|CM109||11 - 15 Nov 2018||Dubai - UAE||4,750|
|CM109||10 - 14 Nov 2019||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
This highly interactive Oil & Gas Contract Management training course will provide you with a solid foundation for understanding and assessing the key legal and commercial risks in different types and forms of contract used in the oil and gas sector. The continued accelerated pace of change in the oil and industry, its unique contract matrix, and high levels of investment combine to make it one of the world’s most challenging and complex sectors in which to understand, draft and negotiate contracts. You will enhance your knowledge of the diverse range of oil and gas contracts, and raise your awareness of best practices in managing the supply chain process.
Through this comprehensive training course, you will also appreciate how best to deal with the ripple effects of Macondo, knock for knock indemnities, local content requirements and dealing with NOCs.
This training course will highlight:
- Major types of contract used in the oil and gas sector
- Best practice in supply chain management
- Key legal and commercial risk management issues
- International dispute resolution frameworks
- Negotiation tools and techniques
Training Objectives click here
What are the Goals?
At the end of this training course, you will:
- Appreciate the uses of various types of oil and gas contracts
- Describe best practice in supply chain management
- Identify, assess and manage key contractual risks
- Evaluate the most appropriate way to dispute resolution
- Perform more confidently in negotiations
Target Audience click here
Who is this Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge course will benefit all levels of personnel involved in any aspect of project procurement and implementation in the oil and gas sector. It will enable a broad range of disciplines to appreciate and understand the complexities of this industry, and how best to manage risk.
This training course is appropriate to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Procurement managers and purchasing staff
- Engineering, operational and maintenance personnel
- Contracts engineers, administrators, and managers
- Commercial, financial and insurance professionals
- Project and General Management
Training Methods click here
How will this Training Course be Presented?
Participants will gain greater knowledge through presentations by an experienced international practitioner designed to both educate and challenge. Extensive use will be made of case studies and real examples of contracts and projects. Open and instructive group discussions will also be facilitated encouraging delegates to raise questions, and share their own experiences.
Daily Agenda click here
Day One: Principal Types of Oil and Gas Contracts
- Principles of Petroleum Law & Industry
- Leases and Rentals
- Sale, Purchase and Transportation Arrangements
- Services and Works Agreements
- Multi-Party Arrangements
Day Two: Managing the Supply Chain Process
- Overview of Procurement Best Practice
- Developing the Scope of Work
- Qualifying Suppliers
- Managing the Supply Chain
- Contract Award and Execution
- Bribery and Corruption
Day Three: Key Contractual Issues and Their Management
- Performance and Penalties
- Liabilities and Indemnities
- Pricing and Payment
- Force Majeure
- Local Content Requirements
Day Four: Managing Contractor Performance
- Identifying and Managing Supplier Risk
- Service Level Agreements
- Key Performance Indicators
- Changing the Scope of Work
- Limiting and Excluding Liability
- Use of Bonds, Guarantees and Warranties
Day Five: Dispute Management in the Petroleum Industry
- Damages and Other Remedies
- Negotiation, Compromise, Settlement
- Alternative Third-Party Dispute Resolution
- Litigation or Arbitration?
- Enforcement Measures
- Open Forum – Questions and Final Review
Accreditation click here
The Registered Education Provider (R.E.P. ID:4349) status with the Project Management Institute (PMI®) enables PetroKnowledge to issue applicable Professional Development Hours/Units (PDHs/PDUs) to participants on this training course, to help you achieve or maintain PMI® professional credentials.
The PMI® Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Related Courses click here
- Modern Practices in Oil & Gas Contracts: Licensing, Production Rights, Legislation & Agreements
- The 10-Day Oil and Gas Contracts Training
- Understanding Energy Contracts
- EPCIC Contracts Management
- Contract Management in Offshore & Marine, EPCIC and Shipyard
- Upstream Petroleum Contracts,Accounting, Auditing Policies and Procedures
Project Management Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Fifth Edition, Project Management Institute, Inc. 2013