An Intensive 5-Day Online Training Course
Advanced Project Management
We currently have no scheduled session for this Course. If you are interested in running this course, please contact our Training Department at email@example.com
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Training Course?
Many of today’s projects are complex. We are faced with more and more challenges that make them so – including innovation, enforced schedules, new technology, changing regulations, multiple stakeholders, financial and economic challenges It is because of this that recognizing advanced skills and methodologies and addressing integration issues are key to improving the chances of success.
In this PetroKnowledge Advanced Project Management online training course, we will investigate how these key issues can produce unexpected results that many project personnel have to face and try to resolve. Delegates will work to explore critical issues in planning, contracting, leading, decision making, and execution of the project.
Integration, resourcing, and risk reduction are examined with simulation activities to bring these issues to life. Non-technical areas including stakeholder engagement, partner relationships, and approvals, are also evaluated.
This online training course will highlight:
- Dealing with project complexity and surprise effects
- Improving project strategies and selection
- Delivering the projects on time
- Mastering project planning techniques
- Addressing project resource concerns
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
This PetroKnowledge Advanced Project Management programme extends existing project management skills – learning how to avoid mistakes when executing and controlling a project, dealing with evolving stakeholder expectations, using trend analysis to measure project performance and improving project outcomes. Criteria to be observed in generating the Objectives.
At the end of this training course, you will learn to:
- Understand guidelines for project initialisation and prioritisation
- Develop key skills in Planning your Project
- Develop skills to manage project teams and contractors well
- Learn to assess and respond to Stakeholder Needs and Changes
- Master measurement and control of project variances
- Learn about Project Closure Reporting and Archiving Processes
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this Training course be Presented?
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The online training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
How will our Company Benefit upon Attending this Course?
Any organisation that invests in their project management personnel demonstrates a recognition of the importance of projects to their profit margin and the people that deliver them. Key benefits from Advanced Project Management skills include:
- Developed and competent project personnel
- Demonstration of crucial project management activities in relation to:
- Skills to build relations with and satisfy stakeholders
- Increased leadership skills which will add to
- motivation of project teams
What will I Gain upon Attending this Course?
Any individual that attends this online training course will gain an interactive, hands-on education in competencies crucial to deliver or add value to project teams. Key benefits include:
- Developed and competent in project methodologies
- Master diverse areas of projects
- Demonstration of the benefits associated with good project delivery
- Master skills required to deliver projects
- Increased motivation within teams through good Leadership
Day One: Project Selection and Initiation
- Initiating Projects – Key Focus Points
- Guidelines for Solid Project Start-up
- Understand the Project Life Cycle & Stage Gates
- Defining the Success Criteria of a Project
- Investigate Project Contextual Factors
- Prepare for Stakeholder Engagement
- Capture Requirements
Day Two: Leading Complex Projects
- The Keys to Effective Influence and Persuasion
- Staying Focused and Leading the Project Team
- Developing A Vision and Motivating Your Team
- Adapt Leadership Style to Suit Needs of the Project
- Selecting the Right Contractor
- Recognise the Need for a Change Management Process
Day Three: Mastering Project Planning
- Create the Scope Baseline
- Developing Network Diagram
- Create the Schedule Baseline
- Capture Cost Baseline Information
- Create Project Baseline
- Capturing Resource Issues and Updating the Schedule
- Facilitating & Integrating Project Work
Day Four: Leading Project Execution
- Ensuring a Successful Start to the Project
- Delegating Project Activities
- Manage Risks & Mitigation
- Key Negotiation Skills required to ensure Project Success
- Managing Contractor Issues and Action Items
- Coping with Major Changes to Project Plans
- Recognise Implications of Project Changes through Simulation
Day Five: Managing Progress Effectively
- Information Management
- Capturing & Challenging Progress Status
- Managing Change, Quality, and Risk
- Responding to the Dynamic Nature of Projects
- Forecasting - Predicting Future Project Needs
- Presenting Project Information to Management or Client
- Project Closure: Documenting Events and Lessons Learned
- On successful completion of this online training course, a PetroKnowledge E-Certificate will be awarded to the delegates