An Intensive 3-Day Online Training Course
Combustion and Heat Transfer for Refinery Operations
Fundamentals for Efficiency and Reliability
|30 Oct - 01 Nov 2023||Online||$3,950|
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Online training Course?
Combustion and Heat Transfer for Refinery Operations PetroKnowledge online training course will present an overview of fuel combustion principles and heat transfer basics and discuss their direct implication to refinery fired process heaters and steam boilers operation, efficiency and reliability.
In spite of its large energy consumption and undeniable significance refinery fired heaters and boilers had been usually “taken for granted” in refinery operation. The mounting need to accommodate the concepts of plant efficiency and equipment reliability into day-to-day refinery operation requires a more technical approach to the operation of these units. Plant operators and technicians, being the first and most immediate interface with this critical plant equipment, need to be fully prepared to handle their significant role in an efficient, safe, environmentally conscious manner. Exposing these personnel to combustion and heat transfer issues and to their repercussions to energy savings, equipment integrity and global climate change would be a straightforward manner to enhance refinery returns.
This PetroKnowledge online training course will highlight:
- Typical fired heater and boiler fuels
- Combustion principles and heat transfer basics
- Process heater types, components and service applications
- Burners, function, types and characteristics
- Fired heaters performance
- Refinery boilers and operational performance
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
At the end of this Combustion and Heat Transfer for Refinery Operations online training course, attendees will learn to:
- Relate refinery fuels to gaseous emissions
- Learn combustion and heat transfer fundamentals
- Understand fired heater and boiler components and functions
- Evaluate fired heater and boiler performance
- Undertake effective measures to enhance equipment efficiency
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Online Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge online training course will greatly benefit plant personnel who need a pragmatic understanding of theory to complement and improve their hands-on grasp of process heaters and boilers.
This Combustion and Heat Transfer for Refinery Operations online training course is suitable to plant operators and technicians but will greatly benefit:
- Process plant shift leaders
- Process heater maintenance, control and service technicians
- Refinery inspection, materials, environmental and safety technicians
- Field operators applicant to handle heater / boiler console operation
- Entry level refinery engineers
- Refinery personnel dealing with risk assessment and integrity analysis
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this Online training Course be Presented?
This Combustion and Heat Transfer for Refinery Operations online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of your choice location.
The organization will benefit from this course by:
- A more methodical and efficient plant operation
- Improved equipment reliability and mechanical integrity
- Time and money savings by less maintenance and extended heater runs
- Increased plant and staff safety
- Motivated operators by their individual contribution to plant productivity
- Enhanced plant preparedness into environmental compliance
Combustion and Heat Transfer for Refinery Operations online training course attendees will learn to:
- Apply combustion and heat transfer fundamentals
- Improve heaters and boilers energy utilization
- Reduce operating costs
- Increase heater charge rates and run lengths
- Preserve equipment integrity
- Contribute to superior plant safety records and emission compliance
Day One: Fuels, Heat Transfer, Steam and Combustion Principles
- Fuels, Properties and Emissions
- Heat Transfer and Steam Generation Basics
- Combustion Reactions and Excess Air
Day Two: Fired Heaters and Performance Evaluation
- Heater Types and Main Components
- Heater Duty, Process Coils and Tube Skin Thermocouples
- Key Operational Factors
- Operational Adjustment for Thermal Efficiency: Draft and Excess Oxygen
Day Three: Refinery Steam Boilers and Performance Evaluation
- Refinery Boilers and Components
- Energy Balances and Thermal Efficiency
- Combustion Control, Boiler Tune Up
- Boiler Reliability and Best Practices
- On successful completion of this online training course, a PetroKnowledge E-Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
In Association With
Our collaboration with GLOMACS aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clientsVisit Website ›