|PM145||13 - 14 Jan 2019||Dubai - UAE||2,400|
|PM145||31 Mar - 01 Apr 2019||Dubai - UAE||2,400|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Workshop?
This PetroKnowledge workshop enables professionals to assess the likely success of a proposed project before taking a decision to proceed. A well-executed feasibility study is an essential foundation for successful project definition and project management. It takes business development ideas through a process of analysis and evaluation to (a) select options for action and (b) reduce risk and forecast as accurately as possible the outcomes and impact of the selected options. A feasibility study is one of the key mechanisms that enable managers to align strategy and operations in achieving and sustaining superior performance.
The workshop will feature the following topics:
- Definition of a Feasibility Study and Best Practice Techniques
- How to Use a Feasibility Study
- How to Structure and Plan a Feasibility Study
- The Role of a Feasibility Study in a Business Plan
- How to Execute a Feasibility Study
What are the Goals?
By the end of this PetroKnowledge workshop, participants will be able to do the following:
- Incorporate feasibility studies in business plans
- Lead and manage the process of completing feasibility studies
- Engage and motivate teams to conduct feasibility studies
- Apply rigorous analytical and creative thinking in feasibility studies
- Monitor the effectiveness of feasibility studies
Who is this Workshop for?
This workshop is designed for a wide range of experienced project or business managers and team leaders. It will greatly benefit the following:
- Operations and logistics planners
- Business development specialists
- Accounting and financial managers
- Human resource managers
- Engineering, scientific and administrative specialists
How will this Workshop be Presented?
This highly interactive workshop will use a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. These include the following:
- Introduction to the main tools and techniques of feasibility analysis
- Case examples of the main challenges and their solutions
- Group work on specific issues and situations
- Discussion of specific in-company issues
- Preparation of a personal action plan for each delegate
In addition the workshop leader will illustrate the discussions with real-life examples and situations in which he has been personally involved.
Planning a Feasibility Study
- Clarifying the purpose of a feasibility study
- Aligning a feasibility study with the business plan
- Discussion – the characteristics and objectives of a feasibility study
- Structuring the process – timings, milestones, evaluation
- Identifying, assessing and managing risk in the process
- Discussion - a real-life example of a feasibility study
Executing a Feasibility Study
- Securing the required resources for the feasibiity study
- Financial and non-financial dimensions of the activity
- Discussion of practical example
- Evaluating the outputs of the feasibility study
- Using the feasibility study to reach a go/no go decision
- Discussion - delegates’ action plans for applying the workshop learning
The Registered Education Provider (R.E.P. ID:4349) status with the Project Management Institute (PMI®) enables PetroKnowledge to issue applicable Professional Development Hours/Units (PDHs/PDUs) to participants on this training course, to help you achieve or maintain PMI® professional credentials.
The PMI® Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Managing Project Control
- Advanced Managing Project Control
- Delivering Successful Projects within the Oil & Gas Industry
- Developing Project Strategy in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Offshore Project Assessment
- Project Analysis