Why Choose this Online Training Course?
Corporations involved in the energy sector need executives who understand the extreme volatility of global energy markets and how to manage the financial risks created by changing energy prices.
This Petroknowledge online training course on Advanced Energy Finance Analytics is designed to give participants an in-depth understanding of energy finance by addressing three areas of finance in an energy context: Pricing, asset valuation and risk management. This Petroknowledge online training course will increase your comprehension of the energy markets, as well as demonstrate how to model and forecast energy and forward / futures prices.
This Petroknowledge online training course will build knowledge of energy-related derivatives, including the different derivative products and how to apply them in the energy markets to develop hedging and risk management strategies.
This Petroknowledge online training course on Advanced Energy Finance Analytics will develop an understanding of pricing, risk management, asset valuation and derivatives within the energy markets:
- Learn to use financial models to analyze and forecast energy prices; extrapolate forward prices beyond the liquidity tenor
- Understand the risk of and return from futures and options contracts on energy commodities
- Manage and optimize your organization’s energy risk exposure
- Learn to estimate and calculate volatility in energy prices
- Utilize real options theory to value energy assets; use information from futures / option prices to make optimal production decisions: Optimal timing for extraction, optimal rate at which to extract oil (gas) from a field; value oil fields, pipelines and storage facilities, power plants