|OG273||19 - 23 Dec 2021||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
The demand for LNG throughout the world remains strong, and the industry is facing more opportunities and challenges than ever. As governments take steps in determining the strategy for affordable energy, which provides the security of supply and a drive towards a sustainable future, LNG is at the heart of the energy mix.
With a view full eye on the future of this innovative industry, during this course, delegates will be afforded with the key aspects of the LNG value chain, encompassing operational and commercial aspects through to technological advances and new applications.
LNG is set to continue to revolutionize the gas industry from colossal LNG production plants to small scale retail developments. Understanding the end to end key topics enables effective decision making for existing players within the industry and provides breadth and depth of knowledge for those new players looking to benefit from the opportunities presented in the evolving market.
This Petroknowledge training course will highlight:
- The role of LNG within the global energy mix and strategy
- LNG trade considerations
- LNG Quality and gas interchangeability
- Technological developments
- The environmental advantages of LNG as an alternative fuel
What are the Goals?
At the end of this PetroKnowledge training course, you will learn to:
- Understand the role LNG plays in future energy security and how LNG trade is revolutionizing the gas industry
- Be able to determine the key points influencing global LNG trade
- Comprehend the technology and developments
- Understand end to end operations and commercial considerations that form the LNG value chain
- Recognize the environmental advantages of LNG as an alternative fuel, including road, industrial and marine uses
Who is this Training Course for?
The training course is suitable for professionals working within a management or technical function for an energy organization looking to broaden their understanding of the LNG industry.
This PetroKnowledge training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Managers, supervisors, and engineers within the LNG industry
- Professionals within energy trading and operations/asset management
- Interested parties within the energy industry and technology
- Interested parties within risk management and insurance
- Professionals within retail and road transport fuels
- interested parties within bunkering developments
- Other Engineers who would like a further understanding of the LNG industry and processes
How will this Training Course be Presented?
Participants in this PetroKnowledge training course will receive thorough training during this seminar and practical group interaction, discussions, and exercises. Participants will develop the skills necessary to understand and effectively explore opportunities regarding the LNG industry, global trade, and operational risks.
LNG is set to continue to revolutionize the gas industry. By being part of the future energy mix, LNG is a cleaner fuel than other fossil fuels and contributes towards a more sustainable future.
This PetroKnowledge training course will benefit organizations with plans or interests to pursue business opportunities, which may include: LNG ship reloading, small scale operations and break bulk, LNG road tanker loading, and the use of LNG as a marine fuel.
This PetroKnowledge course also positively influences organizations by:
- Understanding the end to end operations that form the LNG value chain
- Understanding the energy mix and the role of LNG
- Awareness of the new opportunities of growth as well as new challenges that stricter legislation on emissions has brought
- The stimulated development of small-scale LNG service offerings
This PetroKnowledge course is provided as a helpful tool to be used in daily activities to remain well informed and committed to the development of the LNG industry. The course will enrich the participants with the latest industry knowledge to link to and refresh their development plans, ensuring they and their companies are the foremost of progress and innovation that has revolutionized LNG trade and the gas industry as a whole.
Participants will know how to raise the profile at their workplace for the importance of:
- LNG processing technology
- LNG trade considerations
- LNG developments and technological advances
- The risk associated with LNG operations
Day One: Introduction to LNG and projects
- What is LNG
- Energy mix and strategy
- Security of supply
- Export terminals
- Import terminals
- Current trends
Day Two: Global LNG trade and Stock Management
- Trade Considerations
- Trade routes
- Value chain and losses
- LNG and gas interchangeability
- Quality considerations
Day Three: LNG Shipping and Custody Transfer
- Containment technology
- Shipping developments
- View of current tonnage
- Custody transfer
- Export fiscal measurement
- Stock reconciliation
Day Four: Technological Developments
- Arctic LNG
- Reload and trans-shipment operations
- Floating Storage and Regasification Units (FSRU)
- Floating LNG (FLNG)
- Small scale technology
- Road tankers
- Retail LNG
- LNG Bunkering
Day Five: Operational Risk Management
- Operational hazards
- Protection and mitigations
- Seveso and COMAH regulations
- Industry losses
- Risk quality
- Benchmarking of risk
- Public opinion of LNG operations and safety
- On successful completion of this training course, PetroKnowledge Certificate will be awarded to the delegates