Acquire an understanding and compare various international fiscal systems
- Explain the nature and fundamental of Oil and Gas Projects and Project Management
- Function more effectively and efficiently in today’s competitive oil and gas business environment
- Evaluate the strategic challenges facing the industry and implications for their organization
Who is this Training Course for?
This Mini MBA training course is essential for personnel that need to improve their leadership presence and learn more about risks and strategic planning in the oil & gas industry. It is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Business Development Professionals
- Corporate Planners, Investment Analysts, Oil and Gas Directors who would appreciate the gist of a full oil and gas energy MBA study program
- More senior oil and gas executives intrigued by the concepts of an MBA but lacking the time for a full MBA
- Managers in the oil and gas energy sector that want a ‘taster’ to see if a full MBA might be for them
- Professionals who have already done a generic MBA but want to relate those processes to the oil and gas industries
- Managers in industries and professions supplying or serving the industry who would like a deeper understanding of oil and gas, e.g. bankers, lawyers, analysts, service majors etc.
- Project managers, Engineers, Supply Planners & Scheduling Professionals
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This PetroKnowledge training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques that ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. The daily workshops will be highly interactive and participative. The training course combines PowerPoint presentation with interactive practical exercises, supported by videos, activities and case studies.
Active delegate participation will be encouraged to relate taught material and case studies with their own experiences from their respective industries.
Day One: The Oil & Gas Industry - Synopsis
Competency Description: Business managers are required to develop competency in oil field and production operations skills.
- Recognise opportunities for process improvements
- Appreciate the role of advanced refining processes
- Appreciate innovative Surface & Sub-Surface Technologies
- Understand the scope and structure of successful oil fields
Topics to be covered
- Petroleum formation and the Chemical nature of petroleum
- Global petroleum reserves, supply and demand
- The global energy mix
- Natural gas and petroleum product, specifications
- Oil and gas exploration and production
- The shale oil and gas revolution & new processes MWD & LWD
- Adding value: Petroleum refining & Natural gas processing
Day Two: The Oil and Gas Supply Chain
Competency Description: As an oil executive, you are required to understand efficiency drivers in the energy business field.
- Understand supply chain management, logistics; in relation to energy transportation
- Appreciate the scope and structure of crude oil markets
- Understand how energy contracts are managed and exchanged
Topics to be covered
- Field Development & Reservoir Management
- Oil and Gas Supply Chain Management SCM
- The Role of Major Network Design Decisions in a Supply Chain
- Current issues in the oil and gas industry SCM
- Modes of Transportation logistics and their Performance Trends
- The monetization of natural gas (LNG, CNG, GTS, GTL, GTP, GTC)
- Sales and marketing of petroleum products
Day Three: Project Finance and Economics
Competency Description: As an energy executive, you are relied upon to understand and tackle oil and Gas energy issues.
- Appreciate the Three Pillars of Energy sustainability and development
- Comprehend how energy commodities are traded
- Learn how financial performance is assessed
Topics to be covered:
- Economics of oil & gas projects
- Energy Commodities and Markets
- Energy Investment & profitability studies
- Project selection criteria and key performance indicators
- Oil and Gas energy project’s sensitivity analysis
- Financial performance management in the oil industry
- Derivatives, Energy Commodities and Markets
Day Four: Oil, Gas & Energy Industry Strategic Analysis
Competency Description: As an energy professional, you are expected to appreciate how energy companies hedge against price fluctuations.
- Choose the appropriate fiscal strategy required for oil and gas projects
- Distinguish the merits between different pricing strategies
- Prepare projects evaluations for appropriate project ranking and development
Topics to be covered
- Strategic interests and competitive advantage of IOC’s & NOC’s
- Strategic value analysis for competitive advantage
- Strategic challenges in the oil and gas industry
- Fiscal regimes for the oil and gas industries
- Project evaluation from a strategic perspective
- Oil and gas energy risks and opportunities
- Crude Oil pricing strategies
Day Five: Oil & Gas Industry Future Prospects
Competency Description: As an energy planning professional, you are expected to evaluate and appraise risks and opportunities and formulate energy investment decisions
- Appreciate risk assessment and management in energy transportation
- Comprehend the effects of Peak Oil on the energy industry
- Understand how geopolitics effects energy markets and oil and gas price s
Topics to be covered
- Oil & gas industry future prospects
- OPEC & IEA
- Evaluating the commercial viability of future energy project’s
- Geopolitics and world Oil and Gas energy markets
- The Peak oil debate and its consequences
- Energy risk management, uncertainty and investment decisions
- Some practical perspectives on risk and opportunity analysis
- International Gas Business
- The 5-Day Mini MBA on Understanding the Dynamics of the LNG Industry
- Certificate in International Oil & Gas Business Management
- The 5-Day Mini MBA on Understanding the Dynamics of the Petrochemicals Industry
- ISO 50001: Energy Management Systems