|CM112||17 - 21 Aug 2020||London - UK||5,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
Energy needs must be met in a world that cannot survive without it. How effectively we meet this need will determine the development of the modern world. Many challenges are facing us in the field of energy which includes issues such as high and volatile energy prices, growing global energy demand, security risks affecting producing and transit countries, the growing threats of environmental changes, slow progress in energy efficiency, challenges posed by the increasing share of renewables.
Energy Contracts need to be strategic and looked at through the lens of your company’s current risk profile. Companies need to formulate a targeted approach. Your energy contract management should provide customize solutions and also determine the best pricing strategy to meet your efficiency goals. Parties to the contracts want to mitigate dramatic price increases and the contracts need to address this and provide workable solutions. There is a need for customised contracts to avoid undue penalties which can cripple the commercial viability of a project. Energy contracts must allow for flexibility and the contracts must reflect this and have a robust basis for meeting stakeholders’ requirements.
This training course will provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of energy contracts essential to manage the volatile energy market. Participants will receive a thorough in-depth exposition of the several energy contracts and understand the rationale behind them and acquire essential skills to negotiate sound well thought out energy contracts.
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the global energy market and the structure of energy contracts.
- Assess risks in the energy industry and know how to minimize those risks.
- Examine and analyse the difference energy contracts both upstream and downstream
- Assess key issues faced during contract lifecycle and know how to negotiate appropriate contractual clauses
- Avoiding pitfalls in contract negotiations and ambiguous contractual terms
Who is this Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge training course is suitable to a wide range of energy industry professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Contracts Professionals
- Commercial Managers & Professionals
- Project Managers
- Procurement Supply Chain Professionals
- Risk Manager / Contract Risk Professionals
- Financial Professionals in the Energy Industry
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will utilise a variety of proven interactive learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes exercises designed to improve the understanding of the core energy contracts, improve their skill sets to negotiate better energy contracts through interactive session with case studies, discussion groups and scenario building.
Day One: Introduction to Energy Contracts
- Energy Laws, Policy, Business Ethics
- Renewable energy issues
- Petroleum Policy & Economics
- Environmental issues
- Human, Socio-economic and Cultural Impacts
Day Two: Specific Energy Contracts Examined
- Gas Sale Agreement (GSA)
- LNG Sale and Purchase Agreement (SPA)
- Time charter party agreement
- Terminal use agreement
Day Three: Specific Upstream Energy Agreements
- Oil and gas concessions
- Production Sharing Contracts
- Service Contracts
- Joint Operating Agreements (Joint ventures)
Day Four: Risk Based Contracting – EPC, EPCM and Alliance Contracts
- Basic features of an EPC, EPCM, Alliance contracts
- Key oil and gas specific clauses
- Key performance clauses
- Liquidated damages
- Risk allocation & Risk assessment
Day Five: Structure of Transportation & Power Purchase Agreements
- Gas Sales Agreements
- Power Purchase Agreements
- Transportation agreements
- Take or pay agreements