|PM113||03 - 05 Feb 2019||Dubai - UAE||3,500|
|PM113||09 - 11 Jun 2019||Dubai - UAE||3,500|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Workshop?
In today’s fiercely competitive and fast changing business environment, delivery of high quality project outcomes is the key to organisations’ survival and prosperity. Managers are constantly seeking to produce good quality results while reducing costs and minimizing delays.
Structured to offer a comprehensive overview of quality management in projects with careful balance of quantitative and qualitative considerations, this Project Quality Management workshop will equip participants with the essential management skills, tools and methodologies required for effective delivery of high quality project outcomes.
This workshop will feature:
- An overview of key project quality management concepts
- The concepts, tools and techniques involved in quality planning and control in conjunction with the Critical Path Method and other proven project management methodologies
- An introduction to statistical process control tools
- An overview of typical project problems and strategies for their mitigation
- An overall focus on benefit realization from project conception to completion
Training Objectives click here
What are the Goals?
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define what quality means
- Understand the importance of deliberate quality management processes in projects and integrate quality in project initiation, planning, execution, control and completion
- Identify and document quality requirements and standards for the project and product
- Apply cost benefit analysis, cause and effect diagrams, control charts and other tools in project planning and control
- Apply basic statistical quality control concepts
- Implement effective quality assurance and control
- Be ready and conduct quality audits
- Effectively manage stakeholders to ensure their satisfaction with the project results
- Improve the quality climate and culture across the project life cycle
Target Audience click here
Who is this Workshop for?
This PetroKnowledge workshop is suitable to a wide range of professionals who are involved in or manage internal and external projects both in the private and public sector. Some prior knowledge of quantitative analysis techniques is beneficial, however not required as all tools and methodologies will be covered starting from the basics.
Training Methods click here
How will this Workshop be Presented?
This workshop will utilise a variety of proven highly interactive adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes facilitated group and individual exercises, case studies, simulations, and videos. The instructor will also facilitate learning by encouraging the delegates to test and critically appraise any theories and concepts on the course.
Daily Agenda click here
Day One: Understanding Project Quality Management and Imbedding Quality in Project Initiation
Competency Description: To effectively manage quality you need to understand what quality means and why it is important. You need to imbed quality in projects from the very beginning, when the projects are being defined and approved.
- Quality planning as part of Project Charter
- Defining projects
- Documenting project scope and priorities
- Documenting business case
Topics to be covered
- Introduction to quality management in projects and operations
- Definition of quality: quality vs grade, accuracy vs precision
- Quality Management concepts: principles, policy, objectives, planning, assurance, control, and audit
- Cost of quality
- Quality management and project life cycle
- PMBOK quality management knowledge area
- Quality at the project initiation stage: defining projects, collecting requirements, and planning scope management
- Project charter, project scope and product scope
- Business case essentials: focus of benefits
- Stakeholder management as a key to high quality outcomes
- Management of project constraints, priorities and trade-offs
Day Two: Planning for Quality
Competency Description: As the project moves to the planning stage, you need to ensure that quality is present at every step.
- Development of the project baseline
- Quality planning as part of Project Plan
- Documenting Project Plan
Topics to be covered
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM)
- Scheduling: Critical Path Method (CPM) and Gantt Chart
- Allocation of resources to achieve outcomes on time
- Basic statistics for project planning and control
- Estimating and budgeting
- Project quality planning
- Quality metrics and checklists
- Project Plan
Day Three: Quality Assurance and Control
Competency Description: During project execution, you collect information about project progress and take corrective actions when required. Quality monitoring, assurance and control tools help you identify problems in your projects when there is still time to fix them.
- Evaluation and communication of project progress
- Project monitoring and control based on data
- Implementation of corrective actions
- Evaluation of project success
Topics to be covered
- Quality in the project execution phase
- Key quality principles; responsibility for quality
- Quality standards and metrics
- Project monitoring control and quality assurance tools; verification and validation processes
- Introduction to Statistical Process Control (SPC) tools: Pareto analysis, cause-and-effect diagrams, histograms, trend analysis, scatter diagrams, process control charts, process capability, etc
- Managing scope creep, hope creep, effort creep, feature creep and other “creeps”
- Correcting project delays
- Quality audits
- Project closure and acceptance
- End of project reviews and benefit realization reviews; lessons learned
Accreditation click here
The Registered Education Provider (R.E.P. ID:4349) status with the Project Management Institute (PMI®) enables PetroKnowledge to issue applicable Professional Development Hours/Units (PDHs/PDUs) to participants on this training course, to help you achieve or maintain PMI® professional credentials.
The PMI® Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Related Courses click here
- Managing Project Risks in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Advanced Managing Project Control
- Project Performance Measurement and Management
- Managing Project Control
- Project Execution
- Project Analysis
Project Management Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Fifth Edition, Project Management Institute, Inc. 2013