|MM116||28 Nov - 02 Dec 2021||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
Procurement in the Oil and Gas industry has always faced particular challenges. With the background of volatile oil and gas prices, marginal oilfields, extreme locations and new global business trends, the oil and gas industry is forced to seek better solutions to overcome these challenges. Procurement Leaders need to think about the sourcing strategies they employ to maximise the value they bring to their organizations.
Strategic Sourcing is a disciplined, multi-stage process that examines, addresses and optimizes the Total Cost of Ownership, and that typically involves cross-functional teams. This is why Strategic Sourcing is so critical and can have such a strong effect on the bottom line. Strategic Sourcing can go well beyond cutting costs. Best-in-class companies recognize strategic sourcing as a value creator and consider it to be integral to their overall strategies for growth.
This highly-interactive PetroKnowledge training course has been specifically designed to focus procurement professionals on the many benefits of utilizing and working to a comprehensive strategic sourcing policy that encompasses real value for money; and highlights why the strategic sourcing approach allows procurement professionals to consolidate purchasing power in order to secure the best value available in the marketplace, in addition to:
- Reducing or controlling procurement costs
- Maximizing the value of every dollar of spend
- Streamlining the procurement operations
- Building strong, trustworthy relationships with existing and new vendors
- Retaining, gaining or regaining a competitive advantage in their marketplace
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Gain stakeholder involvement and buy-in
- Comprehensively understand both internal needs and the external supply market
- Understand the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Build effective RFIs and RFPs
- Develop the right sourcing strategy to achieve tangible results
Who is this Training Course for?
This training course is designed for anyone involved in the sourcing process, particularly those who want to be able to define and quantify value to the business, and support it through analysis and understanding.
This PetroKnowledge course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Procurement Officers
- Contracting Officers
- Supply Chain Professionals
- Program managers
- Those who are involved in the planning, evaluation, preparation and management of purchasing, tenders, contracts that cover the acquisition of materials, equipment, and services
How will this Training Course be Presented?
Using a unique blend of cutting-edge research and proven techniques, this training course will be delivered a recognised world-class procurement professional. Participants will increase competencies through a variety of instructional methods including lecture, exercises, reviewing published articles, checklists, videos, and group discussions. A comprehensive course manual enabling practical application and reinforcement is provided. Using the most up to date world-class materials, the instructor will take the participants through a journey of learning new skills and give them the confidence to use these skills on their return to their duties.
Day One: Defining and Implementing Effective Sourcing Strategies
- The Importance of Strategic Sourcing in the Oil & Gas industry
- Tactical versus Strategic Sourcing
- Strategic Sourcing Benefits
- Key Steps in a Strategic Sourcing Process
- Developing a Strategic Sourcing Plan
Day Two: Strategic Sourcing Approach to Critical Success Factors
- Organizational Commitment
- Supply Market Understanding
- Total Cost Evaluation
- Modifying Approach Towards Suppliers
- Organizational Role Changes
- Culture / Processes for Continuous Improvement
Day Three: Creating Effective Oil & Gas Sourcing Teams
- Understanding the Business Requirements
- Supplier and Supply Market Research
- Identification of Preferred Supplier(s)
- Supplier Selection Processes
- Supplier Development and the Strategic Sourcing Process
Day Four: Leveraging Supply Management Tools and Techniques to Improve Cost Performance
- Major Procurement Challenges in Oil & Gas
- Strategic Cost Management
- Principles of Cost and Value Management
- Understanding the Total Cost of Ownership
- Strategic Analysis and Generating Options
- Analysing and Mitigating Risks
Day Five: Supplier Performance Management, Quality Management and Supply Based Integration
- The Importance of Supplier Performance Management
- Developing and Maintaining Long-term Supplier Relationships
- Performance Measurement and Evaluation
- Quality Management for Strategic Sourcing
- “Speaking with one voice” to Suppliers
- On successful completion of this training course, PetroKnowledge Certificate will be awarded to the delegates