|OG259||15 - 19 Sep 2019||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
Cementing is the most critical operation for well integrity and zonal isolation. Cementing fluids pumped in the well must have the correct hydraulic properties for mud removal and safe placement, good transition properties from liquid to solid state to prevent gas or fluid migration during the setting time and engineered mechanical properties to withstand wellbore stresses during the life of the well.
To design and place a cement well barrier safely and efficiently, laboratory tests are conducted according to industry standards.
This PetroKnowledge training course will allow engineers and field supervisors to have an in-depth knowledge of cementing additives, cement properties and laboratory procedure to select cost efficient cement formulations that are fit for the well condition.
This PetroKnowledge training course will highlight:
- Selection of cementing additives.
- Laboratory test procedures and equipment.
- Laboratory calculations.
- Laboratory auditing including calibration, sampling and personnel competency
- Laboratory reporting quality
What are the Goals?
By the end of this PetroKnowledge training course, participants will learn to:
- Understand the role of cementing additives, how they work in the slurry and be able to select the correct additives to achieve desired slurry properties at downhole pressure and temperature conditions
- Identify all cementing laboratory equipment, their function and operation, as well as calibration requirements
- Conduct or verify laboratory testing performed to industry standards (API/ISO)
- Perform laboratory calculation and temperature simulations
- Inspect a cementing laboratory (equipment, personnel competency, sampling and procedures)
Who is this Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Drilling and Completion Engineers
- Well Site leaders and Superintendents
- Service Company Technical personnel
- Operation and Field Management Personnel
- Oilfield Chemical Supplier personnel with a desire to better understand oil well cementing chemistry
How will this Training Course be Presented?
Participants to this PetroKnowledge training course will receive a thorough training on the subjects covered by the seminar outline with the Tutor utilising a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques. Seminar methodology includes classroom presentations, video illustrating testing methods, hands-on exercises and calculations and group workshops.
Cementing fluids and Cementing laboratory testing are critical for the safety of the well, companies attending the course will be able to:
- Dramatically reduce the risk of cementing failure due to poor cementing or laboratory practice
- Provide assurance that laboratory tests and cement formulations have been designed according to industry standards and best practices
- Engage technically to come up with cost effective and simple cement formulations and reduce overall well costs
- Increase well life due to the selection of fit for purpose cements
- Increase well production and reduce well repair due poor cement zonal isolation
Personnel attending this PetroKnowledge training course will gain and enhance knowledge in a highly technical field of expertise and become valuable assets for their organizations by:
- Getting an in-depth knowledge of cement and cementing additive chemistry
- Be able to share their knowledge and develop cementing fluid best practices
- Becoming a better team player in an integrated wells team
- Be confident with regards to cementing additive selection and cementing properties
- Identifying opportunities for improvement in terms of well integrity and zonal isolation
- Identifying opportunities for improvement in terms of cost efficiencies
Day One: Cementing Principles & Cementing Chemistry
- Introduction to Primary Cementing
- Introduction to Remedial Cementing
- Objectives of Cementing
- Cementing Slurry Properties
- Cementing Additive Selection
Day Two: Cementing Laboratory Equipment
- Laboratory Overview
- Rheometers & Gel Strength Testers
- Ultrasonic Cement Analyzers
- Free Fluid and Sedimentation Testers
- Spacer testers (Compatibility / Wettability)
- Set Cement Testers (Permeability/ Mechanical Properties / Expansion rings
Day Three: Cementing Laboratory Procedures
- Rheological Properties
- Thickening Time
- Fluid Loss Control
- Free Fluid & Sedimentation
- Compressive Strength
- Spacer Testing
- Static Gel Strength
- Other Tests (Density / Foam Cementing / Expansion / Gas Migration / Mechanical Properties)
Day Four: Cementing Laboratory Calculations
- Laboratory Analysis Request
- Laboratory Mass Calculations
- Temperature and Pressure Schedules
- Laboratory Reporting
- Lightweight Cement Tests
Day Five: Laboratory Quality Processes
- Laboratory Safety
- Equipment Maintenance & Calibration
- Laboratory Technician Competency
- Laboratory Inspections and Audits