|FI123||03 - 07 Sep 2018||London - UK||5,500|
|FI123||02 - 06 Sep 2019||London - UK||5,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
The Treasury & Risk Management function is essential to the success and sustainability of all leading corporate organisations. Never has this been more true, given the ever increasing pace of change in regulation, compliance, technology and financial risk.
Treasury Management ensures sufficient liquidity to meet its obligations, whilst managing payments, receipts and financial risks such as Credit Risk, Oil Price, Exchange Rate and Interest Rate Risk effectively. In addition effective Treasury & Risk management will enable companies to make informed and better strategic decisions, providing the analysis, finance and risk assessment.
The aim of this training course therefore, is to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to make an effective contribution to the Treasury & Risk Management function.
This training course will highlight:
- The Role of Scope of Treasury & Risk management
- The latest international tools and techniques to enable you to identify, measure and manage risk effectively
- Methods to ensure, liquidity, improved investment returns and smooth cash operations
- Capital Investment Techniques and Methods of finance to support Strategic Objectives
- The features and Benefits of Derivatives as Risk management tools
Training Objectives click here
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will learn to:
- Manage Cash; Liquidity & Working Capital to reduce finance costs and improve returns
- Make informed Strategic Decisions
- Determine and Implement the company’s Risk Management Strategy
- Recommend Hedging and Risk Management Decisions
- Improve the Corporate Governance of the organization
Target Audience click here
Who is this Training Course for?
Given the importance of the Treasury & Risk Management, this PetroKnowledge training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Professionals working in Treasury & Risk management who wish to up-date and improve their knowledge and skills
- Financial decision makers, whose techniques of decision making and analysis will be improved through attendance
- Managers and those with financial responsibilities
- Professionals acting upon the financial decisions of others, who will gain an appreciation for decision making thereby ensuring shared values within the organisation
- Professionals with an interest in finance and the latest market developments
Training Methods click here
How will this Training Course be Presented?
In order to ensure skill development as well as improved knowledge, the training course will be conducted along workshop principles using real life case studies and interactive worked examples. Participants will be actively engaged, individually and as part of a group, in their discussion, analysis and evaluation throughout the course.
Participants will also be given a detailed set of handouts in hard and soft copy to enable them to review the topics covered at a later date.
Daily Agenda click here
Day One: The Role of Treasury Management – An Overview
- The Role & Scope of Treasury Management
- Operation & Location of a Treasury Department – Cost or Profit Centre; Centralised or Decentralised
- Cash & Liquidity Management
- Working Capital Management
- Capital/Finance Management
- Risk Management
Day Two: Cash & Liquidity Management – A Detailed Analysis
- Cash Budgets & Forecasts
- Variance Analysis
- Meeting Cash Calls and Short-Term Methods of Finance
- Working Capital Management – determining the optimum level
- Netting & Cash Concentration Accounts
- Mult-national & Group Cash Management
Day Three: Financing and Capital Management
- Methods of Raising Long Term Finance (Equity v Debt)
- Optimizing the Capital Structure to Minimize the Cost of Capital (WACC)
- Investment of Cash Surpluses to Maximize Return
- Raising Finance to meet Strategic Objectives – M & A; Joint Ventures etc.
- Capital Investment Appraisal – NPV; IRR, Payback
- Risk Forecasting
Day Four: Risk Management
- Identifying Risks and Uncertainties – Internal & External; Financial & Non-Financial
- Measuring Risk – volatility; variance; standard deviation; probability; Value at Risk
- Determining the Risk Management Strategy – assessing impact and probability
- The 4 T’s – Tolerate; Terminate; Transfer; Treat
- Internal Controls & Internal Auditing
- Credit & Counterparty Risk Management
Day Five: Currency; Interest Rate & Commodity (Oil Price) Risk Management
- Forward Contracts and Forward Rate Agreements
- Options – Calls & Puts; European & American
- Futures – Market Correlation; Margin Payments etc.
- Swaps – Currency & Interest Rate Risk and Benefits
- Foreign Currency Accounts other Internal Methods/Tactics
- Foreign Currency Borrowing
Related Courses click here
- The 10-Day Training Course on International Financial Reporting & Treasury Risk Management for the Oil & Gas Industry
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) for the Oil & Gas and Petrochemical Sectors(Upstream, Midstream & Downstream):
- Advanced Finance & Accounting Strategies in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Financial Accounting, Reporting & Business Support in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Oil & Gas and Petrochemical Accounting & Performance Measurement