|12 - 16 Dec 2021
||Dubai - UAE
|11 - 15 Dec 2022
||Dubai - UAE
Why Choose this Training Course?
This training course has been specifically designed to develop the competency of supervisory level personnel by equipping them with the knowledge, skills and understanding to achieve Supervisory Excellence in their respective disciplines. On this Building Core Supervisory Competencies training course, you will learn about utilising management and leadership techniques to identify risks, problem solve, delegate, communicate effectively, develop yourself and others, control your team, your work environment; as well as create a climate and culture for improved performance. This PetroKnowledge course is essential development for supervisors operating and working in any industry.
This training course will highlight:
- The importance of the supervisory role for organizational success
- Your own self-awareness to manage yourself and others
- The analysing of risks and problems and providing effective decisions
- How to manage people through excellent interpersonal skills and communication techniques
- Methods developing increased performance management
- Developing people and increasing your team performance
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will learn to:
- Understand your self-awareness, as well as your role in the organisation and management style in order to effectively apply self-management.
- Determine effective problem solving, risk identification and analysis within your working environment
- Apply powerful interpersonal techniques to improve communication and manage others effectively
- Apply development, coaching and feedback techniques to increase optimum people performance management
- Improve team cohesion and impact on production through your management and actions.
Who is this Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge training course is suitable for supervisors from any background or discipline, this can include:
- Newly promoted Supervisors
- Experienced Supervisors with no or little formal training
- Persons who are expected to be promoted to the Supervisory level in the very near future
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will utilise a variety of proven highly interactive adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes targeted facilitated group and individual exercises, experiential case studies, role-play, as well as content specific videos. The instructor will also facilitate learning by encouraging the delegates to test and critically appraise any theories and concepts on the training.
Day One: The Importance of the Supervisory Role in the Organisation
- Supervisory role: importance in organizational success
- Managing or Leading as a Supervisor?
- The Power Bases of the Supervisor
- Supervisory characteristics, competences and behaviours
- Inspiring change and innovations leading to continuous improvement
- Personal Accountability, Reliability, Integrity and Honesty
Day Two: Problem solving, Decision Making and Time Management
- Defining problems
- Assessing risks and analyzing problems
- Problem solving models and techniques
- Decision making processes
- Time problems
- Prioritizing your time and others
- Allocating resources
Day Three: Mastering Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Overcoming communication barriers
- The power of questions
- Active listening skills
- How to influence the outcome/effects of others
- Persuasion and negotiation: keys to personal influence
- Conflict management: managing conflict assertively
- Effective meeting skills
Day Four: Managing your Team and Others for Results
- Factors for enhanced Team development
- Increasing team performance
- Group dynamics
- Job enrichment and motivation
- Effective delegation of tasks
Day Five: Developing your Team and Others
- How people learn
- Positive development: training and development planning
- Coaching for personal and team growth
- Giving powerful feedback to increase optimum performance
- Next steps