|AQ109||22 - 26 Nov 2020||Muscat - Oman||4,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
A lot of problems can be faced in structural engineering due to climate change and law quality of material properties and other different circumstance. Quality control and quality assurance in construction of steel structure and reinforced concrete is an integrated role cover engineering and management. In oil and gas projects with hot climate require more precautions in welding structures and pouring concrete
This PetroKnowledge training course has been designed to provide participants with an overview of all aspects of making quality concrete and steel structures in projects based on the properties of materials which are incorporated through to the planning, preparation, finishing and curing. The training course covers testing the necessary specifications of steel structure, quality control and quality assurance of welding procedure. It provides relevant material properties of different types of steel. It aims to produce a higher standard of workmanship on site and develop a general comprehension of technical terms to help facilitate communication across the construction and building industry.
This Petroknowledge training course will feature:
- Variations of codes and standards for Quality control
- Quality control test (video presentation)
- The influence of quality in project sustainability
- QC and QA for steel structure activities
What are the Goals?
The participants will be familiar with all quality management technique and procedure and the available non-destructive testing for concrete and steel structure project.
By the end of this PetroKnowledge training course, participants will:
- Understanding the concepts of quality management techniques and procedures
- Comprehensive the practical tools to control the concrete and steel structures
- Destructive and nondestructive tests for both of concrete and steel structures
- Understanding the effect of properties of welding material on the quality of welding
Who is this Training Course for?
This Petroknowledge training course is intended for;
- Structural and civil engineers
- Construction Engineers
- Project Managers
- Construction Managers
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control professionals
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This Petroknowledge training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. The daily workshops will be highly interactive and participative. Videos and photos will be used for illustration.
- Improve the organization projects output by enhancing the quality of engineering review
- Reduce the organization expenses by new idea for maintenance scheme
- Improve the organization investment by knowing the Up to date technology in QC and its practically in real project
- Improve the projects investment by define the way to have a durable structure by better design, construction or maintenance
- Enhance the design capability of the trainee
- Increase knowledge of up to date of execution phase
- Increase the skill for maintenance approach
- Increase the skill to enhance quality of all phases of the oil and gas projects
Day One: Introduction to Standards & Codes of QA & QC
- Quality Management
- Comparison between ISO 9000 and ISO 9001
- The concept of TQM (Total Quality management system)
- The difference between Quality assurance and Quality control
- Determining the responsibilities of QA & QC
- The importance of Pareto chart for the quality
- The need to statistics for the quality control such as Coefficient of variation
- Quality control of ready mix plant
- Auditing the construction site quality
Day Two: The Properties of Components of Concrete
- Strength and durability requirements
- Strength requirements
- Durability requirements
- Characteristics of Concrete materials
- Specs of Aggregate QC
- Specs of Cement QC
- Design of Concrete mix QC
- Limitations of steel sections QC
- Check details of steel sections
- Precautions of reinforced concrete sections against chlorides and sole plates
Day Three: Quality Control for Concrete
- Quality Assurance testing requirements -structure concrete
- Pouring concrete in hot and cold weather
- Workability test for concrete
- Cube and cylinder test
- Corrosions in steel bars and cathodic protection methods
- Maintaining the corroded steel bars and the replacement of the steel bars
- The permissible deviation in erection steel structure
- Illustration of importance of varied Non-destructive test
- Core test
- Rebound hammer
- Lok test
- Load test
- Ultrasonic test
Day Four: Welding Procedure in Steel Structure
- Properties of materials that are using in welding in steel structure
- Understanding the different types of welding
- The precaution in welding process
- The reasons of welding defects.
- Tests used to inspect welding
- Comparison between steel structure sections with welding and with bolts.
Day Five: Difference between Non-Destructive Test of Structures
- Magnetic particle test procedure
- Penetration test procedure
- Radiographic test procedure
- Radiographic test precaution
- How to define the defects from RT film
- Ultrasonic test procedure
The Registered Education Provider (R.E.P. ID:4349) status with the Project Management Institute (PMI®) enables PetroKnowledge to issue applicable Professional Development Hours/Units (PDHs/PDUs) to participants on our Project Management oriented training courses, to help them achieve or maintain PMI® professional credentials.
The PMI® Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.