|HS150||09 - 13 Jun 2019||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
This PetroKnowledge rigger Safety training course will provide workers with the knowledge and skills necessary to remain safe and compliant while performing rigging related work, confine space and rescue in their workplace.
Confine space incidents can be deadly and improper rigging of a load or a rigging failure can expose riggers and other workers nearby to a variety of potential hazards. The incident will be of impact to the company such as, expenses for workers’ claims, properties and legal aspects.
When the new workers are hired, necessary preparation and training needs to be provided so that they are educated on the safe work practices. At the same time, experienced oil and gas workers should not be overlooked. Having knowledgeable and fully qualified employees on the worksite, whether experienced or new, creates a safer environment for all, and could ultimately save lives and the organization.
This PetroKnowledge training course will develop your ability becoming a skilled qualified rigger and confine space rescue to prevent these workplace risks and ensure your health and safety.
This PetroKnowledge training course will highlight:
- How to select proper rigging equipment application
- Inspection rigging
- Safety and health hazards associated with rigging work
- Confine space safety including rules, regulation and standard
- The rigging requirements for entering, working, and performing rescues in Confined Spaces
What are the Goals?
The objectives of this PetroKnowledge training course are to ensure you gain detailed information and competency for rigger safety and confine space rescue. This PetroKnowledge training course has five key objectives:
- Learning the proper rigging equipment application
- Established safety and manage health hazard in rigging
- Developed rigging inspections
- Apply the standard and regulation in confine space
- Understanding the requirements of confined space rescue
By the end of this PetroKnowledge training course, participants will learn to
- How to select the proper rigging equipment application
- How to determine safety and manage health hazard in rigging
- Successfully undertake rigging Inspections
- How to apply the standard and regulation in confine space
- How to understand rigging requirements for entering, working, and performing rescues in confined spaces
Who is this Training Course for?
Rigger Safety: Inspection Rigging Equipment & Hand, Confined Space Safety and Rescue, training course suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Facility Managers
- Team Leaders
- HSE Personnel
- Asset Managers
- All personnel involved confine space
How will this Training Course be Presented?
Participants to this PetroKnowledge training course will receive a thorough training on the subjects covered by the seminar outline with the Tutor utilising a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques. Seminar methodology includes classroom-style with highly interactive, exercises and case studies.
The organisational impact will be demonstrated by the employees participating in this training course:
- The professional development of staff
- Applying knowledge to improve safety performance
- Be able to improve their safety working systems
- Improve inspection of rigging
- Have the capability to reduce accidents in the workplace and losses
- An increased reputation as a safety leader
Upon completion of this PetroKnowledge training course, participants will gain:
- Understanding and practical rigging equipment application
- Improving confidence as rigger
- Increased knowledge in inspection of rigging equipment
- Develop and apply safe systems of work for confined space and rescue
- Work more effectively by applying a safety-based approach
- Add value for themselves
Day One: Rigging Equipment
- Definition and applicable rigging regulation
- Rigging equipment and tools
- Types, selection and use of rigging material
- Block and running rigging
- Hazard identification and safety
Day Two: Inspection Rigging Equipment
- General inspection
- Hemp rigging
- Counterweight rigging
- Fire curtain system
- Motorized rigging
Day Three: Communication and Signal
- Power line safety
- Signal person requirements
- Hand and verbal crane signaling
- Actions and potential hazards
Day Four: The Confine Space Safety
- Defining confined spaces
- Explain standard and operational requirements
- Explain roles, responsibilities and procedures for confined space operations
- Identify typical hazards and associated risks
- How to assess and control hazards
Day Five: The Confine Space Rescue
- Manage entry permits and hot work permits.
- Requirements for plans & procedures for Confined Space entry.
- Select and use respiratory protection equipment (SCBA and SAR)
- Emergency response procedures
- Confined space rescue hierarchy techniques
- Mobile Lifting Equipment Operation and Maintenance
- Advanced Heavy Lifting & Transportation Techniques for Onshore & Offshore Projects
- Asset Integrity Management for Purpose-Built FPSO’s and Subsea System Facilities
- Construction HSE Hazards