An Intensive 5-Day Online Training Course
2D and 3D Seismic Interpretation
Seismic Interpretation for the Oil and Gas, Geothermal,
Mining, Environmental and Other Industries
We currently have no scheduled session for this Course. If you are interested in running this course, please contact our Training Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Online Training Course?
This Petroknowledge 2D and 3D Seismic Interpretation online training course will focus on reflection seismic, one of the fundamental ways of imaging the subsurface from a geological perspective. 2D and 3D seismic data is a major source of information in the oil industry for both onshore and offshore activities.
Recently this type of data has also been used in geothermal energy activities, carbon sequestration in geological reservoirs and wind energy, especially offshore. Other uses include mapping salt structures for use as natural gas reservoirs (gas caverns), delimiting mineral deposits among other activities involving imaging of the subsurface.
This online training course will cover the main concepts underlying the interpretation of 2D and 3D seismic data, from its History, the methods of data acquisition, processing, visualization and software. Several mapping exercises will be done using seismic data - faults and horizons - and how they can be used to understand the structure, stratigraphy and geodynamics of a basin. The perspective of hydrocarbon resources will be addressed through reserve and associated risk calculation exercises.
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
At the end of this PetroKnowledge online Oil & Gas training course, you will learn how to:
- Understand seismic data acquisition and processing
- Visualize seismic data and develop interpretation capacity
- Interpret and map faults and seismic horizons
- Identify hydrocarbon accumulations using seismic data
- Quantify and risk hydrocarbon accumulations
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Online Training Course for?
This Petroknowledge online training course is designed for subsurface professionals who are interested in using seismic interpretation for their work or interact with seismic interpreters in their companies.
- Petroleum Geologists
- Sedimentologists and Stratigraphers
- Basin modellers
- Reservoir and Drilling Engineers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this Online Training Course be Presented?
This PetroKnowledge online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of your choice location.
- Improve knowledge on seismic data, how it is acquired, processed and interpreted
- Understand how faults, horizons and other features are interpreted and used for hydrocarbon exploration and production
- Visualize, map and characterize geological features using seismic data
- Interpret structural styles and sedimentation settings from seismic data
- Develop skills in identifying hydrocarbon accumulations using seismic data
- Ability to quantify and risk hydrocarbon accumulations
- Communicate more efficiently with other geoscience and engineering disciplines that use seismic data
- Understand the wonders of geology imaged in the subsurface by seismic data
- On successful completion of this online training course, a PetroKnowledge E-Certificate will be awarded to the delegates