|MM105q||23 - 27 Jul 2018||London - UK||5,800|
|MM105q||10 - 14 Dec 2018||London - UK||5,800|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
This ILM-endorsed PetroKnowledge Procurement Management Professional training course is an intensive 5-day training programme designed to meet global changes in transformational leadership, finance and procurement strategies. In today’s world middle and senior managers are faced with increasingly complex “value chain management.” A strategic approach to procurement can give organisations a competitive advantage by maximizing benefits received in return for spend, therefore professionals need to understand the various elements driving change strategies, ensure cost efficiencies and achieve competitive procurement in a global environment. This PetroKnowledge course concentrates on the core leadership strategies, financial implications and sourcing activities.
This training course will feature:
- Understanding of strategic leadership in the economic context for your business
- Developing innovation approaches for strategy development
- Enhancing costs awareness within the value chain and understanding the impact on the bottom line
- Defining and apply sourcing strategies in line with your organizational goals and objectives
- Building collaboration and long term supplier relationships
Training Objectives click here
What are the Goals?
By the end of this Procurement Professionals training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of strategies that create and lead change
- Apply tools and techniques that develop strategic thinking and innovation
- Implement Analysis and Problem Solving
- Understand total cost of ownership
- Develop robust service level agreements
- Maximise supplier contribution and performance
Target Audience click here
Who is this Training Course for?
Professionals interested in furthering their leadership and procurement management skills would benefit from this training course. It will also be beneficial to:
- Managers and leaders involved in major global sourcing activities
- Finance professionals involved with major capital expenditure projects
- Senior Procurement Professionals
- Project Managers
- Contract and Procurement Managers
- Senior buyers
- Commodity procurement specialists
Training Methods click here
How will this Training Course be Presented?
Participants will learn by active engagement during the training course through the use of programme materials, exercises, videos and group discussions on “real life” issues. Procurement management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques are taught through case studies, experiential exercises and practical examples that can be used immediately to improve your procurement results.
Daily Agenda click here
Day One: Procurement Leadership
- Perceptions of leadership in the field of procurement
- Management versus Leadership
- Transformational leadership in procurement
- The leadership challenge: balancing strategy and culture
- Leadership in strategic thinking organisations
- Understanding the interrelated factors that impact procurement
Day Two: Aligning Procurement to Organisational Strategy
- Participating in the Strategic Implementation Planning Process
- Recognizing and interpreting forces in the strategic environment
- Strategic implementation tools and frameworks
- Analysing and prioritizing strategic sourcing issues
- Harnessing uncertainty and risk
- Converting Strategy into Action
Day Three: Cost Awareness and Financial Impact along the Value Chain
- From Strategic Planning to the Operating plan
- Budgeting and costing along the value chain
- Fixed vs variable costs
- Contribution Margin
- Direct vs indirect costs
- Performance measurement and impact on the bottom line
Day Four: Global Sourcing and Critical Procurement Strategies
- Defining Procurement Excellence
- Definition of Sourcing Strategy and Critical Supply Strategies
- Tactical versus Strategic Sourcing
- Developing the Strategic Procurement Plan
- Using international supply chains for competitive advantage
- Developing a framework for managing contract risk
Day Five: Developing and Maintaining Long-term Supplier Relationships
- Implications on supplier selection procedures
- Turning vendors into partners
- Relationship management – suppliers and stakeholders
- Performance improvement metrics
- The Service Level Agreement framework
- Applying the right incentives for the right outcome
Accreditation click here
PetroKnowledge is an ILM Recognised Provider (Centre ID#806199D) and offers endorsed training courses. Aside from PetroKnowledge’s Certificate of Completion, participants will be able to pursue ILM Endorsed Certification (which typically involves passing an additional study, either a work based assignment or on-demand assessment) after the conclusion of this ILM endorsed training course.
The Registered Education Provider (R.E.P. ID:4349) status with the Project Management Institute (PMI®) enables PetroKnowledge to issue applicable Professional Development Hours/Units (PDHs/PDUs) to participants on this training course, to help you achieve or maintain PMI® professional credentials.
The PMI® Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Related Courses click here
- Global Procurement & Supply Chain Management for the Oil & Gas Industry
- Strategic Sourcing for the Oil & Gas Industry
- Supply Market Analysis
- Mini MBA for Procurement Professionals
- Global Energy Markets & Pricing
Project Management Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Fifth Edition, Project Management Institute, Inc. 2013
This training course is endorsed by the ILM. Opting to receive an ILM-endorsed certificate requires you to accomplish an on-the-job assessment component applying the knowledge gained on the training course to your area of responsibility. You need to consider the modules and topics covered in this PetroKnowledge training course when developing your assessment.
- Using the full details contained in the Procurement and Fit Out exercise and using the material based on the Building Blocks, you will be required to construct your own Business Model Canvas and explain how you would identify and explain a bad business strategy.
- Describe and explain your procurement strategy; your planning and scheduling strategy; your vendor selection strategy for the categories of products; your contracting and risk strategy to avoid the Liquidated Damages.
- Explain how you can save money without detriment to the deadline objectives stated in the exercise; calculate the full amount of money to be made available and describe your evaluation of the ROI and future cash flows.
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.