|MG203||16 - 20 Dec 2018||Dubai - UAE||4,750|
|MG203||15 - 19 Dec 2019||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
This PetroKnowledge “Sustainability Energy and Change” training course provides tools to enable delegates to make the best strategic business decisions to adapt to the changing forward operating environment. It will enable delegates to define management systems that will give them better information about the system dynamics of their organisations and better information about foreseeable changes in the operating environment. It will enable them to identify organisational risks associated with “business as usual”, and to make better strategic decisions about changing the forward direction of the organisation.
All wise business leaders recognise “that change is needed” and they know there are “un-sustainability” risks but the direct links with business success may be unclear. This course will enable delegates to decide “what change is needed” based on a robust, data-based understanding of their business and how it is impacted by any external change. This will give delegates a robust understanding of which changes and technologies should be a part of long term corporate strategy, and which are just “green window dressing”. The future will not look like the past; this course will provide delegates organisations with the capacity to ensure the future includes long term prosperity and resilience to external changes.
This PetroKnowledge training course will highlight:
- How to understand System Dynamics – how our organisation interacts with external change
- Key challenges, risks and future scenarios
- Fundamentals of the “Transition Engineering and Innovation” approach
- Tools to help decision making about future direction and strategic change
- How to implement strategic change using day to day management programmes
Training Objectives click here
What are the Goals?
At the end of this PetroKnowledge training course on Sustainability Energy and Change, you will be able to:
- Understand system dynamics between your organisation and the operating environment
- Identify and Articulate possible future business risks from “un-sustainability”
- Design better strategies using Transition Engineering and Innovation thinking tools
- Establish a high degree of confidence in the long-term prosperity of your organisation
- Make better decisions by “thinking differently”
Target Audience click here
Who is this Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge training course on Sustainability Energy and Change is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Strategic decision makers facing a “wicked problem”, typically decision makers in organisations charged with deciding strategic direction in the face of complex challenges such as climate change, energy dependence and the corporate response to “sustainability”
- Professionals in decision making and leadership roles responsible for ensuring their organisation responds to external changes that challenge business prosperity
- Professionals developing strategy related to energy-dependent functions of the organisation including manufacturing, transport and buildings
Training Methods click here
How will this Training Course be Presented?
The training course includes various techniques to maximise understanding, retention and ability to apply the learning, including a course manual, suggested reading, presentations, individual and group exercises, video and group discussion.
The training course will be interactive and will challenge delegates to “think differently” about “sustainability” and about the strategic direction of their organisation. The tutor will guide delegates to apply the learning, and their understanding of their own organisations, to synthesize viable solutions to foreseeable problems.
Organisational Impact click here
Organisations will be better prepared to prosper in a changing future, based on:
- Better tools to understand how the organisation works within the wider operating environment
- The ability to see the future with clarity where there is obscurity
- The ability to make robust decisions where is only a vague trust in “business as usual”
- The ability to set a robust DIRECTION of future business strategy
- The ability to decide direction of change, to improve existing capacity for change
- The ability to make long term financial plans with confidence
Personal Impact click here
Participants will gain a new way of thinking and greater satisfaction in their decision-making abilities.
- Learn how to think differently – this on its own can be an eye-opening experience
- Gain a new decision-making discipline - Transition Engineering
- Gain the ability to define better strategic direction
- Learn from the co-founder of the Global Association for Transition Engineering
- Become part of a global network of professionals tackling “unsustainability” challenges
- Become the person in your team with the clearest future vision
Daily Agenda click here
Day One: Introduction & System Dynamics
- Sustainability: the capacity for continuity into the long-term future
- Safe operating spaces and “unsustainability”
- The importance of energy in human systems
- Historical background to current global challenges
- Historical responses to un-sustainability
- Overview of global problems of unsustainability
Day Two: Introduction to Transition Engineering Decision Making Tools
- The unsustainability challenges facing my organisation.
- Examples and use of future scenarios
- The challenge of energy return on energy invested (EROI)
- The problem of exponential growth
- The relative usefulness of existing future scenarios
- Introduction to Transition Engineering and Innovation
Day Three: Thinking Differently: Designing Change
- Thinking tools that can help decision making about strategic direction.
- Path break concepts; envisioning a sustainable future
- Learn from what works - Sustainable models for economic activity and capital
- Achieving resilience to external change
- Examples of organisations that have made path-break changes for sustainability
- Path break Solution for your own organisation
Day Four: Designing Strategic Path Break Concepts and Change Plans
- Creating a vision of future success
- Using Back-Casting to see out how to get to where you want to be
- Developing a Change Programme
- Identifying barriers to change
- Trigger Events – external and internal events that help avoid undesirable inertia
- Collaboration with operational staff to implement change
Day Five: Implementation
- Creating a Change Programme from a Back-Casting Change Path
- Managing Core and Non-Core Activities in a Change Programme
- Use of Standard Management Tools to implement Path Break Changes
- The role of Teams in Change; Shared Vision, Trust Structure and Leadership
- The importance of Strategic Communications to Maintain Momentum and Ownership
Related Courses click here
- Disruptive Innovation and Solutions in Change (D.I.S.C.)
- Mini MBA: Oil & Gas and Energy Management
- Energy Isolation
- Energy Optimisation of Oil Refineries
- Global Energy Markets & Pricing
- Understanding Energy Contracts