Why Choose this Training Course?
In the Oil & Gas or Petrochemical industries, increased technical and commercial complexity, coping with commercial, environmental and political cost and risk, provides oil and gas megaprojects with an environment of intense and growing stakeholder scrutiny.
This scrutiny highlights that despite increased recognition to the importance of project performance, a high percentage of projects fail to deliver on time or meet approved budgets. Recent research shows that the majority of mega-projects face delays and/or cost escalations and these overruns are prevalent in all segments and geographies of the industry – we must deliver improved performance in the delivery of its capital projects.
This interactive, collaboration-driven 5-day online training course will highlight the added value that can be achieved when effective control mechanisms are applied using project management-based techniques proven to be crucial in Baseline Management. At an advanced level, we need to consider behavioural awareness towards setting and establishing a positive culture in terms of management and leading people, particularly when dealing with collective or “ripple-effects” of myriad requests from diverse stakeholders. This is where collaboration, stakeholder management, team roles and integration will come to the fore.
The Advanced Managing Project Control training course is extremely engaging and participants will be taught using a combination of instruction, facilitated discussion, and hands-on interactive exercises all based on a real-world project example case study related to a current mega-offshore project in the Oil & Gas industry. The exercises will include many individual and group activities presented in a workbook within the training manual - the exercises are designed to provide each participant with a visual application of the principles and practices discussed throughout the course and can become a useful reference tool on their return to the workplace.
This online training course will highlight:
- Identify reasons that projects fail through lack of control
- Explore different types of control afforded through various lifecycle approaches
- Master techniques to control expectations through effective stakeholder management
- Learn how to create the right environment for project controls
- Driving performance behaviours and tools for measurement / oversight
- Understand which effective governance mechanisms will support planning, execution (change) and performance management
- Setting Project Controls - the key to a successful project
- Application of core planning techniques to enable management to control project scope, schedule, costs, uncertainty and quality