|OL006||22 - 24 Feb 2021||11:00 to 16:00 Dubai [GMT +4]||1,750|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Online Training Course?
Storage tanks play an important role in petrochemical industry and refineries as safe containers that are used as intermediate product storage and product transfer operations. Storage tanks hold flammable liquid hydrocarbons, or compressed flammable gases, as well as other types of toxic and dangerous liquids. In the design, construction and operation of storage tanks, the safety is of utmost priority and must be taken care of.
This intensive 3-day online course is designed to offer the participants an insight on how the storage tanks are designed, constructed, operated, inspected and maintained. The course will highlight the essential storage tank technology related to material selection, fabrication, maintenance and repair technologies. Explained also will be the composition and layout of tanks in the tank farm from the efficient operation and safety point of view. The course will cover aspects of tank maintenance, repair and inspection according to API 650 and API 653. Exercises and useful examples will be utilized throughout the training to emphasize the key learning points.
What are the Goals?
At the end of this PetroKnowledge online Oil & Gas training course, you will learn how to:
- Learn about tank design components and materials of construction
- Assess storage tank performance
- Learn about tank standards and codes and safety issues
- Appreciate failure mechanisms including corrosion
- Learn about methods of tank protection, including linings and cathodic protection
- Have an understanding of different methods of inspection
Who is this Online Training Course for?
This online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Technical personnel involved in operation of storage tanks
- Operators involved in handling, loading, or discharging cargoes.
- Project engineers involved in design and modification of tank farms
- Engineers and technicians in charge of safety in operation.
How will this Online Training Course be Presented?
This PetroKnowledge online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of your choice location.
- Design and Construction of Storage Tanks according to API 650
- Tank Components, Fittings and Equipment
- Application of Tanks with Fixed Roof and Floating Roof
- Tank Piping Systems and Flow Control
- Design Loading and Level Control
- Tank Farm Characteristics and Requirements
- Tank Calibration & Recalibration
- Tank Internal and External Corrosion Protection
- Tank Inspection, Repair, Alteration and Reconstruction: API 653
- Tank Failure Case Studies and Lessons Learned
- On successful completion of this online training course, PetroKnowledge E-Certificate will be awarded to the delegates