|MM120||26 - 30 Aug 2019||London - UK||5,950|
|MM120||02 - 06 Dec 2019||Boston - USA||6,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
The Supply Chain is the active management of supply chain activities to maximize customer value and achieve a sustainable competitive advantage. Supply chain activities cover everything from product development, sourcing, production, and logistics, as well as the information systems needed to coordinate these activities. Organisations involved in running supply chains have to develop and run supply chains in the most effective and efficient ways possible.
The organizations that make up the supply chain are “linked” together through physical flows and information flows. There are the physical flows that involve the transformation, movement, and storage of goods and materials. They are the most visible piece of the supply chain; however, just as important are information flows. These allow the various supply chain partners to coordinate their long-term plans, and to control the day-to-day flow of goods and materials up and down the supply chain.
This PetroKnowledge training course will explore key concepts and solutions that can be employed to optimize the balance between supply chain responsiveness and the costs required to deliver desired business results.
This PetroKnowledge training course will highlight:
- How to work with suppliers and providers both internally and externally
- Appreciate the complexities of supply chain activities in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Maximise the advantage that effective use of inventory can deliver financial results
- Evaluate supply chain risk by using risk tools and techniques
- Implement supply chain organisational improvements
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will learn to:
- Understand how to maximise the effectiveness of your organisation’s supply chain operations
- Appreciate the need to work with suppliers to gain tangible business results
- Use an inventory strategy that increases the cash flow
- Identify supply chain risk by using analytical tools
- Apply changes in the organisation in order to make cost and service improvements
Who is this Training Course for?
This exciting and innovative PetroKnowledge training course is suitable for those in the organisation, and not just in the supply chain, who have a responsibility to make improvements and save costs across the functions and to a wide range of professionals, but will greatly benefit:
- Supply chain professionals
- All of those who need an understanding of supply chain concepts
- Sourcing, procurement and supplier management professionals
- Production and manufacturing professionals
- All of those who need an understanding of the relationships between risk, cost and service in supply chains
How will this Training Course be presented?
Training course methodology includes discussion and lectures leveraging years of hands-on supply chain experience across oil & gas industries and many countries across the world. The trainer will use real-world challenges and solutions, exercises and case studies and an extensive course manual. Participants to this training course will receive a thorough training on the subjects covered by the training course outline with the Tutor utilising a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques.
The organization gains by their employees attending this training course through increased knowledge and a set of skills of the delegates which can be applied in their workplace by:
- Understanding what motivates other players in the oil & gas supply chain
- Reducing costs and making service improvements
- Understanding the supply chain operations relevant to the oil & gas industry
- Identify supply chain risk by using analytical tools
- Work towards a kaisen principle of continual improvement
- Become a best in class organisation
Participants will gain, enhance and learn to apply themselves in the workplace and this course will especially help them in their roles and career growth. The course will enable delegates to:
- Understand the current supply chain operations
- Access them for risk and vulnerability
- Examine how to mitigate risks
- Apply appropriate tools to make financial savings
- Make continual improvements
Day One: Understanding the Supply Chain Operations
- Appreciating the supply chain upstream and downstream
- Understanding internal and external supply chains
- Processes in the supply chain
- Working with suppliers and customers
- Identifying gaps in performance
Day Two: How to Manage Inventory Effectively
- Types of inventory
- Maximizing inventory turns through working with customers and suppliers
- Improving the cash cycle time
- Making savings through inventory management
- Improving supplier relationship management
Day Three: Reducing Risks in the Supply Chain
- Identifying internal supply chain risks
- Understanding risk management principles
- Applying SWOT and PESTLEE models
- Risk management planning though contingencies
- Prioritisation of risks in the supply chain
Day Four: Managing Outsourcing in the Organisation
- What is outsourcing?
- How to manage the outsourced contract
- Making sure that you are not paying too much for an outsourced contract
- Understanding how to measure the performance of contracts
- Appreciating cost/service trade-offs
Day Five: Improving the Oil & Gas Supply Chain Operation
- Measuring the performance of the supply chain
- Improving the supply chain operation’s performance
- Using suppliers and customers to improve the supply chain operation
- Ensuring the organisation develops a continuous improvement strategy
- Minimising risk by re-engineering the supply chain operation