|MG144q||01 - 05 Jul 2019||London - UK||5,950|
|MG144q||30 Sep - 04 Oct 2019||London - UK||5,950|
|MG144q||22 - 26 Dec 2019||Abu Dhabi - UAE||5,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
This PetroKnowledge “Professional Risk Manager” training course will enable you to deal with one of the most difficult challenges in 21st century management.
Evaluating the range of available risk management techniques and choosing the most appropriate action in each case are increasingly significant elements of managerial responsibility in today’s business environment. We cannot eliminate risk entirely, but our challenge is to identify the right risk to take and to minimise its potential negative impact. The training course will show you how to analyse and minimise risk; turn risk into opportunity; and manage uncertainty.
This PetroKnowledge training course is structured around the ISO 31000:2009 framework, principles and processes. It will also demonstrate how to develop internal control mechanisms and explain how to measure risk in terms of probability and potential impact, at the same time as ensuring that the organisation complies with increasingly strict international standards of corporate governance.
This PetroKnowledge training course will highlight:
- The knowledge to identify, analyse, evaluate, treat, monitor and control risks
- An overview of leading-edge tools and techniques used in risk management
- Insights into the fundamentals and role of risk management
- Effective risk management procedures based on ISO 31000:2009
- Increasing confidence in managing risk and exercising internal control
What are the Goals?
At the end of this PetroKnowledge training course participants will be able to:
- Understand risk management and its application within an organisation
- Identify, evaluate and control risk in strategy and operations of your organisation
- Design and implement an effective risk management process
- Ensure that your organisation can meet the rising standards of corporate governance
- Communicate the characteristics of effective risk management to your teams
Who is this Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge training course is potentially of great value to a wide range of managers who are responsible for evaluating issues that affect decisions on risk and the challenges of keeping control of increasingly complex businesses. In the past the following have benefited from this course.
- Strategic and operational planners
- Financial managers
- Human resource specialists
- Systems and process design specialists
- Marketing and commercial managers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This PetroKnowledge training course uses a range of proven advanced learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes group discussions, facilitated case studies, presentations and team-based exercises. It will also include case examples of situations in which the course leader has been personally involved. Each session allows you to develop your skills and then to work out now to apply them in your organisation to:
- Increase the effectiveness of your current approach
- Prepare your plans for further development of these important managerial activities
In sending delegates to this PetroKnowledge training course, the organisation will gain the following benefits.
- Realistic perspectives on business prospects
- Risk-adjusted evaluations of development opportunities
- Improved feasibility analysis of proposed new projects
- Improved performance in strategic and operational management
- Closer match of programme/project objectives and outcomes
- Guaranteed compliance with rising standards of corporate governance
In attending this PetroKnowledge training course, individual delegates will enhance the following skills:
- Incorporating risk analysis in all decisions
- Keeping projects under control against objectives and outcomes
- Applying risk-adjusted calculations of business potential
- Reducing the failure rate of high-risk projects
- Contributing to continuous improvement of risk, control and compliance processes
- Involving all team members in identifying and minimising risk
Day One: Understanding Risk Management – Context and Application
- Creating a robust strategy – the foundation of your business
- Understanding the difference between strategic and operational risk
- Risk and uncertainty: the difference between the two terms
- Risk aversion and risk tolerance – project selection and prioristisation
- Using quantitative and qualitative techniques in assessing risk
- The concept of the risk management cycle and how this works
Day Two: Identifying and Evaluating Risk
- The principal drivers of risk in contemporary business
- Assessing most significant categories of risk for business
- Global processes, guidelines and standards in risk assessment
- The relevance of ISO and the professional institutions
- Application of the main tools and techniques in managing risk and uncertainty
- Optimising a risk management process
Day Three: Understanding and Managing Specific Types of Risk (I)
- Strategic risk – deciding on the programme/project mix
- Incorporating risk analysis into business development decisions
- Contingency planning and understanding risk exposure
- Operational risk – coping with variance and divergence from plan
- Managing complexity in contemporary business structures
- Managing risk associated with alliances and joint ventures
Day Four: Understanding and Managing Specific Types of Risk (II)
- Financial risk – capital market dynamics, exchange rate exposure
- Risks associated with different forms of corporate capital structure
- Risks associated with management of cash flow/credit
- Legal risk – the requirements of corporate governance
- Risks associated with intellectual property law
- Product liability/litigation/reputational risk
Day Five: Embedding Risk Management into the Corporate Culture
- Latest developments in the field of risk management
- A structured approach to implementing risk management
- Case example of best practice and group discussion of its applicability
- Designing/developing a risk management process for your own organisation
- Implementing and embedding a risk management culture in your organisation
PetroKnowledge is an ILM Recognised Provider (Centre ID#806199D) and offers endorsed training courses. Aside from PetroKnowledge’s Certificate of Completion, participants will be able to pursue ILM Endorsed Certification (which typically involves passing an additional study, either a work based assignment or on-demand assessment) after the conclusion of this ILM endorsed training course.
- Treasury and Risk Management
- Managing Security Risks in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Offshore & Marine Projects Risks Management
- Risk Based Maintenance Workshop
- Advanced Oil & Gas Project Economics, Risk & Decision Analysis
- The 10-Day Advanced Project Economics & Risk Management for Oil & Gas Professionals
This training course is endorsed by the ILM. Opting to receive an ILM-endorsed certificate requires you to accomplish an on-the-job assessment component applying the knowledge gained on the training course to your area of responsibility. You need to consider the modules and topics covered in this PetroKnowledge training course when developing your assessment.
Following attendance on this programme, certification with ILM requires you to complete an assignment that demonstrates how you are going to apply the knowledge gained on the programme to your area of responsibility.
You need to consider the course as a whole and the individual topics covered when planning and writing your script.
Your task is to select a strategically significant project in your business; then (a) conduct an evaluation of the risks involved in executing this project and (b) show how to use the tools and techniques presented in the course to manage and control the identified risks. Finally, you need to show how the course of action follows best practice in conformance with established international standards of corporate governance.
- Clarify the reasons why you have chosen this specific risk as your subject.
- Explain how you chose the specific risk management approach.
- Identify the main learning points arising from the outcomes of your approach.
Maximum 1000 words.