|15 - 19 Nov 2021
||London - UK
|13 - 17 Jun 2022
||London - UK
|14 - 18 Nov 2022
||London - UK
Why Choose this Training Seminar?
This training course will provide you with the skills and competencies to thrive as an executive or leader in any oil, gas, petrochemical or energy organisation. This training course is highly practical and focused on developing your skills and competencies.
This training course is designed to stretch delegates, in order to equip them with the knowledge and confidence to lead and manage in a fast-moving and complex business environment.
This training coursewill highlight:
- Key people management skills and techniques
- The importance of transformational leadership
- The best methods for problem-solving and making decisions
- Understanding international and business culture
- Strategy, strategic planning & strategic thinking
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, you will learn to:
- Describe the latest thinking in management and leadership
- Differentiate between transformational & transactional management
- Apply appropriate tools to understand and evaluate business strategy
- Identify appropriate decision-making techniques when dealing with problems
- Distinguish between groups and teams and list the major characteristics of effective teams
Who is this Training Seminar for?
This Petroknowledge training seminar will be suitable for a wide range of professionals in the Oil, Gas, Petrochemical and Energy Industries, however it will most suite:
- Executives who need a wider understanding of leadership and management principles
- Managers, Leaders and other Professionals that are likely to take up Executive positions in the not too distant future
- Technical staff moving into a people management role
- Professionals whose task it is to create and/or implement strategy who have not undertaken a formal MBA program
- Human Resource Management Professionals and Executives
How will this Training Seminar be Presented?
Participants to this training seminar will receive thorough training on the subjects covered by the seminar outline with the Trainer utilising a variety of proven adult techniques. Seminar methodology includes stimulating presentations supporting each of the topics together with interactive Trainer lead sessions of discussion. Role-plays, small group work, exercises and feedback will be used to facilitate learning.
This highly interactive seminar will assist the participants to understand the critical elements of people management leading to an impactful learning experience for all learners.
- Executive staff committed to delivering transformational and effective leadership
- Facilitating development for Executives and Leaders at all levels
- Improved teamwork and cooperation
- Training delivered consistent with best practices
- Staff with transferable and deliverable skills
The participants will learn practical skills that readily can be applied to their work environment and help to achieve team and organisational goals.
- Understand your roles, responsibilities and relationships
- Learn the latest methods to deliver effective and measurable people management
- Be able to provide effective and constructive team management
- Gain practical skills in a safe and constructive environment
- Develop transferable and deliverable skills
Day One: Sustainable Leadership
- Theories of Leadership
- What are the Differences Between Leadership & Management?
- Transformational & Transactional Management
- What is a Sustainable Leader?
- Key Competencies of Sustainable Leaders
- Behaviors of Sustainable Leaders
Day 2: Strategy, Strategic Planning & Strategic Thinking
- Understanding Strategy
- Thinking Strategically
- Vision & Mission
- Strategic Planning
- Tools: SWOT, PESTLE & Porter’s Five-Forces
- The Business Model Canvas
Day 3: Decision Making & Solving Problems
- How Problem-Solving and Decision-Making Differ
- Introducing the CATWOE Technique & Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Identify the Cause(s) of a Problem (Repetitive Why & Cause-and-Effect Analysis)
- Generate Ideas (Brainstorming & Crawford slip Methods)
- Organise, Analyse, and Prioritise Ideas (PMI)
- Determine the Appropriate Way of Making the Decision (Vroom-Jago Decision Model)
Day 4: Leading Teams
- The Differences of Groups and Teams
- The Major Characteristics of High-Performance Teams
- The Stages of Team Development
- Barriers to Group/Team Decision-Making
- Making Decisions by Consensus
- Recognizing and Overcoming False Consensus in Groups (Groupthink)
Day 5: International and Business Culture
- Understanding Globalisation
- Dimensions of Culture
- Hofstede’s Five Value Dimensions
- Workplace and Organisational Culture
- Developing a Global Mindset
- Personal Action Planning (PAP)