An Intensive 5-Day Online Training Course
Business Improvement & Quality Techniques
Implementing Recognized Best Practices that Give Maximum Impact on Business Objectives
|02 - 06 Oct 2023||Online||$3,950|
|11 - 15 Dec 2023||Online||$3,950|
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Online Training Course?
Business Improvement has been described as the process of 'moving from one state to a state that is considered to be better', usually through some action or intervention intended to bring about that change and improvement. If you want to improve the business, you need to capture all of the processes you currently carry out in the organisation. After they are captured in their current form, improvements can be modelled and change undertaken. These processes also need to be shared easily by staff so that they can easily find, use and refine the process further - this is how organisations successfully implement continual improvement in their organisations.
We live in a digital world. With social media giants such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn offering customers a greater voice than ever before - and businesses are listening. The modern business has had to dust itself off, buy a brand-new suit and tie and act like a grown-up. In a world where competition in business has become so fierce, consumer behaviour and concerns can no longer be ignored and as such, the definition of business improvement has been largely re-defined by targeting consumers and creating buyer personas so that the efficiency with which we are able to target potential buyers has become somewhat of a science.
Businesses turn to quality because customers want it, customers want it because they were told by other companies with quality awards that they deserved it so those same companies could stand out from the crowd - and here we are today, with quality as a defining characteristic of business improvement.
This PetroKnowledge Business Improvement & Quality Techniques Online Training Course will help you understand and be able to implement recognised Best Practice tools and techniques which is aimed at maximising both business and people performance. Improvement methodologies such as Kaizen, Lean and Six Sigma offer companies a new means of instilling business process improvement principles within their corporate culture to help implement Total Quality Management and Continuous Improvement.
Highlights of this PetroKnowledge Online Training Course include:
- Understanding how business process improvement and quality techniques can support business strategy and achievement of strategic goals
- The role of process and quality improvement in performance management systems
- Understanding Lean and where the tools and techniques can be applied
- The importance of teamwork to ensure benefits are maximised and maintained
- How to apply corrective actions within the 5S Model?
- Understanding TPM and OEE
- Using the Six Step Approach to Problem Solving
- Using Statistical Process Control to improve and sustain the Quality of a process
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
This PetroKnowledge Online Training Course is designed to achieve some key objectives. At the end of the session you will learn how to:
- Understand the context in which business process improvement and quality techniques support business strategy and high-level strategic goals
- Recognize the importance of business process improvement in performance management
- Apply 5S and Visual Management techniques to enhance process control
- Capitalize on the benefits of teamwork within the Lean model
- Apply structured problem-solving techniques to improve performance
- Identify where the 6 Big Losses are and choose the appropriate action plan to gain the biggest benefits
- Understand SPC and how to improve and control quality performance
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Online Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge Online Training Course is suitable for professionals who would like to take a wider perspective how they can improve their business while ensuring all team members are given opportunities to contribute to the improvements. This will ensure any gains made are both supported and sustainable.
This Online Training Course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Team Leaders
- Business Managers
- Production Personnel
- Senior Professionals
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this Online Training Course be Presented?
This PetroKnowledge online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of your choice location.
The organisation will benefit from this PetroKnowledge Online Training Course in the following ways:
- Alignment of business process improvement and quality techniques with business strategy and high-level strategic goals
- Application of business process improvement techniques in performance management
- Enhanced process control through the applications 5S and Visual Management techniques
- Workplace problems are resolved in structured problem-solving techniques to improve performance
- Reduction in the 6 Big Losses of company machine and equipment
- Improvement in process control and quality performance through wider application of SPC
The participants of this Business Improvement & Quality Techniques Online Training Course enjoy many benefits personally and professionally in the following manner:
- Greater understanding of the context in which business process improvement and quality techniques
- Support business strategy and high-level strategic goals through applications of improvement techniques
- Enhance performance management through higher recognition of the importance of business process improvement
- Contribute to the application of 5S and Visual Management techniques to enhance process control
- Become a better team player within the Lean model
- Apply structured problem-solving techniques to improve performance
- Choose the appropriate action plan to reduce the 6 Big Losses of company’s machine and equipment
- Apply SPC techniques and to improve and control quality performance
Day One: Strategy Deployment
- Vision, Mission & Purpose
- Strategy Mapping
- What is strategy? - An Overview of its Aims and Purpose
- Strategic Management Tools
- How business process improvement supports strategy?
- Using Strategy Maps to identify areas for business improvement
- Effective Strategy Execution
- Designing and Using Effective Performance Management Systems
- How business process and quality improvement fits in?
Day Two: Performance Management
- Process Management
- Business Process Simulation
- Key Performance Indicators
- Balanced Scorecards (BSC)
- The Toyota Production System (TPS) – A Philosophy Built on Lean
- The 4P’s of Lean Principles (Philosophy, Process, People & partners, Problem Solving)
- The 14 Principles of Lean
- Lean Awareness
- Definition of Lean
- What Lean Entails?
- Traditional vs. Lean
- Six Key Principles of Lean
- Cost Reduction and Lean Principles
- Barriers to Implementing Lean
- Understanding the Foundation and Pillars of Toyota’s ‘TPS House’
- Benefits of Lean to the Business & Employees
- The Five Phases of Lean Implementation
- Key Tools of Lean
- What is Value?
- The Three M’s of Waste
- Value Stream Mapping
- Measures of Performance
- The 7 Wastes
- 5S Workshop Management
- Visual Management
- Product Cell Design
- SMED Techniques
- Takt Time
- Line Balancing
- Process Capability
- Pull vs. Push
- Team Empowerment
Day Three: Process Excellence
- Six Sigma Methodologies
- 8D Problem Solving Process
- Tools & Techniques for Problem Solving
- Pareto Analysis
- Cause and Effect Diagrams
- 5 Why’s Analysis
- Paired Comparison
- Risk Management
- Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Kepner / Tregoe Rational Problem-Solving Method
Day Four: Performance Tracking & Monitoring
- The Meaning of Quality
- Quality Control
- Attribute and Variable Methods of Measurement
- Frequency Distribution
- Normal and Non-Normal Distribution Curves
- Standard Deviation for Normal Distributions
- Process Improvement Stages
- Machine Capability
- Cp/Cpk Interpretation
- Statistical Process Control
- Definition of SPC
- Common and Special Causes of Variation
- The Five Influencing Factors
- Introduction to SPC Charts
- Concern and Corrective Action Logs
Day Five: High Performing Work Teams
- Organisational Values & Culture
- Cultural Frames of Reference
- Four Layers of Culture
- The Cultural Web
- A Lean Culture
- People and Lean
- Effective Teamwork
- The Power and Roles of Teams in Lean
- Characteristics of Effective Teams
- Stages in Team Development
- Belbin’s Team Roles
- Team Role Questionnaire and Consideration
- Individual Team Characteristics (The Adair Model)
- Relating the Learning Points to the Real World
- Effective Team Leadership
- Consensus Reaching Tools and Techniques
- Facilitation and Coaching Skills
- On successful completion of this online training course, a PetroKnowledge E-Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
In Association With
Our collaboration with GLOMACS aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clientsVisit Website ›
Oxford Management Centre
Our collaboration with Oxford Management Centre aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients.Visit Website ›